Looking for romance / comedy VNs similar to shuffle!

Haruhiko

I am looking for a VN similar to shuffle!, with a fantasy setting mixed into a romance / comedy game. Preferably with heroines like Nerine, Primula and Sia, who aren't normal humans. (Elves, demons, angels etc. Also fine with something different, like catgirls and such, but I want a game with routes that has some length to it.)

I have played Shuffle!, I am currently playing Tick! Tack! and Tokyo Babel, and I plan on playing Really! Really! later, so do not recommend any of those.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated!

(It has to be translated into English. >_<)

That's quite difficult

There are a few translated SoL VNs with fantasy elements, like most of Key's stuff like LB, Rewrite, etc. and Favorite's titles, like Hoshizora no Memoria

For normal school life things, try out Princess Evangile, Noble Noodle Works and Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki, which should be finished in  due time.

As for non-human heroines within those genres and tropes, Nekopara, Wanko to Kurasou, My Girlfirend is the President and Dracu-Riot! (Well, it's almost fully translated, so close enough) come to mind that are translated. There's also Monster Girl Quest, but that's not really SoL nor school life oriented.

Edited by Arcadeotic

Wecome to Fuwanovel, even though this isn't introduction page though. For recommendation, it's quite a challange here but maybe in regard of non human heroine there's ToHeart 2 (Alien), My Girlfriend is the President (Starship. Yes you read it right), and Dracu Riot (Vampire, and right now it was 90% translated). Keep in mind that I used non human tag on VNDB, so my suggestion might be wrong to you. Although the setting was not fantasy setting though, only normal one (But at least it had comedy and romance). Hope my recommendation here helpful to you.

50 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Nekopara.

Thanks for the recommendation. It seems that it is little on the shorter end, but it looks cute.

46 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

That's quite difficult

There are a few translated SoL VNs with fantasy elements, like most of Key's stuff like LB, Rewrite, etc. and Favorite's titles, like Hoshizora no Memoria

For normal school life things, try out Princess Evangile, Noble Noodle Works and Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki, which should be finished in  due time.

As for non-human heroines within those genres and tropes, Nekopara, Wanko to Kurasou, My Girlfirend is the President and Dracu-Riot! (Well, it's almost fully translated, so close enough) come to mind that are translated. There's also Monster Girl Quest, but that's not really SoL nor school life oriented.

Already played Princess Evangile, (think it should be listed on my VNDB. Maybe I forgot to add it.)

Thanks for the other recommendations! Will look into them!

43 minutes ago, Novel21 said:

I would recommend to play Wanko to Kurasou, it's very amazing VN to play:D

Thanks for the recommendation, it looks cute!

39 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Wecome to Fuwanovel, even though this isn't introduction page though. For recommendation, it's quite a challange here but maybe in regard of non human heroine there's ToHeart 2 (Alien), My Girlfriend is the President (Starship. Yes you read it right), and Dracu Riot (Vampire, and right now it was 90% translated). Keep in mind that I used non human tag on VNDB, so my suggestion might be wrong to you. Although the setting was not fantasy setting though, only normal one (But at least it had comedy and romance). Hope my recommendation here helpful to you.

Thank you for the welcome!

Yeah it seems my request is a little too specific perhaps. Thanks for the recommendations!

21 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

I'd say something like : Nekopara, Wanko to Kurasou, Princess Evangile, Noble Works, Dracu-Riot! are among some that might fit the bill

Thanks! Looks like several people like these, seeing as they have been repeated quite a few times now.

17 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I'd also add Da Capo 2 and if you're fine with gameplay, Kamidori Alchemy MeisterKohime Musou is also a great fantasy romcom, but it leans more towards harem than single heroine if you're fine with that.

Thank you for the recommendations! They look interesting.

I'm fine with there being a singular heroine too. Harem endings might be okay, I haven't really played any game with that before. I mainly added the route part because I prefer longer VNs. If they are too short, it isn't as entertaining to me.

I haven't played Da Capo 1 though. Is it possible to play the second one without the first one?

35 minutes ago, Haruhiko said:

I'm fine with there being a singular heroine too. Harem endings might be okay, I haven't really played any game with that before. I mainly added the route part because I prefer longer VNs. If they are too short, it isn't as entertaining to me.

Koihime Musou is one of the longest translated titles. It was MangaGamer's best selling title for years and is probably still the most expensive title they've ever translated. So this is definitely a high quality title. It has one very long story route where you can choose to get into a closer relationship with several heroines. So it's more of a custom route instead of multiple routes, even if it does have several different endings.

35 minutes ago, Haruhiko said:

I haven't played Da Capo 1 though. Is it possible to play the second one without the first one?

Da Capo 2 is almost a 'remake' of Da Capo 1. It's very similar, just that pretty much everything is better: writing, art, characters. I've seen people being disappointed with Da Capo 2 because it was too similar to Da Capo 1, so this would be one rare case where I'd suggest to just skip the first part. The connections between both are very loose anyway. If you like DC2 you can still play the first one afterwards. I did the same and it wasn't a problem. But it would be a real pity if you'd skip DC2 just because you've played DC1 first and didn't like it.

3 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Koihime Musou is one of the longest translated titles. It was MangaGamer's best selling title for years and is probably still the most expensive title they've ever translated. So this is definitely a high quality title.

It has one very long story route where you can choose to get into a closer relationship with several heroines. So it's more of a custom route instead of multiple routes, even if it does have several different endings.

Da Capo 2 is almost a 'remake' of Da Capo 1. It's very similar, just that pretty much everything is better: writing, art, characters. I've seen people being disappointed with Da Capo 2 because it was too similar to Da Capo 1, so this would be one rare case where I'd suggest to just skip the first part. The connections between both are very loose anyway. If you like the DC2 you can still play the first one afterwards. I did the same and it wasn't a problem. But it would be a real pity if you'd skip DC2 just because you've played DC1 first and didn't like it.

I see, thank you! I will look into both of them.

Sakura Iro Quartet

Otomimi Infinity

Komorebi no Nostalgica

Draculius

Ore no Tsure wa Hitodenashi

Suzunone Seven

Tiny Dungeon series (really, any of Rosebleu's fantasy-comedy VNs)

World Election

Tayutama

Amairo Islenauts

Lunaris Filia

Mamono Musume series by Vanadis

Toppara

Meguri Megureba Meguru Toki

12 hours ago, BookwormOtaku said:

One more that might fit your bill is Period.

Thanks! Wow, the art looks really strange. I will check it out though. :P

1 hour ago, Clephas said:

Sakura Iro Quartet

Otomimi Infinity

Komorebi no Nostalgica

Draculius

Ore no Tsure wa Hitodenashi

Suzunone Seven

Tiny Dungeon series (really, any of Rosebleu's fantasy-comedy VNs)

World Election

Tayutama

Amairo Islenauts

Lunaris Filia

Mamono Musume series by Vanadis

Toppara

Meguri Megureba Meguru Toki

I can't read Japanese, that's why I said it had to be translated into English. (Wish I could though, those all look nice )

Do you have any titles that could fit that are translated? Either way, thanks for the recommendations.