Recommend me some good untranslated short/medium VN

Forte

You might want to add some stuff to your VNDB, so we can check what you have and haven't read. 

Anyways, if you are leaning a bit towards medium, then Kimi e okuru, sora no hana is great. I just finished it this week, and loved it. 

The language used in it is not very difficult. It does get a little bit harder when they talk about ghosts, their origin and the way their powers work, but it's nothing major. 

The routes aren't too long, and the game has just the right balance between humor and drama. Very good read overall, especially if you are looking for a charage / nakige that isn't too long. 

6 hours ago, Dergonu said:

You might want to add some stuff to your VNDB, so we can check what you have and haven't read.

I haven't been able to update many things lately. Also, I almost forgot that I have a VNDB account. I'll update it when I have the time.

went through my special something list & managed to come up with few good, albeit (partly) unique ones.
well, here you go:

kyojin-tachi (it´s a huge mess in more than one way)

norukasoruka

omega no shikai (every fukking single one of them)

hotel ergriffen (quite some nice prose in there)

umi kara kuru mono

edit: tried my best in staying away from the extreme, though some may find the content of theirs still being morally & ethically questionable, depending on ones own upbringing.

edit2: reg. omega no shikai, personally i found them being non suited for one to halt his/her read & decide on continue reading later on, simply because 1)the flow/ atmosphere gets broken 2)they can be slightly confusing, so there´s a risk of one non catching up to their plot .

edit3: you also might want to give zigzag´s titles a try, especially kurai nichiyoubi comes to mind.

11 minutes ago, XReaper said:

went through my special something list & managed to come up with few good, albeit (partly) unique ones.
well, here you go:

kyojin-tachi

norukasoruka

omega no shikai (every fukking single one of them)

hotel ergriffen

umi kara kuru mono

Woah...I've only heard of two of these. Xreaper's got you covered for obscure unique-ish works.

On 2016/5/20 at 0:19 AM, Dergonu said:

Anyways, if you are leaning a bit towards medium, then Kimi e okuru, sora no hana is great. I just finished it this week, and loved it. 

The language used in it is not very difficult. It does get a little bit harder when they talk about ghosts, their origin and the way their powers work, but it's nothing major. 

The routes aren't too long, and the game has just the right balance between humor and drama. Very good read overall, especially if you are looking for a charage / nakige that isn't too long. 

Also the BGM is stellar.

4 minutes ago, Chronopolis said:

Woah...I've only heard of two of these. Xreaper's got you covered for obscure unique-ish works.

Also the BGM is stellar.

well, you´ve been the very one who recommended me try out reading hotel ergriffen. never regretted it once.

Check my beginner's list for relatively easy stuff to play.

Other than that, I recommend Love Revenge, Kono Sekai no Mukou de, and Sakura Nikagetsu for short, relatively easy VNs... Unfortunately, one of the ironies of short VNs is that few of them are good and the ones that are, tend to be... complex.  The latter two are both fairly low-budget games, but are a much deeper experience than Love Revenge.  Love Revenge is one of those rare charage that I consider to be a perfect example of what the genre does best.  If you want to challenge yourself, try Draculius, as its basic language is relatively easy, but it is a bit longer than the three I named before.

Edit: I should note that Island probably isn't a good choice for any beginner, simply because of the frequent pseudo-science terminology and occasional ventures into quantum physics.

Edit2: By the way, this isn't me bashing Island.  I already got that out of my system with my blog post.  I'm just stating simple fact. 

• 3 weeks later...