Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Considering we have yet to release the new rules for G&C officially and because I actually got some well written and constructive PMs from certain people. I am willing to keep this open for a while longer, until the rules are officially released concerning this location.

What I will ask is, a new title, as it stands, the title is not accurate, so give me a new one. While this topic is still a topic without a real goal, I am willing to accept that many of you have found a home here. 

Like I mentioned before, the day will come when this will be no more, but it would be wrong to ignore the passion of the many that went out of their way to inform me of why they wish this remains open.

So give me a new title and for now, I'll let you roam free for a bit longer.

THE GIF MAN WITH THE SHINING SMILE HAS SPOKEN!

So give me a new title and for now, I'll let you roam free for a bit longer.

BY GOD! AT THE LAST MINUTE, KENDJIN SWOOPS IN FOR THE SAVE! IT'S STONE COLD! STONE COLD!

Well, this is great news. Thanks whoever sent them PMs. And thanks for the mods to allow this to continue.

We stand strong.

Unlimited Chat Works is pretty cool as a title in itself, but, maybe Kazama Family Homebase? It relates to the main plot points of Majikoi.

Unlimited Chat Works is pretty cool as a title in itself, but, maybe Kazama Family Homebase? It relates to the main plot points of Majikoi.

Why do I get the impression that’s just going to cause more angst later on? Calling it a homebase adds a feeling of permanency, and will create extra feels when the thread is closed down. Furthermore, Fuwa would actually be closing down a place given the title of ‘home’ instead of shutting down a thread people bonded in and have an attachment to. This will lead to even more accusations that Fuwa is insensitive and heartless and I don’t think Fuwa should open itself up to that.

Why do I get the impression that’s just going to cause more angst later on? Calling it a homebase adds a feeling of permanency, and will create extra feels when the thread is closed down. Furthermore, Fuwa would actually be closing down a place given the title of ‘home’ instead of shutting down a thread people bonded in and have an attachment to. This will lead to even more accusations that Fuwa is insensitive and heartless and I don’t think Fuwa should open itself up to that.

The reason why you would call it that is because it's a plot point in Majikoi. One of the biggest plot points. And the most applicable. It's where the main characters meet to speak and have fun once every week and go there to hang out and do whatever. Which is pretty much the concept of this thread. 

There's not a lot of other names to call it that would relate it to Majikoi. As I said, Unlimited Chat Works is a cool name, but we rarely ever speak about Fate/Stay Night, even though it's a great VN. This whole thread is about Majikoi, so make the title about Majikoi.

EDIT: I would like to add this place has already become a home to a lot of people who post in it every single day and speak to each other all the time. It's why so many people came up in arms for that. Reinforce that fact and allow it to continue. Respect the people that are here on a daily and give the forums traction. I've seen many, many, many people come and go through this thread and they all say they joined Fuwa because of this route's thread. It deserves respect for what it has done for Fuwanovel, I personally believe. I'm not as attached to it as others, but even I know that. You won't get butthurt people f when this thread shuts down, there's no real reason as to not create another thread unless the mods have some weird problem against it.

EDIT #2: If not 'Homebase' because apparently that word has become controversial, then maybe Kawakami Academy?

The reason why you would call it that is because it's a plot point in Majikoi. One of the biggest plot points. And the most applicable. It's where the main characters meet to speak and have fun once every week and go there to hang out and do whatever. Which is pretty much the concept of this thread. 

There's not a lot of other names to call it that would relate it to Majikoi. As I said, Unlimited Chat Works is a cool name, but we rarely ever speak about Fate/Stay Night, even though it's a great VN. This whole thread is about Majikoi, so make the title about Majikoi.

EDIT: I would like to add this place has already become a home to a lot of people who post in it every single day and speak to each other all the time. It's why so many people came up in arms for that. Reinforce that fact and allow it to continue. Respect the people that are here on a daily and give the forums traction. I've seen many, many, many people come and go through this thread and they all say they joined Fuwa because of this route's thread. It deserves respect for what it has done for Fuwanovel, I personally believe. I'm not as attached to it as others, but even I know that. You won't get butthurt people f when this thread shuts down, there's no real reason as to not create another thread unless the mods have some weird problem against it.

EDIT #2: If not 'Homebase' because apparently that word has become controversial, then maybe Kawakami Academy?

i like homebase

WOOOO

Thank you Ken-chan.

So good to see this place alive for longer and hopefully eternity. I like Sammeh's idea for the name change being "Kawakami Academy". Would be cool if you could rank people's accounts for this thread alone as 1st, 2nd or 3rd year according to their activity within the thread. Such is just a passing dream though.

Thanks again Ken-chan. Our passing knight with shining smiles.

So good to see this place alive for longer and hopefully eternity. I like Sammeh's idea for the name change being "Kawakami Academy". Would be cool if you could rank people's accounts for this thread alone as 1st, 2nd or 3rd year according to their activity within the thread. Such is just a passing dream though.

I'd say 0-200 page veterans would be third years, 200-400 page veterans are second years, and 400-onward would be third years in that scenario.

there's no real reason as to not create another thread unless the mods have some weird problem against it.

I think you’re saying that “it should be possible to create another thread like this in the future if this one is closed down, unless the mods have a weird problem with them?” I just wanted to clarify that statement, please correct me if I’m wrong.

