Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

It's fine, though.

My body is ready for the abuse.

You know of those people who dont realize thier problem, you have heard of them have you?

well they usually dont end up very well.

And i will never open up your spoilers again. for the better of humanity.

Lest I seriously will try to end humanity :rolleyes:

ZJKlzK1.jpg

I've seen till the third episode of Panting and Stocking and well I have to admit that my favorite scene till now is the one in the first episode where they do the incantation/transformation of their 'weapons'. The sudden change in art style plus the awesome ost gives a strong impression.

I will admit to using ie, but i dont have much choise in the matter due to my huge favorites folder.

If you know a browser that can import them and keep the order i have sortet them in, do tell me. (i dont like fire fox because of the way the favorites work)

Okay, first things first: pretty much any browser nowadays can import bookmarks/favorites from any other browser.  I don't know when they all implemented that feature, but I've transferred bookmarks from pretty much every mainstream browser in existence.  It's really easy.

Second of all: Internet Explorer is a terrible browser.  From the short time I had to use it, I noticed that the popup blocker was ineffective and IE itself tended to take up more memory without decent performance.  I've also read that people using it have accidentally gone to sites that attempt to install viruses on your computer, and IE doesn't keep that from happening, like I know Chrome does.  It's...it's just bad.  There's no real reason to use it aside from it being the only browser that's on your computer from the beginning.

Okay, first things first: pretty much any browser nowadays can import bookmarks/favorites from any other browser.  I don't know when they all implemented that feature, but I've transferred bookmarks from pretty much every mainstream browser in existence.  It's really easy.

Second of all: Internet Explorer is a terrible browser.  From the short time I had to use it, I noticed that the popup blocker was ineffective and IE itself tended to take up more memory without decent performance.  I've also read that people using it have accidentally gone to sites that attempt to install viruses on your computer, and IE doesn't keep that from happening, like I know Chrome does.  It's...it's just bad.  There's no real reason to use it aside from it being the only browser that's on your computer from the beginning.

You obviously have not read the whole thing have you? <_<

i don't use it because i particularly like it but because the bookmark system actually works and does what it is supposed to do and then some.

As for installing firuses, i have never had ie install anything without my express permission.

i will however admit completely to the memory leak but when i used chrome for three months it was even worse on the memory usage. (with my old pc, wich had only 4gb of ram)

Now i dont give a shit bacause i got 16 gb of ram and thus it does not really affect anything if it uses 1 or 8 gb of memory.

quoting myself, never thought i would do that :ph34r:

Okay status update for those who care, i somehow fixed it

details, for the interested

After trying chrome, opera, and firefox.

And hating the way bookmarks work for them.

Altought hat has jsut as much to do with the way i use them.

I use them to keep track of anime i watched, vn i have on my pc, anime i want to watch, a list of programs i have on my pc in case of a full reinstall, stuff i want to buy, and as a massive music liblary.

ass well as a massive list of mods for multiple games, primarily bethesda games)

So yeah i kind of use it in a way it was not intended to be used

And ie bookmark system is the only one wich can properly organise and display that massive work. (and the only reason i use it)

As for chrome i did import the order in wich is sored my bookmarks.

But the way it displayed them is terrible. (on top wich makes scrolling with a mouse weel a pain in the ass)

I did download a app to make it display it on the left or right, but it suffered from the same problem firefox does with bookmarks.

And that is when i middle mouse click on a bookmark to open a tab it makes the bookmark screen dissapear and you need to click the bookmark screen again.

And i tend to open two or tree at a time.

So that was out of the window.

And after many restarts, reinstalling flashplayer again, running adaware and malwarebytes and not finding anything, some love tabs with a sledge hammer and breaking down hysterically crying.

I decided in a effort of futillity to instal ie11 one more time.

And that seemed to fix it......... no more high cpu usage, no more flashplayer crashed, still the usual ie memory leak. (but that does not bother me for i have 16gb ram muahahahaha) :P

as for the how and why....... i have no bloody idea and i dont give a shit anymore. Spend way to much time trying to fix this already. (better part of the morning)

Now i can only hope it will stay away and not come back.

I am dead tired already and it is still morning here, great way to start the day.... ow well.

Hope this makes it clear why i use ie. (though for forums and stuff i use firefox, aka just about everything i actually log on for)

I would recommend using Excell for those things. I actually keep a sheet of anime I have watched too since its getting close to 200 and remembering every name is almost impossible. It does a much better job that your bookmark solution.

you are telling me to take 400+ anime in a map and put that in excel?

And it works suprisingly well because i bookmark to the same site, animenewsnetwork.

and it works pretty much the same way an excel sheat does.

it is a list of names and not much more, that and if need to look a partial name up i can just use the search function and presto a page with information.

Other than that it is also sorted by year.

So it is pretty well organised.

Altough i will say that it stems from the time i just started watching anime and was to large by the time i orignionally wanted to change it so i merly reorganised it and it works pretty damm well actually.

You obviously have not read the whole thing have you? <_<

i don't use it because i particularly like it but because the bookmark system actually works and does what it is supposed to do and then some.

As for installing firuses, i have never had ie install anything without my express permission.

i will however admit completely to the memory leak but when i used chrome for three months it was even worse on the memory usage. (with my old pc, wich had only 4gb of ram)

Now i dont give a shit bacause i got 16 gb of ram and thus it does not really affect anything if it uses 1 or 8 gb of memory.

