Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Seems people seem to like Comyu, I gave it a little try, but started hating the spineless self-proclaimed "feminist" MC immediately, doesn't help that the main girl or w/e is one of those annoying violent/arrogant/cold character archetypes that walks all over him and treats him like garbage. I guess it's for the M audience or something. Maybe she gets better.

More than that though, based on the somewhat dark humour and stuff I was scared that a main heroine would die or some sort of lonely shit would end up happening so I abandoned it completely.  My heart can't take those kind of stories. I don't mind if they're sad or downright depressing as long as they end on a happy note.

Seems people seem to like Comyu, I gave it a little try, but started hating the spineless self-proclaimed "feminist" MC immediately, doesn't help that the main girl or w/e is one of those annoying violent/arrogant/cold character archetypes that walks all over him and treats him like garbage. I guess it's for the M audience or something. Maybe she gets better.

Sounds pretty awful. Violent/arrogant girl and doormat guy is one of my least favourtie pairings in fiction. Overdone and annoying. And on the "feminist" guy, surely not helping out girls at all would be more feminist. "Never refuses to help any girl in trouble." Unless he also helps guys, that it can be taken as sexist. I think a guy punching a girl in the face Touma style, then saying "I'm a feminist" would be more accurate. Not to mention hilarious.

Yeah I think as far as how it's portrayed the idea of a "feminist" is basically an "ally of women", at least, that's how they seem to play out. Idk if it's just a bad translation, or the word for "feminist" can mean different things or if that's how otakus view feminism.

But I don't want to start a debate about feminism and attract the SJW crowd, or it'd go on forever. I just want to know if Comyu routes end on a bad note or if any love interests die. Lol. Also yeah, I absolutely can't stand violent/arrogant/condescending characters, I'd be able to live with it if the guy would make some witty snaps back at them, to even out the playing field and make it fun, but when it's just some spineless pervert who laps it up it irritates me quite a bit.

Seems people seem to like Comyu, I gave it a little try, but started hating the spineless self-proclaimed "feminist" MC immediately

He's definitely not spineless, I don't think you read far enough at all. There's a reason he goes around saying he's a "feminist", and it's a very good reason.

doesn't help that the main girl or w/e is one of those annoying violent/arrogant/cold character archetypes that walks all over him and treats him like garbage. I guess it's for the M audience or something. Maybe she gets better.

She's his deredere osananajimi, what are you talking about... She reminded me almost exactly like Momoyo, it's why she's my favorite character because she looks, sounds and acts almost exactly like Momoyo from Majikoi, at least if Momoyo was in a darker setting than Majikoi.

My heart can't take those kind of stories. I don't mind if they're sad or downright depressing as long as they end on a happy note.

I know the feeling, I quite often find myself using walkthrough's to avoid the bad endings, I can't stand bad endings (not after Yume Miru Kusuri). It's also one of the reasons I dislike everyone's favorite Muv-Luv Alternative.

As with regards to Comyu:

It ends on a happy note

:)

I don't know how to multiquote, lol.

Well no, I didn't read that far. I did say that I only touched on it. Are you saying he gets better? Because from the first bit he behaves almost like your typical dense coward MC that enjoys getting stepped on by his super cool childhood friend. Somehow him going "Uuu.." everytime she insulted him and put him in his place wasn't very convincing. If he gets better though, that's fantastic.

I'm sure we're talking about the same girl, so I'm actually not sure what you're talking about... because she insults him left and right. She's one of those characters that plays it cool and is extremely arrogant rude and condescending, regardless if she loves him. Again, I didn't read much at all because it turned me off. (as did the prospect of anyone dying) I'm guessing you're saying she goes into a deredere mode? Because her introduction is anything but pleasant, and anything but dere. Momoyo is a good comparison, except Momoyo doesn't really badmouth yamato, and she's not violent with him, (her bear hugs and stuff don't really count) she's just tough, cool, and possessive. They're entirely different in those regards. I do see how they're kind of the same regarding the whole "prove how strong you are to me" though with Momoyo it wouldn't be followed with "..you stupid monkey shit" etc. Honestly she reminds me most of Senjougahara in bakemono, a dagger tongue spitting venom left and right, yet for some reason we're to understand she loves him. She's kind of a cross between Senjougaharas razor tongue rudeness with sadistic tendency and Momoyos relaxed "I do what I want" cool attitude. At least, she is in the first bit that I read.

You're just like me, I couldn't even touch Muv Luv 

because I read that a heroine dies.

I literally skipped one of the highest rated VNs just for that reason, lol. I can't handle it. I was crushed with Yume Miru.. after a few VNs like that, I started following walkthroughs and even spoiling the ends of anime (after I watched katanamonogatari and others I can't think off the top that ended sadly) just to avoid that. I was depressed for ages after absolutely loving Inu Boku SS, then reading what actually happens in the manga or w/e.. my God. I just convince myself (it's hard) that the anime is canon.

Are you saying

just the true route is happy end, or all routes are? (not counting bad ends)

Well no, I didn't read that far. I did say that I only touched on it. Are you saying he gets better? Because from the first bit he behaves almost like your typical dense coward MC that enjoys getting stepped on by his super cool childhood friend. Somehow him going "Uuu.." everytime she insulted him and put him in his place wasn't very convincing. If he gets better though, that's fantastic.

