Destroy my Poor Heart (VN Rec.)

LinovaA

As the title suggests, I am looking for something that will just completely and utterly destroy me emotionally. Like, I want to lose count of the number of times I have cried before I reach the halfway point (not really, but that would be pretty cool if there was something that would do that :P )

Anyway, for more specifics, a noteworthy soundtrack definitely helps. I am a bit of an OST junkie, so a strong soundtrack is definitely more than desirable, especially when it comes to a VN that is supposed to make you cry.

While I have read Clephas' Catharsis recommendation thread, I still can't decide what to pick. Plus, I would like to see what people specifically recommend in regards to this request. ^^

Did somebody say PYAAA!?~

Anyway, in terms of the VNs themselves, Hapymaher is the only one on that list I recognize, and while I haven't read it myself (Don't know Japanese) Apparently it's well-liked.  You've already gone through most of the immediately available ideas I would have had, but out of what you might have not read Inganock and Sharnoth could work as well.

Aside from that, my super-duper recommendation instinct seems to have jumped right to Fallout 3.  It's not a VN in any way, shape or form but I feel it could perhaps be in the right direction tone-wise.  It's entirely possible I'm off the mark with this but there's something fitting in there at the very least.  A change of pace might not be too bad every once in a while.

Aside from that, my super-duper recommendation instinct seems to have jumped right to Fallout 3.  It's not a VN in any way, shape or form but I feel it could perhaps be in the right direction tone-wise.  It's entirely possible I'm off the mark with this but there's something fitting in there at the very least.  A change of pace might not be too bad every once in a while.

I don't know about that, people seem to be on a Fallout fever recently.... I can only wonder why, but Fallout 3 is hardly something that will make you weep. There are messed up things sure, but that is kinda expected when the tone is set up early on. Emotional destroyers I find come from something unexpected happening, a sudden car crash or illness. When you live in a world filled to the brim with things that want to kill you, it's hard not to become jaded.

Anyways I recomend Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji from Clephas' list. It's a pretty short read, I doubt it will replace your favorite visual novel, and I doubt that you will cry your eyes out, but I found there were several parts that tugged on my heart strings here and there.

It's a non-conventional story, a set of 5 seperate stories which kind of connect thematically with the theme of the "Silver Thread". It's the most utsuge ever. I really reccomend the first story, as it's got some poetic and artistic style to it as well as being very memorable. You could read just the first story and be fine with that. It's also easier than some of the later chapters to read, because it's a relatively minimal story.

Re-recc'ing Gin'iro for maximum utsuge. It's a quite different from a nakige emotional rollercoaster (more like gradual development with utsu looming around everywhere), but yeah.

One Way Heroics (If you're looking for a cute rogue-like to play. The story's really short but the princesses' ending was very moving imo)

I'd probably pick something from the catharsis list. Futekikakusha was the only thing I've played that felt like that what you're talking about.