Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

My laptop just came back from repairs (finally), some strange things are happening ......

In chrome,  all the things dependent on flash are blinking (or flashing). example- in  youtube, the bar showing the progress of  d  video which is supposed to disappear after sometime keeps blinking on and off.

get the one wich best suits your needs.

Aka get what you need and dont waste money on useless additional features.

So only you can decide.

As for me considering i had a 1400 euro max budget i went for a fairly basic motherboard that did what it needed to do and a big videocard and unlocked processor.

Edit, okay that was kinda hars but the point is.

What do you need from your motherboard and what do those motherboard offer.

Personally i would rather buy a cheaper motherboard so i can buy a bigger videocard than the otherway around

Ofcourse upgrade possibillities must also be taken into account.

I decided on the Maximus VII Hero, and bought it, along with a new PC case, earlier. Tomorrow I'll buy the power supply I need, and that leaves me with about 2000DDK. To put that into perspective, the Maximus cost me around 1100DDK.

Now, I have two options. Either I could spend the rest on an i7-4770k CPU, which costs exactly 2000DDK, OR I could wait indefinitely until I get money for a top-tier CPU or GPU.

I don't have money for any decent GPU, but I'm wondering if the i7-4770k is even worth it. Currently I have a i5-2500k. What do you think? Is it worth spending the money on the i7-4770k, or should I wait until I get money for something better? I just want something that can perform good and I won't have to worry about for a long time.

I decided on the Maximus VII Hero, and bought it, along with a new PC case, earlier. Tomorrow I'll buy the power supply I need, and that leaves me with about 2000DDK. To put that into perspective, the Maximus cost me around 1100DDK.

Now, I have two options. Either I could spend the rest on an i7-4770k CPU, which costs exactly 2000DDK, OR I could wait indefinitely until I get money for a top-tier CPU or GPU.

I don't have money for any decent GPU, but I'm wondering if the i7-4770k is even worth it. Currently I have a i5-2500k. What do you think? Is it worth spending the money on the i7-4770k, or should I wait until I get money for something better? I just want something that can perform good and I won't have to worry about for a long time.

For gaming purposes there is not much difference between a i7 and a i5.

Reason being a virual core is not of much use for a game as far as i am aware. (correct me if i am wring here)

So if i where you i would go for a i5-3570k wich is quite a bit cheaper than the i7 4770k and has almost the same clock speed just no virtual cores. (3.40gh vs 3.5ghz)

It is also well known to be reliable and very suited ofr overclocking when needed. (some people have this thing running at 4.5 ghz per core)

If you would to that you do need a non stock cooling but those are not that expensive and it's non overclocked performance is more good enough to run just about everything on max without maxing out the processor.

Only exception bein Wot because it only uses one core. (but that is a game design problem nothing to do with the cpu)

Now your gpu is much more important, This is where you want to spend most of your money if you are going for a gaming rig.

My gpu is a gtx 670 wich is the best i could afford. (i got 4gb instead of the 2gb version)

And it still is a very good gpu. ( So far I have managed to run everything on max settings no prop and generally still get 60 fps with vsinc on)

Only exception being WOT and War Thunder.

But WOt is very badly optimised for high end pc's

And i am running war thunder far beiond standard movie quallity settings especially on the render distance.

But if you have the money for it get a gtx 780.

So for your budget, i would personally say no a i7 4770k is not worth it.

Balance is the most important thing in a pc so make sure you get that right.

A good cpu and shitty gpu still make for a bad gaming rig.

Same for the other way around.

Hope this helps

Also next time please make a estimate how much that is in euro or dollar that says a bit more about your budget.

I thing you could get about5  more year of top performance out of these before you have to start dropping settings.

That said i am no computer expert so i could be way off.

The i5 wil probably last longer than the gtx 670.

But a gtx 670 is still far above average.

And dont forget that devolopment for desktop pc has slowed down in favor of mobile pc's.

And those gpu's are terrible compared to desktop gpu's.

A gtx 670 easali outperforms even gaming laptops. ( as far as i am aware.)

And dont forget budget is always top priority so spend what you got the right way and dont look back.

I think I'll just wait till I get more money.

Also, I fiddle around with Sony Vegas Pro now and then, so gaming isn't my only concern when it comes to CPU.

At any rate, thanks for your lengthy post. I appreciate it.

sorry i know i can get pretty lengty sometimes. ^_^

I think I'll just wait till I get more money.

Also, I fiddle around with Sony Vegas Pro now and then, so gaming isn't my only concern when it comes to CPU.

At any rate, thanks for your lengthy post. I appreciate it.

If you use video editing programs an I7 4770K might be worth it, since the extra cores and the hyperthreading is certainly profitable for such porgrams.

I can say with certainty that an I5 lacks multi threading and as such is less qualified for such heavy work.

If you use video editing programs an I7 4770K might be worth it, since the extra cores and the multi threading is certainly profitable for such porgrams.

I can say with certainty that an I5 lacks multi threading and as such is less qualified for such heavy work.

True for multitasking it indeed inferior.

But just so you know it both are quad cores

Wait, so should I get it or not?! I'M SO CONFUSED!!

That depends.

If you do a lot of video editing it is worth it.

The reason being video editing needs a lot of multitasking and for that hyperthreading is a good thing.

If you only do video editing on occasion it is probaly not worth it. The reason being the increase in price.

If you play a lot of games it is also not worth it because hyperthreading is not very usefull of games better spend the extra money on a better video card.

So it all comes down how much video editing you do and how heavy that video editing is.

This is decides wenether you actually need a i7-4770k.

The reason i sugessted the i5-3570k was because it did not know you did video editing.

And though you where planning on building a game machine.

In that case it is not worth it because the performance increase of the i7-4770k vs the i5-3570k would be mariginal as most games can't make use of hyperthreading.

In the case of video editing however the performance difference should be noticable due to the fact that the i7 is more suited to multitasking.

So it all depends on how heavy the video editing you do is and wenether that increase in performance during video editing is worth it for you.

I had  done some research a few months back for the new PC that i'll be buying, I had come to the conclusion that a quadcore i5 would suit me the best as I hardly do any video editing if any at all. As for the gpu I never reached a conclusion and just decided that I'll put all the remaining money into the gpu. Since I won't be buying the PC for some more months, I left the reaserch of specific details for later.