Harukoi Otome

Sparkker

Started playing it...

Anything related about it is fine.. Just please, don't stray this topic to piracy and stuff.

I really won't care if your basis is from the Anime or VN.

Although anime is somewhat confusing if you talk about it route wise, unless of course if that's a indirect harem route.

Since he gets at least 1 scene per girl and the supposed ending is with Umi, or does it really end as a harem? I don't know, I just base it from things I've remember from reading episode reviews.

Nothing to comment yet. Seems like quite a normal moege until now. I'm thinking of dropping it... Has anyone finished a character route yet? if so, what did you think of it? I'll probably play this on a very slow ratio or stall it completely until I know it has a good story.

I'll retreat my previous statement. Yeah, it is quite a normal moege with very cliche and sometimes even bland plot devices, but the routes were made nicely. Just finished Ayaka's route. It was well done, even if it was somewhat cliche. Even if I guessed most of what would happen right, that didn't stop it from being a pleasant experience, I guess?

Edited by Kaguya

• 8 months later...

I've done like 4 routes in it and honestly it wasn't anything special. The one thing that bugged me the most was, and I'm not gonna spoil anything in any specific route except the routes tone, but I didn't like how the beginning of the game is very lighthearted and can be pretty funny at times and then does a 180 when you start doing a girls route. Some aren't to bad but there were times where I felt kind of disturbed on how depressing some of the routes get.

It's not too bad if you have a high tolerance to this kind of stuff but I can't recommend it too much.

BaseSon is just... yeah, they put the the least amount of effort necessary into everything they do, it seems. If you felt so strongly about what goes on in the routes, I'd like to see your reaction to a real nakige or utsuge. Well, I'm mostly talking out of my ass because I quit this game pretty early in, but I can't imagine BaseSon delivering any particularly strong emotional moments.

• 1 year later...

BaseSon is just... yeah, they put the the least amount of effort necessary into everything they do, it seems. If you felt so strongly about what goes on in the routes, I'd like to see your reaction to a real nakige or utsuge. Well, I'm mostly talking out of my ass because I quit this game pretty early in, but I can't imagine BaseSon delivering any particularly strong emotional moments.

But real nakige is supposed to have a happy ending right? Isn't nakige with depressing endings really mislabled utsuge? I haven't been into VN for too long, but that was my impression.

The heroines and side characters were starting to really piss me off so i read up a bit before spending too much time with this VN, and i'm sure this is only the icing on the cake.

Is this really as bad as it seems? Chasing a lesbian girl which has her way with another girl before it's your turn? And not to mention the lesbian undertones in general for most heroines... Childhood friend which seems lovely, but turns into a right bitch towards you exclusively when she's drinking? Might be something that rears it's ugly head during her route, or just some comic relief i don't know. -10 points for that heroine, and i liked that airhead initially. Sister which is faking being your sister and you're the only person not knowing about it? Who writes this crap? Ohh, and that guy was really pissing me off. Holy crap what an relentlessly annoying character. I'm sure he's helpful in some heroine route to balance it out though, but i never got that far

So, are there any redeeming qualities here? Some routes that aren't chock full of bullshit? I don't mind drama, but it must be the right kind of drama. Faking sister, potentially vile childhood friend, lesbian heroine... Those are completely uninteresting...

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/9730-haruoki-otomes-horribleness/?hl=harukoi+otome

tl;dr: It's the worst thing ever made, stay away. I made it my main purpose in life to save people from this Visual Novel.

But are there routes with likable heroines? I guess i don't know enough about Ayaka, Sonya, Yuika (other than the suspected hidden/suppressed resentment), Kisaya. I mean, if the heroines turn out to be absolute cunts, then i won't give a crap about their routes. I don't mind spoilers as long as the end result isn't spoiled.