Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Not really. To be successful is neither to bury the treasure nor dig it up. To be successful is to be able to get others to do it for you. In the end, cunning is worth more than any effort or talent.

Disappointing answer.

While cunning is a mental faculty through which one can surely attain success, you would still need to exude actual effort in order to get other people to do thy biding via schemes, plans, subterfuge, manipulation and so on.
God given talent is a blessing but without effort (hard work) all the talent in the world is a wasted gift at best.
However, without passion (heart) to drive you to exert effort and make use of one's talent, you got nothing, since one would lack the determination to follow through with one's plans. Luck, as a factor, should never be discounted as well.

In conclusion talent+effort+drive+luck. ( :

P.S. I just happened to come across this forum because of the majikoi translation situation, but this conversation enticed me to join the forum add my 2 cents. Hope I didn't overstep.

While cunning is a mental faculty through which one can surely attain success, you would still need to exude actual effort in order to get other people to do thy biding via schemes, plans, subterfuge, manipulation and so on.

God given talent is a blessing but without effort (hard work) all the talent in the world is a wasted gift at best.

However, without passion (heart) to drive you to exert effort and make use of one's talent, you got nothing, since one would lack the determination to follow through with one's plans. Luck, as a factor, should never be discounted as well.

In conclusion talent+effort+drive+luck. ( :

P.S. I just happened to come across this forum because of the majikoi translation situation, but this conversation enticed me to join the forum add my 2 cents. Hope I didn't overstep.

Effort and Drive are the same thing,and luck isn't needed(assuming nothing goes wrong)

Effort and Drive are not the same thing, you just need drive in order to exercise any effort.

But there literally CAN'T be any effort without drive.Saying that you need to put effort into a thing automatically includes drive,otherwise you would be mistaken.

Sry DarkLord, I have to agree and disagree with you there. While effort and drive do go hand in hand, they are not one and the same. 
Drive is defined as "an innate, biologically determined urge to attain a goal or satisfy a need" effort is defined as "physical or mental activity needed to achieve something". Drive is the burning desire in one's heart or mind for something, effort is a means to an end. How much effort is needed, depends on talent and luck. And yes you wouldn't need luck as long as everything went to plan. Now let me ask you, how often do plans go off without a hitch? : D

Sry DarkLord, I have to agree and disagree with you there. While effort and drive do go hand in hand, they are not one and the same. 

Drive is defined as "an innate, biologically determined urge to attain a goal or satisfy a need" effort is defined as "physical or mental activity needed to achieve something". Drive is the burning desire in one's heart or mind for something, effort is a means to an end. How much effort is needed, depends on talent and luck. And yes you wouldn't need luck as long as everything went to plan. Now let me ask you, how often do plans go off without a hitch? : D

I knew that but saying that you need effort and drive to achieve something makes no sense,since if you say you need one thing you automatically include the other too.