Attack on Titan the movie

Deep Blue

hey your right, Nosebleed! i forgot about them mentioning it that day. its not that surprising, considering i read every news story on everything ever.  <_< 

its just annoying when people adapt something and just change a lot of it to tell their story not the original creators story. its like true tears the anime. had absolutely nothing to do with the visual novel yet its still considered based off of it somehow.

if they want to leave stuff out so its not 18 hours long, thats fine. if they cant make it set in europe with german actors, thats understandable. but adding stuff? seriously a bow and a rocket launcher? who would ever take a bow with them in battle against the titans? changing the pacing i get, i dont have an issue with that. im just sick of people adapting stuff seemingly as an excuse to tell their story.

Not gonna lie the special effects look awful.

This isn't hollywood, I'd say it's fairly decent for what it is, especially good when compared to some other live actions airing now like the Ansatsu Kyoushitsu live action movie, Korosensei looks ridiculous in that one, even Ryuk from the Death Note live action looked better and that was years ago.

People give live action movies way too few opportunities, this movie could quite possibly be one of the better live action movies to come out in a while and I think people should try it out instead of comparing it to either the anime or a hollywood film.

It doesn't look half bad. What's good about it is that it reaches a wider audience. My parents are big moviegoers, so I can definitely see them watching this. If I show them the anime, though... Well, they aren't into anime as much as I am. 

In any case, as long as the story remains "somewhat" intact, I would definitely give it a watch.

if they want to leave stuff out so its not 18 hours long, thats fine. if they cant make it set in europe with german actors, thats understandable. but adding stuff? seriously a bow and a rocket launcher? who would ever take a bow with them in battle against the titans? changing the pacing i get, i dont have an issue with that. im just sick of people adapting stuff seemingly as an excuse to tell their story.

I love when there are changes to the story, I simply can't understand when people get pissed that a adaption is exactly like the source material. If you want aot exactly as you remember it, just watch anime again.  

why stop there? why not change characters sexes, back stories, skin color, motivations, their relationships, etc etc. comic movies its understandable why they have to change a lot, although changing peoples races is just stupid, because every comic character has like 20 different origin stories. here it makes no sense. i just want to see one live action movie that doesnt make me immediately think "They're just doing it for the money". where it seems everyone involved in the movie making actually cared as much as the fans do.

why stop there? why not change characters sexes, back stories, skin color, motivations, their relationships, etc etc. comic movies its understandable why they have to change a lot, although changing peoples races is just stupid, because every comic character has like 20 different origin stories. here it makes no sense. i just want to see one live action movie that doesnt make me immediately think "They're just doing it for the money". where it seems everyone involved in the movie making actually cared as much as the fans do.

i havent been open minded about any movie adaptation in a loooong time. i remember when it first started. i was a wee lad of only 7 years old. i had just finished watching Batman and Robin, with my ma and pa, and si, and br. we had gone in, wide eyed and filled with hope. it was raining sprinkles that day, and the tooth fairy paid me a visit that morning with a nice shinny silver dollar. we took our seats and waited for the trailers that build up hype for the movies that were gonna come out that year or the next. we sat in the theater for the whole movie until it was over. i turned to my mommy and daddy and said "Boy, that was shit wasn't it?" as the years followed i found myself becoming more jaded and cynical. when my friends collected pokemon cards i only saw it as pointless. because the next year they would only come out with 50 new pokemon.

as i said im just cynical. maybe it stems from the same kind of cynicism i had for AoT before i watched it. i remember not long before AoT, people were going crazy over Sword Art Online, and when it was over they were really disappointed. i never watched it when it was airing because i like to binge watch shows. i thought it would be the same with AoT. i didnt want to waste time on something that might hugely disappoint or leave a bad taste in my mouth. but was very surprised on how invested i was in the characters, the settings, the lore, everything. i was also surprised on how low it was on the violence. btw im comparing it to the violence on elfen lied and mirai nikki.

i might watch the aot movie really far in the future, but until then, CYNICISM ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

i havent been open minded about any movie adaptation in a loooong time. i remember when it first started. i was a wee lad of only 7 years old. i had just finished watching Batman and Robin, with my ma and pa, and si, and br. we had gone in, wide eyed and filled with hope. it was raining sprinkles that day, and the tooth fairy paid me a visit that morning with a nice shinny silver dollar. we took our seats and waited for the trailers that build up hype for the movies that were gonna come out that year or the next. we sat in the theater for the whole movie until it was over. i turned to my mommy and daddy and said "Boy, that was shit wasn't it?" as the years followed i found myself becoming more jaded and cynical. when my friends collected pokemon cards i only saw it as pointless. because the next year they would only come out with 50 new pokemon.

I suppose Batman and Robin would do that to a person.

Well, I don't know about you but I don't consider Batman & Robin to be worthy of being called a movie.

I guess you were just very unfortunate there.

And hey I'm not saying this movie can't suck or anything, it absolutely can, just like anything else, but bashing it before it airs is a bit unfair when there's nothing inherently wrong with it yet appart from having an original setting.

People are upset about Attack on Titan selling out? Now? Here let me introduce you to the reality of the Attack on Titan situation in Japan

(yes this is an official, licensed commercial that ran on TVs in Japan for a while)

Does doing this mean they'll be able to make more anime in the future? Yes? Then take my money I don't care. If creators in Japan didn't sell out to anyone who will take their stuff we wouldn't have an anime market to enjoy in the first place.

Personally I enjoy things that aren't exact replicas of the stories they are based on. If you want the original story read the original work. Actually if you're going to make the manga, anime and movie all the exact same story why exactly do I need to experience the exact same thing three times in a row? I much prefer it when they show different takes on the story using different media, so you actually get something new and original each time.

I personally think it looks epic. I would love to see a Hollywood adaptation as well. And I am glad to hear they are not following the official storyline. I was reading the manga, but stopped in the later chapters when it lost the action and got into the

politics and torture

Never got to the anime though.