QC Hopeful

Lolrider

Yo, my name is Lolrider (as you can see above) and I want to use this space here to, mostly, plug myself to any fan translation groups that are in need of QC, Proofreading, Editing, etc.  I don't have any formal experience doing this kind of stuff but, I am confident in my mastery of the English language, if you want to call it that.  I can't rightfully say I'd be any good, but I'd like the opportunity to try it out, in any case.

I'm a college graduate that only works part time at the moment, so I will have lots and lots of free time for the foreseeable future.  Also, I plan to use this opportunity to really see if this is something that I'd be okay with doing for real American dollars, and if that turns out to be the case I want to gather editing samples so that I can be hired in the first place, etc. etc.  What that means is that I am committed to doing the job as effectively and as quickly and accurately as possible, because this could have very real ramifications on my future.  No pressure.  At the very least, I will finish whatever job I started, barring any real life problems, or things of that nature.

Other than that, English is definitely my first language (and only fluent one at the moment) and I've been a big fan of VN's for a good portion of my life, at this point, so regardless of whether I can get an actual job or not, any opportunity to help spread this medium and make it more successful is one that I would gladly accept.

Unfortunately, fan translations are far and few between, and this is an inelegant solution to my problem.  But!  I plan on doing something similar to other forums and websites.  So hopefully I'll get a hit for one of them.

Either way, thanks for reading this, guys,

Lolrider 

Unfortunately, fan translations are far and few between, and this is an inelegant solution to my problem.  But!  I plan on doing something similar to other forums and websites.  So hopefully I'll get a hit for one of them.

I doubt you'll have any trouble finding a project that's looking for volunteers.  The issue you might run into is whether the other members are as committed as you purport to be, and whether they can be relied upon to perform their role effectively.  It won't matter how good of an editing job you do if the translation you're handed isn't any good.

I doubt you'll have any trouble finding a project that's looking for volunteers.  The issue you might run into is whether the other members are as committed as you purport to be, and whether they can be relied upon to perform their role effectively.  It won't matter how good of an editing job you do if the translation you're handed isn't any good.

Fair enough.  I guess I should say that good translators are far and few between.  Many VN projects have stalled or been dropped entirely, usually due to the translator getting bored or getting a different job.  So, finding a translation project that has both a committed translator(s) and needs more help is the issue, to be more specific.

Welcome, welcome. Now go aid Skyspear in their translations of the Majikoi games if they need volunteers

Anyways, hope you like it here :sachi:

I'm waiting with baited breath for those, personally.  They're all full, according to the project lead, but I've put my name in the hat for the future.