What are you playing?

If you have a 3DS or 2DS I recommend the Zero Escape games, starting with 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (it's a DS game) followed by Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. The latter is available on Vita, but you really shouldn't miss 999.

This. 999 is the "spiritual sequel" to the infinity series (Never7/Ever17/Remember11, all recommended, though Never7 is the worst of 'em), but made more "accessible" to the general public (that is, less moe stuff, no slice of life, and faster pacing, among other things)

Other recommendations? Muv Luv Alternative is the obvious one (though you need to play Muv Luv first), YU-NO (seriously, it's good), Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou are pretty good, too. I'm actually playing Tears to Tiara now, but I'm only 3 hours in, so it's kinda early to say if it's good or not.

I don't have a 3DS or a 2DS -- never had a need for them ( until recently ).

I haven't played Muv Luv or Alternative yet -- they're on the list, but I'm dreading it a little. I don't really mind romcom's, but lately I've had a hard time finishing them when there isn't any kind of "rising action" -- like Shuffle!, for example. I used to LOVE it, but now I can't stand it.

YU-NO...uh....I've tried. I can give it another shot, and we'll see how it goes.

Also: I just found out that World End Economica 02 might not get an english release? Feel very bleh about that. I really, really like Spice and Wolf, but it demoralizes me to think I might have to wait so long for 02.

I have Saya no Uta, but I haven't played that either, yet.

I don't have a 3DS or a 2DS -- never had a need for them ( until recently ).

I haven't played Muv Luv or Alternative yet -- they're on the list, but I'm dreading it a little. I don't really mind romcom's, but lately I've had a hard time finishing them when there isn't any kind of "rising action" -- like Shuffle!, for example. I used to LOVE it, but now I can't stand it.

YU-NO...uh....I've tried. I can give it another shot, and we'll see how it goes.

Also: I just found out that World End Economica 02 might not get an english release? Feel very bleh about that. I really, really like Spice and Wolf, but it demoralizes me to think I might have to wait so long for 02.

I have Saya no Uta, but I haven't played that either, yet.

Imo, try Ever 17 or 999 (use an emulator... it's just a DS) first. YU-NO is pretty long, you know...

Been playing Maki's route for Tsujidou-san no Junai Road now. The backstory reveals on Hiroshi's end have been interesting, plus Maki's been a pretty funny character so far; first time I've seen a conversation between characters entirely in emoticons...and apparently you can have a phone conversation in emoticons too without even texting :huh:

Currently reading Akatsuki no Goei ~Tsumibukaki Shuumatsuron~. Reading on my laptop for a change. The novel itself is good, Completed one route so far. From what I can guess there is likely quite many routes. I am prbly going to complete all the routes on this one.

Compared to the "prequel" game in the series this one is better. People have told me that beforehand so it's not that suprising though.

Recently, I've finished Dunamis15 and Disorder6. Loved Disorder6, definitely my favourite VN last year - having a heroine with multiple personality disorder makes things both scary and hilarious at the same time, plus it was like having several characters in one. Loved it. Dunamis15 was pretty good as well, though the resolution of the story left a lot to be desired.

As for right now, just started reading Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, after I randomly stumbled across the anime. Seeing Hayase and Suzumiya in there was one of the most bizzare and awesome mindfucks I've ever experienced - I had absolutely no idea that some of the characters in Muv Luv: Alternative actually came from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, so I found the other way around. It was like some sort of reverse-cameo... what an experience! :D Got so excited that I couldn't even finish the first episode and went for the VN instead-- the new re-release, Latest Edition.

As for right now, just started reading Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, after I randomly stumbled across the anime. Seeing Hayase and Suzumiya in there was one of the most bizzare and awesome mindfucks I've ever experienced - I had absolutely no idea that some of the characters in Muv Luv: Alternative actually came from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, so I found the other way around. It was like some sort of reverse-cameo... what an experience! :D Got so excited that I couldn't even finish the first episode and went for the VN instead-- the new re-release, Latest Edition.

Âge likes to play around with their characters, as all their stories supposedly take place more or less around the same location.

Other Muv-luv characters like Izumi come from Kimi ga Ita Kisatsu, their first VN. I think you can also see Yuuko and Marimo at some point in this one.

Just finished Cross Channel.

Not to sure what I think of it. 

Definitely was very good, but I felt it could have been a lot better.

Mimi and Touka's route are just 100% boring.

The two characters are more interesting in the last weeks because we can see a bit more psycologic aspect of both characters (which is the guide line of the VN : psycology).

But they weren't given enough depth. None of the characters have. I understand that the characters weren't made to be understood, they all expect maybe for tomoki, and mentally instable, but the accent wasn't made enough on that. That's maybe comething I would have like to see more in Cross Channel.
How the characters are really different.