I'm sure we're talking about the same girl, so I'm actually not sure what you're talking about... because she insults him left and right. She's one of those characters that plays it cool and is extremely arrogant rude and condescending, regardless if she loves him. Again, I didn't read much at all because it turned me off. (as did the prospect of anyone dying) I'm guessing you're saying she goes into a deredere mode? Because her introduction is anything but pleasant, and anything but dere. Momoyo is a good comparison, except Momoyo doesn't really badmouth yamato, and she's not violent with him, (her bear hugs and stuff don't really count) she's just tough, cool, and possessive. They're entirely different in those regards. I do see how they're kind of the same regarding the whole "prove how strong you are to me" though with Momoyo it wouldn't be followed with "..you stupid monkey shit" etc. Honestly she reminds me most of Senjougahara in bakemono, a dagger tongue spitting venom left and right, yet for some reason we're to understand she loves him. She's kind of a cross between Senjougaharas razor tongue rudeness with sadistic tendency and Momoyos relaxed "I do what I want" cool attitude. At least, she is in the first bit that I read.

You're just like me, I couldn't even touch Muv Luv 

because I read that a heroine dies.

I literally skipped one of the highest rated VNs just for that reason, lol. I can't handle it. I was crushed with Yume Miru.. after a few VNs like that, I started following walkthroughs and even spoiling the ends of anime (after I watched katanamonogatari and others I can't think off the top that ended sadly) just to avoid that. I was depressed for ages after absolutely loving Inu Boku SS, then reading what actually happens in the manga or w/e.. my God. I just convince myself (it's hard) that the anime is canon.

Are you saying

muv luv extra itself is perfectly readable and ends on a happy note.

Well not completly bacause you need to lose on of your best friends depending on the ending.

Dont worry she won't die just that she needs to take distance.

Mul luv unlimited does not end on a happy note but also not on a bad note.

you can chose to either save your girl or save yourself.

As for mul luv alternative, I have no idea how to explain it becous it ends really wierd.

First all main heriones get killed and then you get send back where everybody is alive and living happy except for one who comes from alternative and remembers everything.

I also detested the protag, he is always whinning. Still I completed Muv-Luv and it was a pretty good vn.

i agree with you there, the protag really managed to get on my nerves, but the story was good enough to actually make up for it.

I'm weird like that ;)

Are you saying he gets better? Because from the first bit he behaves almost like your typical dense coward MC that enjoys getting stepped on by his super cool childhood friend. Somehow him going "Uuu.." everytime she insulted him and put him in his place wasn't very convincing. If he gets better though, that's fantastic.

It's pretty much just her that he's scared of - and for very good reasons (you find out why pretty early on). He's definitely not a coward and holds the "proactive protagonist" tag.

I'm sure we're talking about the same girl, so I'm actually not sure what you're talking about... because she insults him left and right. She's one of those characters that plays it cool and is extremely arrogant rude and condescending, regardless if she loves him.

I saw that more as playful teasing... Especially considering she walks around his room naked and gives lots of suggestive poses and whatnot to him.

I'm guessing you're saying she goes into a deredere mode? Because her introduction is anything but pleasant, and anything but dere.

She's definitely deredere. She even admits it herself constantly. The truth of the statement gets explained in her route very well.

Momoyo is a good comparison, except Momoyo doesn't really badmouth yamato, and she's not violent with him, (her bear hugs and stuff don't really count) she's just tough, cool, and possessive. They're entirely different in those regards. I do see how they're kind of the same regarding the whole "prove how strong you are to me" though with Momoyo it wouldn't be followed with "..you stupid monkey shit" etc.

I only remember her really insulting him if: He does something stupid, or he's being flirty with another girl(jealousy). As I said she reminds me of Momoyo, if Momoyo was in a darker setting. Both Momoyo and Kagome are the "unnatural" in their respective settings, Momoyo is a demon with her power and Kagome is described as a "witch" by the protagonist.

You're just like me...

Yup, I can't help but get teary and want happy endings for VN's. The forced bad ending before you can get the good ending in KiraKira devastated me for weeks.

Are you saying

ALL of the routes have good endings, some of them have also have bad endings(but not all of them). One of the routes has a neutral ending that you have to read first before you get the good ending (but the VN lets you instantly go back to the right choice and it's like a 5-10 minute read difference)

I'm weird like that ;)

It's pretty much just her that he's scared of - and for very good reasons (you find out why pretty early on). He's definitely not a coward and holds the "proactive protagonist" tag.

I saw that more as playful teasing... Especially considering she walks around his room naked and gives lots of suggestive poses and whatnot to him.

She's definitely deredere. She even admits it herself constantly. The truth of the statement gets explained in her route very well.

I only remember her really insulting him if: He does something stupid, or he's being flirty with another girl(jealousy). As I said she reminds me of Momoyo, if Momoyo was in a darker setting. Both Momoyo and Kagome are the "unnatural" in their respective settings, Momoyo is a demon with her power and Kagome is described as a "witch" by the protagonist.

Yup, I can't help but get teary and want happy endings for VN's. The forced bad ending before you can get the good ending in KiraKira devastated me for weeks.

ALL of the routes have good endings, some of them have also have bad endings(but not all of them). One of the routes has a neutral ending that you have to read first before you get the good ending (but the VN lets you instantly go back to the right choice and it's like a 5-10 minute read difference)

I can't tell if any of that is yours since it's all in a big quote. And woooo, fellow South African

I can't tell if any of that is yours since it's all in a big quote. And woooo, fellow South African

It looks fine to me... weird. Dunno if living in this shitty country is something to celebrate :| Bad internet, horrific crime rate, corrupt government and not even a place to study Japanese (at least not in the Eastern Cape to my knowledge).

You and Gen should get a room.

Excuse me for trying to contribute some meaningful conversation and help somebody out <_< I guess if an entire page isn't filled with your love of ass-buggery or 1 word multipost replies then it's a crime.