Musumaker Translation Project (Mikan, Karin, Ichigo, Suika, Zakuro, Yuzu routes complete!)

RaurosFalls

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that the dialog isnt displaying correctly if there's voicing (Not all the time though, Look to prologue and first encounter with Zankuro. wait for a voice clip, and then check log). Using whatever the latest patch is, I think? lol. 

Edit: Nvm I think I accidentally Turned on "Dramatic mode"... turning it off seems to have resolved the issue.

Edited by jasonmbrown

So the Hikari route isn't translated yet right? Also, I heard that that route is locked until the 3 mains are completed. Is it possible to reload a previous save once that's done?

I'm just planning my roadmap for later.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:57 PM, Hiashi said:

So the Hikari route isn't translated yet right? Also, I heard that that route is locked until the 3 mains are completed. Is it possible to reload a previous save once that's done?

I'm just planning my roadmap for later.

There shouldn't be a reason that applying an updated patch would break your save game. It's possible that the format of the lines would change later though, so to be safe you should save on the schedule screen.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a quick search in the thread, haven't found anyone mentioning this but: Is there a technical reason why most of the UI Icons are dirty?

I looked through the original game archives and it seemed that they all retain transparency normally.

Dirty pngs bother me to no end, so I couldn't help but clean them myself.

mtqR6Jy.pngKbDMyyr.png

And I've edited quite a few others. If there's no way to restore the transparencies on your end, with your original working documents that is,

I could just help slowly edit each one of them back. Let me know.

Tbh I do not see much of a difference between the 2 pictures. Perhaps the one on the left is a bit darker, but neither has a transparent icon.

Edit: Oh I see. The left one has a whitish area cropped around the border. Yeah, I never noticed that.

If you'd like to provide the cleaned images, I could replace them.

Edited by RaurosFalls

53 minutes ago, RaurosFalls said:

Tbh I do not see much of a difference between the 2 pictures. Perhaps the one on the left is a bit darker, but neither has a transparent icon.

Really? You can't see the white parts/dirty edit around the first image?  

Here's perhaps a better example:

oWUhsDZ.pngvdir253.png

0LwGNaR.pngY7ZWsDk.png

Mayby this doesn't bother you, but I never could stand little things like this :P 

Edited by Philly

58 minutes ago, RaurosFalls said:

Edit: Oh I see. The left one has a whitish area cropped around the border. Yeah, I never noticed that.

If you'd like to provide the cleaned images, I could replace them.

Sounds good, but seeing there are dozens of these, might take me a few days to finish. But I'll keep you posted.

By any chance does anyone know how to edit the save files for the HD version? They are a weird .tskfce file I have never run into before. I was hoping to do a bit of cheating money wise but no idea how to open those to edit them.

Edit: Never mind, I dug through the files and found out I can use the money cheat from the original. For anyone wondering the file you need to edit is in: 

main game install folder/ MusumakerHD/ Eng/ Scripts/

Open the Main.txt file and search for

debug = 0

if debug=1 then money_set 300000000,0

Then change the debug = 0 to debug = 2

and add in the following line: if debug=2 then money_set 999999999,0

Your finished edit should look like this:

debug = 2

if debug=1 then money_set 300000000,0 #デバッグ用

if debug=2 then money_set 999999999,0

This is a useful cheat if you have played the game already and just want to rush a specific ending, such as the pain the in ass to get harem ending. Note that you will have to start a new game for this cheat to take effect, you will know when you get to 1/14 and can set the schedule for the first time.

Edited by Alistoru

Ok, so just finished editing all of the UI elements provided in the patch. Below are a comprehensive list of notes about some of the changes/improvements I made.

First of all, like I mentioned before, almost all of the PNGs were exported with dirty transparencies. So what I did was simply layering back in the orignal PNGs, clip the translated ones, and finally restore the original said transparencies. Below are some examples:

Spoiler

Before:

eDj87qn.png

After:

Nr8f0Xf.png

Second, many of the translated exports have a lower bit-depth than the orignal. Although no visible differnces were observed in game, I've restored the original specs just in case/for future-proofing:

Spoiler

Ac9pPcH.png

Third, in the particular case of \Eng\p\item\icon_ichigo(karin, or mikan).png, the engine seems to struggle with their transparencies, resulting in tiny black spots around the image in game. Still, I've chosen to stick with what the original files were like, and retained their transparencies. Just know that if wanting to resolve it, you'd simply have to make the edges opaque, and the black spots would go away:

Spoiler

l5deGCT.png

Fourth, certain text knockout and layering seemed to be poorly done, so I remade them, albeit with a slightly different font, as seen below:

Spoiler

Zudqjlo.pngbDFZ06X.png        cXUiIai.pngjMb6G0R.png   5h7BAa7.pngfr5AqpG.png

Fifth, any minor blemishes (poor maskings and slight displacements) I could find were also fixed: 

Spoiler

ZpPPSOE.png   9v1Mq2C.png

Lastly, here's the files for download: MEGA

Within the provided archive, there also are all the working documents of the images that I've touched (folder: PSDs), orginized by respective file paths in their naming, in case you need to further edit, or simply for reference.

Let me know if I've made any possible mess-ups.

Hopefully, I was able to help at least a bit. Good luck on finishing the translation! 

So I have run into a bug. All of the text shows up weird after loading any game save. The name shows up like this > Mikan,A01634

The text is still in English, but smooshed a bit with hearts in-between words, and the different colored text and text bubbles are now just white text on a black bubble for all characters.

Edit: just tested with all saves and is now happening with all of them.

Edited by Alistoru

@Alistoru

Usually, the name being "Mikan,A01634" indicates the game is not being run in Japanese locale. If that's not the problem, then I don't know...

@Philly

Okay, this looks great! I will implement these images and apply them to the patch when I get a chance (probably tomorrow).

Also, for everyone, sorry but I have been slacking. I will have to get to starting Hikari's route at some point.

Edited by RaurosFalls

On 7/8/2019 at 8:46 PM, Alistoru said:

By any chance does anyone know how to edit the save files for the HD version? They are a weird .tskfce file I have never run into before. I was hoping to do a bit of cheating money wise but no idea how to open those to edit them.

Edit: Never mind, I dug through the files and found out I can use the money cheat from the original. For anyone wondering the file you need to edit is in: 

main game install folder/ MusumakerHD/ Eng/ Scripts/

Open the Main.txt file and search for

debug = 0

if debug=1 then money_set 300000000,0

Then change the debug = 0 to debug = 2

and add in the following line: if debug=2 then money_set 999999999,0

Your finished edit should look like this:

debug = 2

if debug=1 then money_set 300000000,0 #デバッグ用

if debug=2 then money_set 999999999,0

This is a useful cheat if you have played the game already and just want to rush a specific ending, such as the pain the in ass to get harem ending. Note that you will have to start a new game for this cheat to take effect, you will know when you get to 1/14 and can set the schedule for the first time.

Not sure what I am doing wrong but this doesnt work for me at all. I am on my 3rd playthrough now so this would be immensely helpful. Heres what I have, maybe it differs from yours?

AHdkmun.png

On 7/13/2019 at 11:08 PM, RaurosFalls said:

@Alistoru

Usually, the name being "Mikan,A01634" indicates the game is not being run in Japanese locale. If that's not the problem, then I don't know...

@Philly

Okay, this looks great! I will implement these images and apply them to the patch when I get a chance (probably tomorrow).

Also, for everyone, sorry but I have been slacking. I will have to get to starting Hikari's route at some point.

/selfslap

Of course! That is H-Games 101. I forgot that when I reinstalled windows this last time I didn't set it to Japanese again! Thanks RauroFalls.

On 7/14/2019 at 5:26 PM, Gronk said:

Not sure what I am doing wrong but this doesnt work for me at all. I am on my 3rd playthrough now so this would be immensely helpful. Heres what I have, maybe it differs from yours?

AHdkmun.png

Here is what mine looks like:

debug        =    2

if debug=1 then money_set    300000000,0    #デバッグ用
if debug=2 then money_set    999999999,0

Also note that this cheat can ONLY be used by starting a new game, no previous save will load it. You won't notice it till you get to make the first schedule with Mikan. and yes I know that means fast forwarding through a lot of dialog to check. I don't know if the spaces matter or not I am not a programmer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys

First of all thanks for translating the game. better late than never i suppose.

Anyway, i have been messing around with some tools that may be useful in removing mosaics in the future. It's still pretty rough and makes some "school scare film" material on occasion. The problem is have been unable to find a tool that can repack the game files in this format so I cant see if they display correctly in game. GARbro has no problem extracting images and scripts but it cannot repack (to my understanding) Do you know of any tools that are able to do this? or could you at least point me in the right direction?

Not sure what the posting rules are on this board because I'm new here but I can post some of the results if you are interested. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...