Hope this makes it clear why i use ie. (though for forums and stuff i use firefox, aka just about everything i actually log on for)

No, I actually read your entire post before I replied, I just only quoted what I was responding to.  I don't like quoting huge blocks of text, so I usually delete everything besides what I'm directly replying to.  I readjusted to Chrome's bookmarks system after using Safari for years and years.  What exactly about the IE bookmark system do you like so much?  I don't know that much about using IE because I've only used to to get access to sites that only load properly on IE, and to immediately download another browser.

I also remember in May Microsoft had only just gotten around to patching a serious security issue that had been around for a while, but that they hadn't caught wind of until then.  Apparently it was so bad that the US Department of Homeland Security recommended that people stop using IE until they fixed the issue.  If I remember correctly, it's the least secure browser available, and flaws in its coding are frequently exploited by hackers.

I've only had memory leak problems with Chrome and Firefox when my processor was acting up, which ended up being because I was stupid and forgot to clean out my heat sink.

No, I actually read your entire post before I replied, I just only quoted what I was responding to.  I don't like quoting huge blocks of text, so I usually delete everything besides what I'm directly replying to.  I readjusted to Chrome's bookmarks system after using Safari for years and years.  What exactly about the IE bookmark system do you like so much?  I don't know that much about using IE because I've only used to to get access to sites that only load properly on IE, and to immediately download another browser.

I also remember in May Microsoft had only just gotten around to patching a serious security issue that had been around for a while, but that they hadn't caught wind of until then.  Apparently it was so bad that the US Department of Homeland Security recommended that people stop using IE until they fixed the issue.  If I remember correctly, it's the least secure browser available, and flaws in its coding are frequently exploited by hackers.

I've only had memory leak problems with Chrome and Firefox when my processor was acting up, which ended up being because I was stupid and forgot to clean out my heat sink.

Hmmm it is a bit difficult to explain but i am goin to try.

( i will use ie and chrome as an example in this case) (ow and generally i use firefix for payments anyway, why well it just kind of happend that way)

I use ie primarily for things like youtube and such for random stuff i use firefox.

Anyhow here goes.

My first gripe with the bookmark system is that  chrome has it in the top wich makes scrolling between a lot of maps difficult and it looks disorganised.

My second gripe is that it opens a map as soon as my mouse moves over it wich is annoying when you need to hover over 5 maps before you get to the map you need. ( think of openig and closing a map really fast 5 times and that gets annoying pretty fast)

My third gripe with it is that every time i open a new tab with the middle mouse button it close my list of bookmarks.

So now for ie.

The list is on the right hand side wich means the list is vertical and that means it is easier no navigate.

I can easily scrool downwards with my mouse wheel.

I need to actually click on a map before it opens wich means less clutter and maps flahsing open and immidiatly after closing again.

And third when i middle mouse click to open a new tab the favorites stay open until i click outside of the favorites space.

This means i can easily open two tabs at once without having to navigate back to where is was a second ago.

Now this does not been i am a big fan of internet explorer. (else i would not use firefox in conjunction with it)

It means i am a fan of how it handles bookmarks. Wich i think it does much better than the rest)

It is much more suited to people who have a large amount of bookmarks in a tree structure. (and chrome really does not like it if you have a map in a map, it looks cluttered like all hell)

Long story short i use ie for things like browsing youtube and stuff, if i need to download stuff i use firefox.

And it works suprisingly well because i bookmark to the same site, animenewsnetwork.

it is a list of names and not much more, that and if need to look a partial name up i can just use the search function and presto a page with information.

Altough i will say that it stems from the time i just started watching anime and was to large by the time i orignionally wanted to change it so i merly reorganised it and it works pretty damm well actually.

I only meant it workes better because it frees you up to use better browsers. 

Also I think you can configure how bookmarks work in chrome. Because I dont know if I am misunderstanding or something but, my bookmarks do not work in the same way.

I only meant it works better because it frees you up to use better browsers. 

Also I think you can configure how bookmarks work in chrome. Because I dont know if I am misunderstanding or something but, my bookmarks do not work in the same way.

I only meant it works better because it frees you up to use better browsers. 

mayby but it is working just fine in all honest.

I use ie for listening music and watching youtube and firefox for the rest.

So i already use a better browser for most things

It's likely that Type Moon didn't want anything overly... 'taboo fanservice-y' stuff in their novel, so no loli route. I think that they explained this in one of the Tiger Dojo sketches. Initially they did plan to implement a Illya route and even started work on it, but eventually they chickened out of it and threw it away.

Taiga was always meant as a comedy relief support character and wasn't significant enough to the plot to warrant her own route.

It's likely that Type Moon didn't want anything overly... 'taboo fanservice-y' stuff in their novel, so no loli route. I think that they explained this in one of the Tiger Dojo sketches. Initially they did plan to implement a Illya route and even started work on it, but eventually they chickened out of it and threw it away.

Taiga was always meant as a comedy relief support character and wasn't significant enough to the plot to warrant her own route.

While I do agree on Taiga, there really should have been an Ilya route. 

I did not mean a fully flegded route ala heavens feel.

I meant a comedy relief mini route. She definitly deserves that.