Otherwise really good game.

Just finished Cross Channel.

Not to sure what I think of it. 

Definitely was very good, but I felt it could have been a lot better.

Mimi and Touka's route are just 100% boring.

The two characters are more interesting in the last weeks because we can see a bit more psycologic aspect of both characters (which is the guide line of the VN : psycology).

But they weren't given enough depth. None of the characters have. I understand that the characters weren't made to be understood, they all expect maybe for tomoki, and mentally instable, but the accent wasn't made enough on that. That's maybe comething I would have like to see more in Cross Channel.

How the characters are really different.

Otherwise really good game.

Hmm, it's been a while since I read it but:

As I saw it, you will after a while understand each of the characters were broken or messed up in one way. As shown by their adaptation exam score. You get to know each characther more closely and see why they their score is high. Some refuse to trust other people, other have no empathy etc. (each in a rather extreme way)

Imo all thier actions made perfect sense compared to their individual problems. There is prbly some deviations because of personality and archtypes though.

Hmm, it's been a while since I read it but:

As I saw it, you will after a while understand each of the characters were broken or messed up in one way. As shown by their adaptation exam score. You get to know each characther more closely and see why they their score is high. Some refuse to trust other people, other have no empathy etc. (each in a rather extreme way)

Imo all thier actions made perfect sense compared to their individual problems. There is prbly some deviations because of personality and archtypes though.

They did make perfect sense.

I would have just liked the story to go further into these problems

And the ending ... never ends. That's the only bad point.

It's goes on forever, it was so long ... You sent them back ok cool.

But don't talk for 30 minutes ! I mean you can say all of this in 10, even 15 ... but 30 minutes, and then you think it's over but no ! and the the credit 'finally over' BUT NO !

^^ The end just killed me

They did make perfect sense.

I would have just liked the story to go further into these problems

And the ending ... never ends. That's the only bad point.

It's goes on forever, it was so long ... You sent them back ok cool.

But don't talk for 30 minutes ! I mean you can say all of this in 10, even 15 ... but 30 minutes, and then you think it's over but no ! and the the credit 'finally over' BUT NO !

^^ The end just killed me

Oh right, so we got the same opinion on that .

I do agree it would be nice if they went further into the problems. I felt it was kinda lacking as well when I think about it. Though that might be somewhat hard. I think the novel had a perfect length. That aside.

Yeah the ending was bombshock, I still have some reminiscencent feeling of it.

A masterpiece of a novel if you look aside its few flaws.

I had a urge to play some 07th expansion stuff so picked up Umineko where I had left it, that is at chapter three. And figured I might as well launch the japanese version to get some training. The advantage being that I can check the extracted english scripts when I encounter a difficult line.

Expecting some awesomeness out of it. I didn't really like the anime but I probably took it with the wrong approach.

I have an urge to strangle Chinami to death for being annoying

It does the same thing to everyone. It'll get better after a while (well, rather you'll get used to it) I think...

I had a urge to play some 07th expansion stuff so picked up Umineko where I had left it, that is at chapter three. And figured I might as well launch the japanese version to get some training. The advantage being that I can check the extracted english scripts when I encounter a difficult line.

Expecting some awesomeness out of it. I didn't really like the anime but I probably took it with the wrong approach.

It does the same thing to everyone. It'll get better after a while (well, rather you'll get used to it) I think...

I haven't seen it but the anime is generally considered to be terrible compared to the VN.

And not everyone, I didn't mind it too much from the very start. :P

Ahh.. i'm not a fan of chinami but i'll probably get used to it :D

i found the beggining of Chinami funny and alright, but her route :\...i guess she was my least favourite..Anyway hope you enjoy it.

i had the same feeling at the beginning of the story. it was pretty funny when chinami started annoying her brother. at first it was a "haha got to love that" than to a (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Currently trying to play Phenomeno

The description looks great. Got to try it for myself.

I'm playing Suikogaiden vol.2 and Toradora portable. Although I'm playing it at slug pace since I'm away from home and the low-spec laptop that I have in apartment can't handle most of the gaming stuff so...

Itchin to try Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru soon as well.

Last night I finished Ran's route for Osadai. A good route overall, was even surprised that near the end I actually almost cared about Remi; too bad that subplot was too short. Started Putina's route though the slow start and melodrama is pretty off putting, here's hoping this route turns out as good as people raved about.

Today I just finished Maki's route for Tsujidou-san no Junai Road and I can say I enjoyed it though I will admit the constant foreshadowing did get annoying as the route went on. I am glad the reveal they made at the end was used nice and simple (kinda cute too ^_^ ) plus it has me curious if it'll come up in the after story in the fandisk.