A VN like G Senjou no Maou

VaroOP

Well tbh ever since I read Grisaia no Kajitsu ( which was my first VN) I thought there wouldn't ever be a better VN than that but I was wrong. I read some other VN and realized just like anime there are VNs of various genres which cant be compared due to the difference in their genres. Well after reading G Senjou no Maou I have taken a liking to mystery and witty conversations. Also I have loved the romance genre for a long time making G Senjou the perfect VN for me. So I was wondering if you guys can recommend a VN with :
1) Smart MC.
2) Romance.
3) People die. It shouldn't be a VN which is like a fairy tale. I loved the dark atmosphere and realism that G senjo no maou had.

Well tbh ever since I read Grisaia no Kajitsu ( which was my first VN) I thought there wouldn't ever be a better VN than that but I was wrong. I read some other VN and realized just like anime there are VNs of various genres which cant be compared due to the difference in their genres. Well after reading G Senjou no Maou I have taken a liking to mystery and witty conversations. Also I have loved the romance genre for a long time making G Senjou the perfect VN for me. So I was wondering if you guys can recommend a VN with :
1) Smart MC.
2) Romance.
3) People die. It shouldn't be a VN which is like a fairy tale. I loved the dark atmosphere and realism that G senjo no maou had.

You can try the murder mystery detective Cartagra + Kara no Shoujo + Kara no Shoujo: The Second Episode.

The MCs are detectives, there's romance, and people die ^_^

1) Smart MC.
2) Romance.

You can try the murder mystery detective Cartagra + Kara no Shoujo + Kara no Shoujo: The Second Episode.

The MCs are detectives, there's romance, and people die ^_^

Kara no Shoujo it is. When I read the name I was thinking that I have read it somewhere before and I realized that I have watched a hentai with the same name before. I literally was watching that hentai for the plot by the end. Looks like I will be able to read the full thing and know the whole story about how his fiance dies and stuff. Thanks a lot!!

*evil laughter*

It's strongly advised to start with Cartagra, some of the characters in it will return in KnS & KnS2 so it will be nice to have the familiarity ^_^

How strongly do you advise it ? Is it like Taoru Majutsu no Index and Railgun ? Where the plot isnt connected but the characters are the same?

The plots aren't directly connected, but some important events happen to the characters of Cartagra in KnS1, and a major religious organization from Cartagra returns in KnS2. Just read Cartagra first, it's not very long and it's good in its own right.

edit: The MC in Cartagra isn't as smart as the KnS one, but there's romance AND lots of people die, as well as a fairly interesting mystery story. It's good, just read it.

The plots aren't directly connected, but some important events happen to the characters of Cartagra in KnS1, and a major religious organization from Cartagra returns in KnS2. Just read Cartagra first, it's not very long and it's good in its own right.

edit: The MC in Cartagra isn't as smart as the KnS one, but there's romance AND lots of people die, as well as a fairly interesting mystery story. It's good, just read it.

The thing is I am already done downloading the voiced and uncensored version of Kara no Shoujo. But since I am quite the perfectionist when it comes to anime,manga and VNs,I will first read Cartagra. I can't possibly ignore the advice of experienced VN readers like you.

Edited by VaroOP
Made a spelling error

Yeeeah Decay and Eclipsed know their stuff :sachi: Then comes me ... the noob. :yumiko: *sigh*

Anyways, I think you'll like Eden*

It has a great story, romance, people die (what a strange requirement), and the MC is quite smart, though not quite like G-Senjou no maou and KnS. Its not really crime solving, its more millitary themed.

Grab the mosiac + edition for 4 ero scenarios, (the main game has great romance but not H-Content, but the mosiac edition has added H-scenes.)

Yeeeah Decay and Eclipsed know their stuff :sachi: Then comes me ... the noob. :yumiko: *sigh*

Anyways, I think you'll like Eden*

It has a great story, romance, people die (what a strange requirement), and the MC is quite smart, though not quite like G-Senjou no maou and KnS. Its not really crime solving, its more millitary themed.

Grab the mosiac + edition for 4 ero scenarios, (the main game has great romance but not H-Content, but the mosiac edition has added H-scenes.)

Haha I mentioned people die to just put the fact out that I don't want VNs like Majikoi where the atmosphere is light. 

Well this may not fit your description, I think you should try Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. It's made by the same makers of G-senjou and it's not that light hearted(it's not as extreme as KnS2 or any game like that).

However it has still the same feeling that G-senjou has, you have action, comedy, kind of mystery.

I'll try Sharin no Kuni. Many people have been recommending that to me.

Never read eden*, was a complete waste of time. Imbecile protag, no story at all, only FEEELIIINGS.70% of time story does not move forward at all, repetitive and boring. So boring that main game have no interest at all, only thing which piqued my interest was a recap of old event..

Better read 999 - not dumb protag, huge mystery, lot of people die. Quite witty. There is a demo available - http://www.aksysgames.com/999/pages/demo but I mean IOS version if you have some iDevice - no puzzles, but all the story is there.

Never read eden*, was a complete waste of time. Imbecile protag, no story at all, only FEEELIIINGS.70% of time story does not move forward at all, repetitive and boring. So boring that main game have no interest at all, only thing which piqued my interest was a recap of old event..

Better read 999 - not dumb protag, huge mystery, lot of people die. Quite witty. There is a demo available - http://www.aksysgames.com/999/pages/demo but I mean IOS version if you have some iDevice - no puzzles, but all the story is there.

999 doesn't have any romance though, does it?

999 doesn't have any romance though, does it?

Sorta have. Junpei loves June, some scenes like reminiscences in the past are just pure romance :) It is not like all-age game do not have any romance without h-scenes. Just game is quite short, so not much scenes.