Beastmaster and Prince -Flower and Snow- Otomege Kickstarter Launched

WinterfuryZX

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/688648305/beastmaster-and-prince-flower-and-snow

We have a new company trying to kickstart the localization of this otomege.

The kickstarter seems to be badly handled, the tiers are subpar, the base goal is way too high, no prefundia, and they're apparently unresponsive. 

No matter how successful of an otomege company Gloczus is, basically sub-par everything and ridiculous asking amount.

150,000 is way too much for an otomege, if Libra asked for 125k, and it was just a regular VN, and Narcissu even less, being 75k

And unresponsivity to boot.

If Root Double almost flopped, it isn't looking good for this title.

Hope they clean their act soon enough, as it does look interesting enough. 

What's with their "ships to" list though?

*Ships to:
UnitedStates, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Chile, France, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, South Korea, Mexico, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Poland, Romania, Philippines, Singapore,  Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Hong Kong

:komari: 

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

What's with their "ships to" list though?

*Ships to:
UnitedStates, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Chile, France, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, South Korea, Mexico, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Peru, Poland, Romania, Philippines, Singapore,  Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Hong Kong

:komari: 

No eastern european and scandinavian countries, lel.

I'm actually a bit interested in that one since it's from Otomate. They have amongst the best male character designs I know, especially in Hakuoki which I always wanted to read since I liked the two anime seasons. Unfortunately it didn't get a PC version despite having been translated to English.

I don't think I'll back this one, but if it makes it on Steam I might give it a try. I'd definitely back and buy Hakuoki if they would bring it to Steam though.

I'd be also interested to see PersonA ~Opera Za no Kaijin~ and Sanzen Sekai Yuugi ~MultiUniverse Myself~ translated, but they are both adult VN's so a Steam release would be more difficult.

2 minutes ago, kingdomcome said:

Though it seems some of you males are interested? What's the appeal to you guys?

Ehh, I guess the same reason why I read shoujo manga too? Romance in games/manga made for girls feels better for me. Some might be more interested in the story though.

Spoiler

Oh and cute girls still exist in otome games too :Kappa:  

3 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Ehh, I guess the same reason why I read shoujo manga too? Romance in games/manga made for girls feels better for me. Some might be more interested in the story though.

Hide contents

Oh and cute girls still exist in otome games too :Kappa:  

Oh yeah! Good point regarding the Shoujo manga...  Maybe you're right. I might be convinced to try one in the future.

Just now, kingdomcome said:

Well the price/reward ratio is much better than some VN Kickstarters (looking at you Sekai). I have no idea how an Otome VN can be successful at that price..

Though it seems some of you males are interested? What's the appeal to you guys?

Since I don't play VN's because of looks, I'm fine with dating a bunch of bishounen. 

Basically, I find the girls' thoughts cute, and guys in love somewhat charming, too.

49 minutes ago, kingdomcome said:

First, some otomes have really interesting classic scenario's. Otomate in particular is almost specialized in medieval Japanese stories like Hakuoki. And I really like medieval knight & samurai stories. PersonA has Phantom of the Opera as a theme and that's my favorite musical by a long mile. And Sanzen Sekai Yuugi is almost modern spy movie style.

Secondly, they put much greater emphasis in male characters, and I'm so sick of the idiot friend type. It's actually very refreshing to have a coversation with a male character who acts like an intelligent being and doesn't shout the whole time as I'd be deaf. Maybe that doesn't apply to all otomege's, but at least the guys in Hakuoki are some real kickass dudes.

Thirdly, it's still a boy-girl scenario just with reversed roles, which is kind of interesting.

Fourthly, they still have some gorgeous protagonist girls which are even always visible on screen like Tomoe Nakahara from Sanzen Sekai Yuugi:

tumblr_inline_n8q3coB5bM1qhgkdd.png

And all the H-scenes are with her... *drool*

@ChaosRaven: Sanzen Sekai Yuuji is one of the handful of otome games done right. Tomoe isn't a dumb idiot like most otome female protagonists, doesn't put herself in damsel-in-distress situation, and actually independent. Rest of the otome games out there in the market are just hot-guy trap while making the heroine weak and helpless to make the guys look dashing and admirable.... 

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

@ChaosRaven: Sanzen Sekai Yuuji is one of the handful of otome games done right. Tomoe isn't a dumb idiot like most otome female protagonists, doesn't put herself in damsel-in-distress situation, and actually independent. Rest of the otome games out there in the market are just hot-guy trap while making the heroine weak and helpless to make the guys look dashing and admirable.... 

Didn't really play that much otome's yet - my experiences are more from shoujo animes. But I don't really expect a girl to go Action Jackson like a guy so I find that still a lot easier to bear than a male hetare protagonist. Girls still have other charm points to offer... :)

29 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Didn't really play that much otome's yet - my experiences are more from shoujo animes. But I don't really expect a girl to go Action Jackson like a guy so I find that still a lot easier to bear than a male hetare protagonist. Girls still have other charm points to offer... :)

I consider otome games almost as cancerous as moeges imo. They have almost the same bland plots as high school romances. Most of the otome games have this common trope: Ordinary, nothing-special girl is surrounded with 4-5 guys that are more talented, intelligent, and stronger than her. Gives the illusion that there are these "knights in shining armor" that will take care of you (if you put yourself in the shoes of the female protagonist). 

Dont even get me started on my rage... well actually I think you guys should know... with otome games piling up on mobile devices/portable game devices and having this annoying pay2win crap that limits your enjoyment by making you pay for spending a day with the guys or actually making routes unavailable unless you purchase them (separate transaction from the game itself). 

8 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

They have almost the same bland plots as high school romances. Most of the otome games have this common trope: Ordinary, nothing-special girl is surrounded with 4-5 guys that are more talented, intelligent, and stronger than her. Gives the illusion that there are these "knights in shining armor" that will take care of you (if you put yourself in the shoes of the female protagonist). 

Sound awesome :kosame: 

I seriously want to see this succeed. With that said, I feel they made a pretty big misstep by not launching out of the gate with at least a couple $300+ tiers. Sure, most people will never even take a look at those, but it's a great way to quickly get larger sums of money from a small subset of the community. 

What I found silly is some higher tiered rewards DON'T have a steam code key while some lower ones do.

Like the $90 pledge for example.... Like are those badges really worth more than the actual game? I personally don't give a fuck about them if the game isn't even included... I did a badge campaign for breast cancer awareness before and I manage to get 1,000 badges made for $30....

The digital version of the game should be introduced on a $30-$40 pledge and stay FOR ALL THE HIGHER PLEDGES. Don't fucking remove it.