Musumaker Translation Project (Mikan, Karin, Ichigo, Suika, Zakuro, Yuzu routes complete!)

RaurosFalls

On 4/19/2019 at 5:23 PM, Specs said:

Any updates?

Good news. I was able to get a hold of Tymmur and he says he will be able to make the patch once I am done with the translating and editing.

I am almost done Ichigo's route. It turned out there were way more lines to do than I thought. Once I am done that (in a few days), I will edit everything that has not been edited yet. That will take another week or two. Then tymmur will take over and make the patch, which hopefully would not be too long.

Having an editor would be nice. It would save time now and in the future if I didn't need to do it.

Edited by RaurosFalls

On 4/23/2019 at 6:42 PM, RaurosFalls said:

Good news. I was able to get a hold of Tymmur and he says he will be able to make the patch once I am done with the translating and editing.

I am almost done Ichigo's route. It turned out there were way more lines to do than I thought. Once I am done that (in a few days), I will edit everything that has not been edited yet. That will take another week or two. Then tymmur will take over and make the patch, which hopefully would not be too long.

Having an editor would be nice. It would save time now and in the future if I didn't need to do it.

Sweet! I look forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, thefox101 said:

'just a couple more weeks'

almost a month later nothing...got my hopes up too.

Its a FanTL.. be patient.. also the TLs are not obliged to anyone for them to release on time..delays are expected in this line of work.. Sit back and do something else.. they will eventually release it once they finish working on it..

1 hour ago, Wildbreed said:

Its a FanTL.. be patient.. also the TLs are not obliged to anyone for them to release on time..delays are expected in this line of work.. Sit back and do something else.. they will eventually release it once they finish working on it..

Agreed, Please be patient, and be happy it's going to be finished at all, so many TL's die out before completion, and a lot of work went into this one from those involved. Tymmur actually created tools from scratch to help things along and worked with artists for de-censoring, and the translation, editing. and testing also no doubt took a great deal of personal time from all.

22 hours ago, Wildbreed said:

i also agree with this, the people putting this together have no obligation to do so. so even if it is not released when they first think, its better to be glad it is still even being made and  grateful to the creators for putting the time in to make it.

Yeah, it usually takes far longer than my initial estimate to do this. As an update, I finished editing it about a week ago and e-mailed Tymmur that it's ready for the patch to be made, but he hasn't replied. I may need help from someone to put this patch together. I actually know how to make most of it myself, but there's a couple nitpicky problems that I won't know how to resolve unless I get some help.

Edited by RaurosFalls

6 hours ago, RaurosFalls said:

Yeah, it usually takes far longer than my initial estimate to do this. As an update, I finished editing it about a week ago and e-mailed Tymmur that it's ready for the patch to be made, but he hasn't replied. I may need help from someone to put this patch together. I actually know how to make most of it myself, but there's a couple nitpicky problems that I won't know how to resolve unless I get some help.

I'm of the opinion that since he responded to your initial probing a month ago then he will respond this time as well, he's done too much work to let it all go to waste like that and he knows it. But on the off chance that he does not, and because I too do not want to see all this work go to waste, and without knowing anything at all about what kind of help you would need (it's just that I'm a programmer and a nitpicker so I may be able to offer something), and on the condition that I won't have to see/read any significant amount of translated lines a.k.a. spoilers in an out-of-game context (that's why I never offered to help with the editing part, sorry XD), I'd be willing to help. But I still think that Tymmur will eventually respond, so let's give it some more time first (judging by your previous posts' posting date it took him almost a month to respond initially, so a single week is not that long, right?).

Actually, there's only 1 problem that I need help with. If that could be fixed, I would be able to make the patch myself from the tools that are available (probably). 

Not saying I want to, though. That shouldn't really be my job.

Edited by RaurosFalls

Alright, then while waiting for Tymmur we could maybe save some time in the meantime by hearing some details about what exactly it is you're having trouble/need help with. At this point we (inkyp has also offered their help) don't even know if we can be of any real help, so that would be very useful. Btw, did you manage to gain access to the decensored images and/or Tymmur's tools when you guys talked last month? I hope you did, because if not then waiting for him to reappear becomes all the more important :/

Thanks, but I've got someone working on this for me now. I'll let you know if I need help. To be specific, the problem is that Tymmur introduced a bug in his installation script that causes the nametag for narration to show ???, instead of being blank.

Other than that, I do have access to the decensored images (it's only 1 scene actually) and the nametag images that are translated to English. I probably know enough how to use Tymmur's tools to prepare that myself if need be.

