Latest news! Mangagamer has already end their partnership with winged cloud!

Dark_blade64

3 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

AJTilley is lacking that certain "mojo" that Huniepot had with Huniepop. Dunno what it is, or maybe it's just Audrey, but it's what makes OELVNs so memorable.... in a good way. 

it was the voice acting. The voice acting in huniepop was about as realistic as one could ever expect. Its as if you literally saw these chicks on the street and started talking to them.

14 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

of course, it couldn't possibly be worse now, could it?

You say that and yet his next release could be worse...

6 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I doubt MangaGamer is broken up over this. I imagine events transpired as @KuroganeHomura said.  MangaGamer likely dropped them, not the other way around, and they did so because a little extra site traffic wasn't worth putting up with an uppity doujin circle that never felt the need to implement quality standards since they can sell games on art and name recognition alone.

Maybe not, but it was a still a potentially good source of revenue for MG.

1 minute ago, CeruleanGamer said:

AJTilley is lacking that certain "mojo" that Huniepot had with Huniepop. Dunno what it is, or maybe it's just Audrey, but it's what makes OELVNs so memorable.... in a good way. 

"Mojo" - Talent? Personality? Actual humor? I can go on~ (And I used to hate on Huniepop, lol - times have changed indeed)

10 minutes ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

it was the voice acting. The voice acting in huniepop was about as realistic as one could ever expect. Its as if you literally saw these chicks on the street and started talking to them.

Quality acting and quality dialogue indeed. This should be nominated for the Oscars. 

bFm4D4c.png

" Ultimately it has been agreed that AJTilley.com will be dissolved, all copyrights, game ownerships and developments of the past will follow A.J.Tilley and become a part of Dharker Studio who will then be responsible for their upkeep. "

So basically someone else got ahold of AJTIlley's Pandora's box and just waiting to unleash it to destroy the world? Not sure if that is good news.... 

5 minutes ago, Palas said:

Not "someone else". AJ TIlley himself did. Apparently, AJTilley left AJTIlley.com some time ago and founded Dharker Studio. It's pretty confusing,

Chrono-trigger-but-the-future-refused-to

These are the DHARK ages indeed. I am nervous of what's about to unfold. From what I saw on their kickstarter campaign, they plan to release 4 GAMES at once....

So this must be the FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE that the Bible was talking about. 

42 minutes ago, Palas said:

Not "someone else". AJ TIlley himself did. Apparently, AJTilley left AJTIlley.com some time ago and founded Dharker Studio. It's pretty confusing,

Chrono-trigger-but-the-future-refused-to

So basically he re-branded while making sure he owned all the IP rights to whatever was released under AJTilley.com that he could get.

2 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

" Ultimately it has been agreed that AJTilley.com will be dissolved, all copyrights, game ownerships and developments of the past will follow A.J.Tilley and become a part of Dharker Studio who will then be responsible for their upkeep. "

So basically someone else got ahold of AJTIlley's Pandora's box and just waiting to unleash it to destroy the world? Not sure if that is good news.... 

They also have a kickstarter going and plan on releasing ~6 VNs (and a remastered Beach Bounce) by the end of the year. I wonder how many of those six will actually be good?

1 hour ago, Arcadeotic said:

Sad, but true

I can't find the part supposed to make me feel sad. :makina:

As far as the concerns about MG losing money because of this go, true, it would have been nice if they could work with WC. It's not like this will stop WC from producing new games, either, so if you're happy about this because you want to see WC vanish, that seems unlikely to happen anytime soon. But look at it this way: MG took great pains to improve their TL quality. Remember years back when their releases used to feature rather questionable translations? Makes sense that they'd want to avoid being responsible for publishing VNs featuring original English writing of similar quality as their past infamous releases, doesn't it? So if you want to find something to be happy about here, be happy that the reason this happened is quite likely MG caring too much about the quality of their releases to take the WC money.

4 minutes ago, KuroganeHomura said:

I can't find the part supposed to make me feel sad. :makina:

As far as the concerns about MG losing money because of this go, true, it would have been nice if they could work with WC. It's not like this will stop WC from producing new games, either, so if you're happy about this because you want to see WC vanish, that seems unlikely to happen anytime soon. But look at it this way: MG took great pains to improve their TL quality. Remember years back when their releases used to feature rather questionable translations? Makes sense that they'd want to avoid being responsible for publishing VNs featuring original English writing of similar quality as their past infamous releases, doesn't it? So if you want to find something to be happy about here, be happy that the reason this happened is quite likely MG caring too much about the quality of their releases to take the WC money.

I was talking about writing in eroges, not about MG TLs nor WC

8 minutes ago, KuroganeHomura said:

The two paragraphs are unrelated. Maybe I should've put the second paragraph first...

Ah, my apologies, I see it now

On another note, I do agree with most of your points

I do remember when MG's TL's were rather below average, and it would be great if MG would get extra revenue from WC and such to improve their localizations even more, but of course things always don't go the way one would want.

43 minutes ago, Silver95280 said:

They also have a kickstarter going and plan on releasing ~6 VNs (and a remastered Beach Bounce) by the end of the year. I wonder how many of those six will actually be good?

can someone tell me why that project got so much funding? No references to news articles, no prior KS projects, like 3 images on the entire page when it began.

I really am curious what it was.

I'm not surprised. The head of Winged Cloud has a reputation for being an asshole who treats people badly, it's to be expected that he's having trouble getting along with Publishers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/2aa3s9/sakura_spirit_and_developer_winged_cloud/cit391y

Oh, and BTW, AJ Tilley has run about 24 kickstarters over the course of his career. That's an absurd number, and haters of Sekai Project should keep that number in mind the next time they feel the urge to poke fun. He's run them under AJ Tilley, Face2Palm, KiritoKun, and now Dharker Studios (or however you spell it.)

Tilley also doesn't have a nice rep btw, for other reasons than Winged Cloud though.