What are you playing?

Playing Muv Luv. I'm on Extra, on my first route: Meiya's. Well, I actually think I'm still on the common route...? This game has a lot of cliches, but if I take into account when it was written, it might not be that bad...? Parts of the system are cool, too. I'm having fun commenting on my save files and I enjoy that every character has a different colour. There's no real one-right-click menu in full-screen, and space bar hides the text bar instead of advancing, but it's pretty cool otherwise~ Waiting for it to get epic in Unlimited -> Alternative, though. Giant robots!~ I'll patiently play the bare minimum until then.

Yeah they do that in Period as well. Must have been a case where the art came after the script writing and not strictly following it. Artists doing whatever they want :)

In Period's defense, the overall setting is very European in style. Unless if they strictly mentioned that Period's setting was in Japan, you would never be able to tell it wasn't. Not only do the characters display Aryan features, but the architecture and visual setting heavily resembled a European setting. 

On Topic: Currently playing Symphonic Rain. I'm not too far in yet, but I love the music and like the unique setting. I love European settings, and the art style is quite nice. The writing is also very fluid. I'm just waiting for the story to start picking up a bit.

I'm in the middle of playing Snow Sakura and I have a few more heroine routes to go.

I didn't really have high hopes for this VN but I got to say it really is a good story that focuses on friendship.

Although it's not a great VN like Hoshizora no Memoria it still serves it's purpose.

I also find it hilarious when everyone uses Sumiyoshi as a punching bag, it makes me laugh everytime. :lol:

After two months of off and on reading, I have finally finished Steins;Gate! Was a great read, with many great twists! And not really a complaint but I found that I could predict what was going to happen in quite a few places with pretty good accuracy, but even that didn't take away from the story.

Now that I'm done with that, I plan on starting Chaos;Head. For anyone who has read both, how does Chaos;Head compare to Steins;Gate?

After two months of off and on reading, I have finally finished Steins;Gate! Was a great read, with many great twists! And not really a complaint but I found that I could predict what was going to happen in quite a few places with pretty good accuracy, but even that didn't take away from the story.

Now that I'm done with that, I plan on starting Chaos;Head. For anyone who has read both, how does Chaos;Head compare to Steins;Gate?

Chaos;Head wasn't very good in my opinion, it starts off pretty interesting but goes downhill later on. And the stories aren't at all related except for a couple of very subtle references to C;H in S;G.

Chaos;Head wasn't very good in my opinion, it starts off pretty interesting but goes downhill later on. And the stories aren't at all related except for a couple of very subtle references to C;H in S;G.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably still read it, if only just to check and see how it is myself. Are there very many routes to it?

At the moment i' m playing rewrite (kotori route), but it is more difficult to create a relationship with the characters as in LB! or hoshimemo... let's see if lucia route can change that.

Just don't go into Rewrite expecting a typical KEY story. Rewrite is much broader in scope and thus more of a story game than a character game - especially in the final route.

I've read both, and I really liked Chaos;Head, though for completely different reasons than why I liked Steins;Gate.

They aren't really all that similar. C;H focuses much more on psychological horror and mystery, until it takes a (rather disappointing) turn for something I wouldn't be afraid calling fantasy, even though they do attempt to explain it all away with science.

While I definitely didn't like the second half of the game as much as I liked the first, there are some really cool (if really far-fetched) concepts that definitely made it enjoyable for me. The art is nice, and so is the soundtrack - and oh god that atmosphere in the first half of the VN, amazing. :)

But yeah, read it only if you don't mind crazy things. Steins;Gate definitely held back much more in this regard.

But not to go off-topic, I've made it into the fourth arc in Cross+Channel, and I've actually started to really like the VN. Sure, there still are those annoying h-scenes, and it is plain as day what they are there for, but at least they kind of feel into the whole story (considering the characters) - though that's not really an excuse for them being so long and numerous. :D

Other than that, read a bit of Amane's route in Meikyuu. Laughed a lot at what I could understand, but then I rather stopped because it wasn't that much. :lol:

In hoshimemo, I personally justified You seeming infinitely dense when it comes to Asuho by him not wanting to cheat on the girl from the lookout. I honestly think there are enough hints to consider this very plausible. It's not as obvious as Chris makes it in symphonic rain, but still.