KARAKARA Demo Release

littleshogun

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

Yaay :sacchan: 

That didn't take long. Also, Denpasoft finally updated their site so that their new releases are featured lol. Their 2 newest games weren't actually listed there yesterday :wahaha: (If you click "games" now, you'll see the old layout still, which lacks 2 releases. Good job guys :makina: )

EDIT 2: The issue with the Denpasoft game is now fixed, so go nuts! (Gotta give it to Denpasoft support, they really do act fast on these things.)

EDIT: ... don't buy the game on Denpasoft right now guys, wait for a bit. They actually did something wrong, so the thing you get if you buy the game now is the patch, NOT the game ... :wahaha:

Sent support an email, hopefully it will be fixed shortly.

On 6/16/2016 at 1:02 AM, littleshogun said:

Speaking about link, just go to Steam Store here and you could freely download it. Here's the link below, and I'll write my impression about the demo later.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/487430/

PS - Well to be honest I just learned how to copy and paste on tab, so my earlier post didn't had the link.

How long is the game? I am asking you people individual time with the game, not vndb time.

On 6/16/2016 at 5:33 AM, Deep Blue said:

I didn't know that Mizusawa Kei was doing the voice acting in this game, I love her so much I could play this vn just for her :kosame:
also having both languages at the same time...I cant resist playing it even if it's not my type of novel and the translation looks fine to time.

Both languages? Mind clarifying that for me?  Ummm where that quote from? Below what you wrote. 

21 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Uhm, it isn't? That's the link to the digital 18+ release, which isn't available yet. The only versions available atm are the all-ages Steam version and 18+ patch for it. I'll wait for a full, stand-alone digital release; not a big fan of Steam 18+ patches.

On 2016/6/28 at 0:40 AM, XReaper said:

guess this marks the date where japanese devs started actively pandering towards western weaboos... =/

I remember I laughed my ass off when I read the same from Zen. We'll have to wait a bit for it to take a full effect, but judging from the way japanese industries work in general, we can preety much expect that to happen in the near future. Now, if they'd embrace western themes more instead of simply pandering to weeaboos, I'd be delighted, but alas - it won't happen :Teeku:

44 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Uhm, it isn't? That's the link to the digital 18+ release, which isn't available yet. The only versions available atm are the all-ages Steam version and 18+ patch for it. I'll wait for a full, stand-alone digital release; not a big fan of Steam 18+ patches.

I remember I laughed my ass off when I read the same from Zen. We'll have to wait a bit for it to take a full effect, but judging from the way japanese industries work in general, we can preety much expect that to happen in the near future. Now, if they'd embrace western themes more instead of simply pandering to weeaboos, I'd be delighted, but alas - it won't happen :Teeku:

It is, (I have already purchased and finished palying the digital 18+ version) :P

Link: https://denpasoft.com/shop/karakara-18-verson/

EDIT: wtf, it actually isn't available anymore? :michiru:

I legit bought it last night. I just finished playing it :wahaha: Even have an email from Denpasoft support, ( there was an issue with my payment,) which says "you should now be able to download the 18+ version."

Idk what is going on, but it WAS available for a while, and I was able to buy it, and they said nothing about it being too early or anything so ... wtf?

16 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

It doubtlessly says "Coming Soon". Is that not what he's referring to?

I have no idea what is going on, but it was available yesterday, and I was able to buy it.

Look :miyako:

o1iGlRE.png

EDIT, okay, so it's just a mistake on their part.... if you go to the homepage, and hover over the game, you can still add it to your cart. The "coming soon" must just be a mistake. Again, they actually changed something with the game download yesterday, as it was initially a broken link, so it could have happened in that process.

So yeah, you can still buy it.

Sent support an email asking about it, cuz I'm really curious as to what is going on atm :wahaha: My guess is that it's just a mistake on their part, seeing as the game is listed on both Calme's website, and their own as "on sale!" (and the fact that I already bought it, lol.) 

19 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

this

iccF3Gk.jpg

There are many vn's that have done this such as Go Go Nippon!, Tokyo School Life, KaraKara (duh) among some of them. It's particularly useful for those of us that are learning Japanese or picking up on grammar and other things.

I really do like it when the developers do this sort of thing. :sachi: 

7 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

It's particularly useful for those of us that are learning Japanese or picking up on grammar and other things.

I really do like it when the developers do this sort of thing. :sachi: 

cant see the potential benefit for one improving in japanese, simply because those are in most cases no literal translations and partly got edited the living fucks out of them. sure it´s a nice gimmick, but not nearly as useful as some make it out to be.

So what's your opinion regarding KARAKARA here?

My opinion here would be it's quite good. Even if there's some shortcoming, I understand why seeing apparently this is experiment project by gathering all star cast here. For the writing, there is some interesting thing, especially in regard of disaster here. But for now it's quite short VN here, so there's no further explanation unfortunately. As for the main cast here, I could accept the polygamy here, seeing that there's only less than 2000 people on the city and the main casts were alone for a while. For the voice, even though there is only 3 seiyuu, they did good job here (Although they must play double role here, seeing that the technician voice here was usual Kawashima voice range. For DJ voice, I would guess Taguchi Hiroko here). And for Aisia, let's just said she remind me of Yarai Miu from Dracu Riot (Same seiyuu here too). Oh, and for the answer in regard of playtime, maybe around 4-5 hours should be enough (I didn't count it, and sometimes I'm not play this. So I didn't knew the exact playtime here).

I think that's all for my opinion here. For last word here, I would suggest this VN for the beginner here or if you want to look at short and light thing, just like Nekopara.

11 hours ago, littleshogun said:

So what's your opinion regarding KARAKARA here?

My opinion here would be it's quite good. Even if there's some shortcoming, I understand why seeing apparently this is experiment project by gathering all star cast here. For the writing, there is some interesting thing, especially in regard of disaster here. But for now it's quite short VN here, so there's no further explanation unfortunately. As for the main cast here, I could accept the polygamy here, seeing that there's only less than 2000 people on the city and the main casts were alone for a while. For the voice, even though there is only 3 seiyuu, they did good job here (Although they must play double role here, seeing that the technician voice here was usual Kawashima voice range. For DJ voice, I would guess Taguchi Hiroko here). And for Aisia, let's just said she remind me of Yarai Miu from Dracu Riot (Same seiyuu here too). Oh, and for the answer in regard of playtime, maybe around 4-5 hours should be enough (I didn't count it, and sometimes I'm not play this. So I didn't knew the exact playtime here).

I think that's all for my opinion here. For last word here, I would suggest this VN for the beginner here or if you want to look at short and light thing, just like Nekopara.

Guess I may buy it then when I can. Polygamy is a big deal for me anyway.