The Menagerie Review Discussion

solidbatman

2015-10-18_00-05-01-1024x282.jpg

Lizards, dicks, vaginas, oh my! I took on a strange, almost interesting fetish VN. The Menagerie, the most recent VN from Lupiesoft (The Demon Reject Toko) tells of a sex slave, Rao-Ji, and her sudden growth as a character into something that almost resembles character development. 

Give the review a read here

Edited by solidbatman

For a game that's supposedly fetishistic, all the sex scenes were pretty mild with nothing new or interesting going on outside of the characters not being human.
And no, just having a futanari character doesn't make it any more interesting if you don't make any non-typical use out of said character.

This game falls squarely in the "We only want cute girls in our game but we need to have dicks in it somehow" category. This is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to the futa genre.
There's nothing new or unique going on here. You could replace the protag with a guy basically.

I had some hopes for this being a good quality monster girl sex game, but those hopes sorta went down the drain :(

For a game that's supposedly fetishistic, all the sex scenes were pretty mild with nothing new or interesting going on outside of the characters not being human.
And no, just having a futanari character doesn't make it any more interesting if you don't make any non-typical use out of said character.

This game falls squarely in the "We only want cute girls in our game but we need to have dicks in it somehow" category. This is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to the futa genre.
There's nothing new or unique going on here. You could replace the protag with a guy basically.

I had some hopes for this being a good quality monster girl sex game, but those hopes sorta went down the drain :(

My thoughts exactly. And most scenes felt so random or forced, to me. The game didn't feel to well put together. As it has been said, they got some great raw material, and then realized they didn't know how to be unique with it. Even the screenshots looked like it would be at least a bit kinky, but...

I was actually planning to check it out, but at the same time Batmannn only assured me in belief the game isn't really worth it. I still remember it being mostly advertised as monster girl vn with an unique setting, which is a shame; I've seen way too many works with promising settings, which were later on completely neglected. As far as I remember, Menagerie was meant as a part of larger series, but Lupiesoft suffers from the same disease every other amateur/indie dev - inability to focus and dedicate to a single project at time. Considering how much of a flop it became, I doubt we'll ever see another installment.

I was actually planning to check it out, but at the same time Batmannn only assured me in belief the game isn't really worth it. I still remember it being mostly advertised as monster girl vn with an unique setting, which is a shame; I've seen way too many works with promising settings, which were later on completely neglected. As far as I remember, Menagerie was meant as a part of larger series, but Lupiesoft suffers from the same disease every other amateur/indie dev - inability to focus and dedicate to a single project at time. Considering how much of a flop it became, I doubt we'll ever see another installment.

Well Dizzy Hearts was kickstarted successfully. While that doesn't promise anything, its a good sign.