Well thank you, I appreciate it, but it's not actually close to completion. This will be an incomplete patch. We're currently sitting at 56% of text translated. Also, since we don't have any editing/TLC check other than me, and there are things that I don't know how to translate sometimes.

That said, this game is pretty huge and the jump to 56% from the last patch (15%) is enough to translate a boat-load of content and routes. I'd say since half of the game is H-scenes, and I've been focusing on routes so far, the next patch after this one will be mostly just H-scenes lol.

Edited by RaurosFalls

On 5/30/2019 at 2:12 PM, RaurosFalls said:

Well thank you, I appreciate it, but it's not actually close to completion. This will be an incomplete patch. We're currently sitting at 56% of text translated. Also, since we don't have any editing/TLC check other than me, and there are things that I don't know how to translate sometimes.

That said, this game is pretty huge and the jump to 56% from the last patch (15%) is enough to translate a boat-load of content and routes. I'd say since half of the game is H-scenes, and I've been focusing on routes so far, the next patch after this one will be mostly just H-scenes lol.

At least we get the routes that are translated so far, that will be a nice bit to chew on till the rest is translated. I actually played all of the English content in the original version of the game and that %15 from the patch was actually a decent amount of content, so %56 is a lot indeed.

5 hours ago, Alistoru said:

At least we get the routes that are translated so far, that will be a nice bit to chew on till the rest is translated. I actually played all of the English content in the original version of the game and that %15 from the patch was actually a decent amount of content, so %56 is a lot indeed.

Not to mention that releasing the patch, even in this partial but mostly playable state, will probably serve to attract more people to this project, both newcomers and also people that have given up on it throughout all these years due to the perceived inactivity (I know I'm one). On the whole this means more potential editors, translators, and even programmers and artists to assist Rauros. I think the biggest mistake was to "hide" the patch development behind closed curtains, and even worse, to keep it that way even when it should have been apparent last year that the team was beginning to drift away. In these kinds of projects that are run on a volunteer basis and where team size, availability and resources change all the time, often the best way to go about it is "release often, release early". I can't not mention that excepting these ~5000+ lines from Ichigo's route and of course the whole editing part, the current state of the patch is mostly the same as last year, which means it could even have been released back then and it would have still been almost as playable, which is a shame :(

Of course, the above is not meant as a disparagement of Rauros's, Tymmur's and the other team-members' hard work; it's just the ramblings of a dev-minded guy killing time until Rauros releases his patch :)

I'm kind of stuck with the patch now actually. I can't figure out how to inject the images into the game. Tymmur's program should be able to do it automatically but when I run it, it doesn't do anything :(

The guy that was helping me has gone silent too. Is there anyone who is good with modding games or wants to take a shot at figuring out Tymmur's image injection scheme in his program?

18 hours ago, RaurosFalls said:

I'm kind of stuck with the patch now actually. I can't figure out how to inject the images into the game. Tymmur's program should be able to do it automatically but when I run it, it doesn't do anything :(

The guy that was helping me has gone silent too. Is there anyone who is good with modding games or wants to take a shot at figuring out Tymmur's image injection scheme in his program?

I mod games from time to time so i could give it a try at least if you want. Of course i can't promise results, but i could see what i can do.

• RaurosFalls changed the title to Musumaker Translation Project (Mikan, Karin, Ichigo, Suika, Zakuro, Yuzu routes complete!)

Alright, first of all congrats for your first playable release!

Now, some technical stuff: I use Linux as my OS, and running the game there I immediately noticed that the text is breaking up to the next line in the middle of a word instead of wrapping on the last whole word like it seems it's supposed to be doing. Also, loading a saved game results in a system error box about the current string and the game becomes unresponsive. Suspecting it's something to do with the platform, I fired up normal Windows and to be sure, it's working like a charm. This probably means that something with the way the patch handles strings is very Windows-specific and is breaking things (because running the game without the patch is absolutely fine), and if I had to take a wild guess I'd say the culprit is in the way the end of a line is detected, or something along these lines. I don't have screenshots right now, but it looks something like this:

In the script:

"A 92? Last time you were so proud of yourself when you a got 98.
It went down didn’t it..."

On Windows:

"A 92? Last time you were so proud of yourself when you a
got 98. It went down didn’t it... "

On Linux:

"A 92? Last time you were so proud of yourself when you a go
t 98.
It went down didn’t it..." 

I realize this would be pretty low on the to-do list, if at all, but if there's no one else I'd like to take it up myself and investigate the issue at some point in the future.

Edited by Bokun