Localisation project.

Translator_A

Project Introduction

This is a project to translate a long VN into English.

Visual Novel information

Staff or Team Members

Progress

Recruitment

Extra relevant information

Extra notes:

That's all, hope I didn't forget anything from this post or break and forum rules.

I don't wat to be that guy but this offer sounds incredibly fishy with just you claiming things without proof. You're asking people to move to a country for work and you give no other information (nevermind the fact most translators don't relocate nowadays since you can just interview people online). Your pay is also incredibly dodgy. Could you at least clarify what company you come from or give some information that proves this is real?

If you don't want to post this information publicly, I'd at least ask that you PM me or one of the staff to clarify the situation.

I get the feeling that this is more of a standing offer for anyone who currently lives in Japan, rather than a request for people to actually move there. Although I see no reason why he shouldn't accept freelancers. As Ryechu said, almost everyone in this industry are freelancers.

That said, a deadline of less than two months for a project like how you're describing is just absurd. I really doubt you'll be able to find anyone with the free time required to meet these deadlines on such short notice. They have to be a skilled translator living in Japan who happens to have pretty much no work already? Yeah... good luck, buddy.

I prefer to think of this as a helpful PSA.

If, at the end of July, you see a previously unannounced TL release of a long VN with H-scenes and at least seven story branches... RUN! And bring your wallet with you! It'll be a tire fire of unbelievable proportions! ;)

This, just like the E2 Gaming debacle, sounds more like typical human incompetence than it does like a scam or trolling of any sort. The OP just delivers a beautiful combination of classic bungled project management (because estimating actually is hard, and especially so when you're estimating something you've never done before) and unprofessionalism (because taking potshots at successful localization companies is not exactly classy) that it's hard to imagine it being an intentionally well-crafted troll.

Also, the requirement for face-to-face work gives it an extra aura of legitimacy... even if it's completely abnormal in this particular niche of the industry, this sounds like an in-house operation at an existing VN development shop, which is probably the sort of place where it's taken as a matter of course that everybody has to be there in person (and, also, work that requires heavy coordination, which translation really should if it's going to be a group effort and it's going to be any good, legitimately does go smoother that way).

I'm a professional translator living in Japan, but I'm not moving from Sendai to Tokyo for this. :P

I doubt you can find a proper translator without a few month prior notice since we're all normally taken.
If this somehow turned out to be a game I have a fondness of I might cut down on sleep to somehow assist you, but those chances are slim.
In any case, I can't say your deadline sounds feasible, unless you get 7 guys like me and Arunaru for each story branch, heh.

I used to work in one of such Japanese translation firms for hire, so I can imagine what kind of a mess your script is in right now.
It's especially unfortunate you're in this situation because you seem to offer relatively reasonable rates.
You can contact me at [email protected] with translation project offers.

Translating a medium length vn, let's say it's around 15-30 hours (average script size is 1.5mb - 1mb) and you have half of it already... there is no way to do a proper translation for 500-750kb in 1 month (or less because 2 weeks are going to be used to contact and hire your translator)

Well maybe someone can (25kb of text per day) but I cannot handle more than let's say 200 lines per day, my brain after that turns off xD and then you have all the editing and checking which takes a lot of time too.

Either way good luck finding someone!