omg! a new madoka movie?

Justin579

Well I'm glad that shitty ending from the 3rd movie isn't going to be the actual ending, hopefully.

shitty? how? How was that better than madoka basically dying?

"You know everything we've been building up since episode 1? Yeah, fuck all that."

It's just shitty in narrative terms. Whether what happened to Madoka is good or bad is entirely subjective and really isn't what defines the ending as being shitty or not, I was just severely disappointed with the asspull to milk the series.

And of course, I'm disappointed because the movie just ends like that, without continuing, but hopefully this 4th movie makes it all better. I was hopeful there would be a 4th movie, otherwise that  ending would just have been trash, but now it's just a "meh" ending since I know things continue.

Unfortunately, incomplete endings are one of my biggest pet peeves ever. I ultimately don't care how "deconstructive" something is if you don't finish it.

As a tragedy, I much preferred if there was never a 3rd movie, but since there ended up being one (I didn't ask for it at least), I was curious to see how it would work out, and I was starting to feel disappointed with it either way because if they made the whole thing happy in the end, it would have basically ruined the tragedy, but having the entire universe be reconstructed so they can have a new plot to me just screams "yeah we're milking this baby up" instead of "masterful deconstruction of a genre". 

I just think they should have let Madoka stay dead, it was perfectly fine the way it was for me.

I just think that, to end it with such a huge cliffhanger, you're basically begging and baiting people to think it should have continued, and that's sort of where the problem lies for me.

I believe that, even with the whole universe reconstruction thing at the end, it could have ended nicely if there was just something more than a measly couple of minutes, but because there was not, it just didn't feel like the whole movie came together at the end.

And I'll also note here that Homura's obsessive relationship with Madoka is honestly my favorite aspect of the series, so having Madoka end up in a world where Homura is basically the devil is sort of a treat for me, because it just feels more dystopian, and I like that, but the way the movie handled that fate (i.e half assedly) just didn't give it any substance.

You can argue that feeling of emptiness is part of the journey, but I honestly don't feel that way at all.

I'll deconstruct your asses

Will I become a crossgenre masterpiece like Sword Art Online after?

I recall someone saying that the 3rd movie would get a TV series to continue the story, and that was why the movie ended with a cliffhanger. However, that was a LONG time ago, and I can't say for sure.

AND OH GOSH MORE MADOKA NEED, it is the ONLY anime I've watched more than once [on third time right now], so I'm pretty excited by this news

Tfw most of the money goes to Aniplex and not Shaft

The core creative team is still the same so I think the result should be interesting no matter what, but I'm not sure how much since between the series and Rebellion, 'Madoka' as a work of fiction has already pretty much exhausted its themes.

The core creative team is still the same so I think the result should be interesting no matter what, but I'm not sure how much since between the series and Rebellion, 'Madoka' as a work of fiction has already pretty much exhausted its themes.

I'm assuming the madoka staff meetings basically go:

"Director-san, the fans really like this cute girls suffering stuff, what shall we do?"
"Just make it d4rker and 3dgier, and don't forget lesbians, fans love lesbians"
"But sir, won't that ruin the story?"
"Shhhh. D4rk and 3dgy and lesbians"

maxresdefault.jpg

Well if this isn't the most scissor-tastic, pussy locking, twisting sister, bumping doughnut, red rubbing, clit-clatting, twiztid scissor, pocket docket, smelly time, mashing cookie, churning butter, muff buffing, grinding bean, boiling egg, ginger smacking, cracker barreling, sticky sliding, cat nipping, touching taco, clam jousting, cardio snuggling, and bumping fur act of rock, paper, vagina I have ever seen.

Sex.

maxresdefault.jpg

Well if this isn't the most scissor-tastic, pussy locking, twisting sister, bumping doughnut, red rubbing, clit-clatting, twiztid scissor, pocket docket, smelly time, mashing cookie, churning butter, muff buffing, grinding bean, boiling egg, ginger smacking, cracker barreling, sticky sliding, cat nipping, touching taco, clam jousting, cardio snuggling, and bumping fur act of rock, paper, vagina I have ever seen.

Sex.

I didn't even get half of those. smelly time? boiling egg?

maxresdefault.jpg

Sex.

Can only imagine, use boiling egg? Cookie?

Za hype iz real. I personally really enjoyed the movie quite a lot, and for those who seem to complain endlessly about it's ending: What about the entire movie as a whole? Are you basically saying that a cliffhanger ending can ruin an entire movie regardless of how good the other 2 hours were? The ending did leave me rather annoyed too, but the entire journey was totally worth it. The animation, music, and character interactions throughout the whole movie are what made it a great experience for me, and I can't wait to see more of that in whatever there is to come

maxresdefault.jpg

Sex.

I think I came just reading your description of the Yuri train. 

• 2 weeks later...