There actually is a reason threads like these are being phased out in the future, and it has little to do with the mods. Sorry. But once again there are plenty of chat platforms around the place you can use. Most of us on Fuwa use them to muck around in.

Announcement of changes without reasoning provided.

Rooke steps in and speaks rather unilaterally in Tay's place.

Yet another day in fuwa-pr?

Well, suppose Kendjin's move is decent at least...?

---

I personally find unlimited chat works amusing, and calling the thread something that doesn't name it as a random talk thread seems weird. That said, this is my first post in a thread I don't really care about other than for matters of principle.

---

Well, new post above. Now, before you talk about other platforms, realize that forum posts are rather different in nature from IMs / group chats / IRC. Calling one a true replacement for the other shows a lack of knowledge on the topic.

Announcement of changes without reasoning provided.

Rooke steps in and speaks rather unilaterally in Tay's place.

Sorry. Tay's been very sick lately, and I know some of the stuff he's planning. So I thought I'd try and calm things down while he's not on.

EDIT:

Well, new post above. Now, before you talk about other platforms, realize that forum posts are rather different in nature from IMs / group chats / IRC. Calling one a true replacement for the other shows a lack of knowledge on the topic.

I'm well aware that you can't replace a forum with IM. For random chatter not containing any serious discussion, IM and Skype are quite adequate.

There actually is a reason threads like these are being phased out in the future, and it has little to do with the mods. Sorry. But once again there are plenty of chat platforms around the place you can use. Most of us on Fuwa use them to muck around in.

So random politics that have nothing to do with this thread? Right.

And regardless of that or not, the thread still exists and will be around for a while longer. For the moment, it seems like this is going to be the platform for speaking. So it seems that preaching Skype and IM will suffice is unneeded at this point. 

Pardon me if this sounds rude, really, but you don't really seem to be 'calming things down', more like shit talking the thread itself for no real reason that you have made public for our knowledge. Your little passive aggressive 'Lorem Ipsum' jab seems to personify that stance quite clearly.

Regardless, I suggest we get back to the roots of this thread at this point. We should start our random talk again or maybe suggest some names.

>hey guys, there are reasons but I can't tell you about them yet

Can you just... not do things while you can't follow through on them properly instead? Seriously, now.

I know perfectly well that Tay's been sick, and that's exactly why this wasn't a good idea... unless you subscribe to the Mark Zuckerberg method of changes.

I know perfectly well that Tay's been sick, and that's exactly why this wasn't a good idea... unless you subscribe to the Mark Zuckerberg method of changes.

It wasn't a good idea. If you want to be perfectly blunt, the mods jumped the gun. But I don't know whether they're aware of what Tay wants to do. His absence is causing some people to get a bit restless. I'm channeling my energy into proposal documents, for example. Otherwise I might lash out on the forum and Tay doesn't deserve that.

Pardon me if this sounds rude, really, but you don't really seem to be 'calming things down', more like shit talking the thread itself for no real reason that you have made public for our knowledge. Your little passive aggressive 'Lorem Ipsum' jab seems to personify that stance quite clearly.

It does. Before I got on here there was 3 pages full of angst. Anyway, Tay and I were PMing each other regards a G&C overhaul in July, I still have those PMs, so I thought I'd answer some questions if you wanted them answered. If you don't *shrugs*

Good to hear that the lockdown is getting postponed.

As for the new thread name, I don't think we should do anything Majikoi-themed. We have a new thread for the translation, so this one is basically redundant in that regard.

I like the new idea with "Unlimited Chat Works," but just to make sure that no one thinks it's a Fate-oriented thread, I suggest changing it to "Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk."

Or maybe we could try to make it a "thing" and call it "The Fuwa Chat - Random Talk."

I'd say 0-200 page veterans would be third years, 200-400 page veterans are second years, and 400-onward would be third years in that scenario.

I think you got something wrong there.

I like the reference but not so much the name change. I mean we are technically still keeping track of the updates for the patch and we do answer questions about progress politely. I feel like the "AKA random talk" was enough.

Not officially anymore, no. As a matter of fact, most of that belongs in the translation thread now.

Regardless, I suggest we get back to the roots of this thread at this point. We should start our random talk again or maybe suggest some names.

I find that hilarious, as our roots are Yandere's Miyako translation, not random talk.

It's understandable you'd feel the way you did, I do tend to talk for him alot with hardly anything to back up my words. But I'm really uncomfortable releasing any information to the public he may not want known yet. I try and tiptoe around things but...

I already feel guilty over the stuff I said in this thread. I think some stuff needed to be said though, but still it's not a good feeling. Because any backlash over my words will be directed at him, and now I don't know if  jumped the gun.

STILL ALIIIIIIVE.... nice. very nice. though at the same time it feels like... giving one more day with a loved one, who's death left you a destroyed and broken shell, knowing full well that you'll have to suffer it again. Or something like that..... giving back hope only to tear it away again, just because the first time didn't "quite" kill you. >.>

reading that... wow I'm just ball of sunshine aren't I.....

Holy bananas this thread is HUGE  :blink: 

The first thing that came to my mind after reading a few pages is "Shoutbox"  :P but I don't know one thing about how websites work/how accessible it would be to get one so pardon me if that was a stupid suggestion.

I don't even wanna touch the whole "Freedom to have a random chat thread vs. Forum rules/threads are meant for discussion"