Grisaia no Yuukan Steam Release

Hayashi

48 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

The last screenshot felt suspect, but the rest seemed passable.

Yeah, the thing is, there's only five, and they're all short simple sentences. They aren't terrible but, eh, I'm not expecting anything amazing based on them. I think it's a shame this won't have more Makina, because they said they're trying to imitate the original's translation. I'd be interested in seeing if they could imitate Makina's style in the original to a decent effect.

My comment? Looks like Frontwing indeed quite ambitious to really get into western market. For the game itself, well maybe I'd already said this several time but I think Kajitsu should be enough, and here apparently Frontwing kind of want to repeat Muv Luv franchise by making side stories (Muv Luv was had much side stories from Alternative). Although I'm not that interested, but I think this game should be good addition for Grisaia fans.

18 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Rumour has it that Frontwing surprised people by doing a good job on this translation. Rumour has it that it's also released. Rumour has it that it's less than 3 bucks, so you might want to pick it up if you're a fan of Grisaia.

I wasn't a big fan of Grisaia so I'll be skipping. 

I used to like Rooke, but then I took a 'I didn't like Grisaia' to the knee >:c

Ty for the rumor though :heart:

18 hours ago, Rooke said:

Rumour has it that Frontwing surprised people by doing a good job on this translation.

Yeah, it was definitely better than what everyone feared for. It's been awhile since I last read anything Grisaia, but the translation is still very obviously an imitation of koestl's style. That said it was good in it's own right, so kudos to Frontwing for managing to actually find themselves decent, English native translators in Japan. 

38 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Good to hear. Maybe Island won't be butchered by koestl 'I must make jokes work in english, so I change whole dialogues' method of translating.

Did he even do this? If you're talking about pun jokes I guarantee you the people who translate for Frontwing would probably do the same.