2D Sexual Preferences Question

OriginalRen

I find it a bit curious that you created a topic titled "Being a lolicon & oppai" lover, write a post focusing entirely on sexual preferences, openly declare you like 2D body types all across the spectrum...then suggest your favorite lolis you obsess over are not sexually attractive.  Furthermore, the surrounding word usage seems to undermine this statement.  It's almost like the statement was thrown in there as a proactive defense against anticipated backlash.

Admitting to being a lolicon is sort of like admitting to being homosexual.  Sometimes people won't admit their preferences, even to themselves.

It's meant to say that I like both types based on the title of the thread, but reiterate the fact that I am not sexually attracted to lolis themselves in anyway, shape, or form. However, as I stated Hibiki and Ro-500 are a huge exception.

Also, I don't think it's fair to call me a lolicon because I am attracted to 2 characters who happen to be lolis. Being a lolicon is an overarching style choice when it comes to physical attraction, whereas a couple of girls with small bodies is not. In other words, it's like saying you are an otaku because you've watched 1 or 2 anime.

I will openly admit that I find lolis cute, and there are some lolis I find to be awesome characters. For example, I love Ro-500 and Hibiki from Kancolle. In fact, I love all the submarines (except I-8) from the series. I own those figures the most, and that's partly due to how awesome they are. I have a whole folder of images dedicated to these characters, and that says a lot:

xA2Dsmn.jpg

NI5ykjf.png

Still, that does not mean I am sexually attracted to them, and that is something I want to make clear. To expand on this, let's look at the other side of things.

It's meant to say that I like both types based on the title of the thread, but reiterate the fact that I am not sexually attracted to lolis themselves in anyway, shape, or form. However, as I stated Hibiki and Ro-500 are a huge exception.

I'll provisionally accept this clarification.  But do note the original explanation used the vague pronoun "them".  It was not clear at all what you meant.  I'm not so much calling you a lolicon as suggesting you showed some indicators that you weren't being honest, which is fairly common among lolicons.

Your clarification of course introduces other potential inconsistencies.  Are you sure you're the broad-minded "equal opportunity lover" that you claim to be if you actively discriminate against lolis sexually?  Two exceptions don't upturn the rule, to turn your own words back at you.

I should also point out that lolicon has many definitions, but is typically interpreted to refer to a sexual interest in characters that are "child-like".  That might mean their bodies, their personalities, or both--but especially the body type.

Do note that I'm not trying to pick on you necessarily.  But when you make a topic about yourself, then naturally disagreements will end up being about you and not just your ideas.

You seriously appear at the most random times.

Lol, I've noticed that as well. It's like Astro lurks in the shadows waiting for the next opportunity to make a trollish comment. A professional hit and run, except with forum comments. I mean that in the best possible way. <3 

Sorry for the interruption, I don't have anything more to say for now. 

It's mostly personality for me, as I don't particularly care for bust size.

For example:  I like Kud from Little Busters, but I prefer Haruka and Kanata.  I like Komomo from Hoshizora no Memoria, but I prefer Mare.  I like Kimi and Tomo from Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, but I dislike Vert from Neptunia.

So I am a lolicon, but I must be some sort of conditional one. I'm not attracted to lolis because of their body types alone but because of the contrast between their personality and the personality a small frame might suggest. Hence, I'll always lean towards the innocent-demeanor-with-horrible-secrets-and-twisted-personality type. This goes both ways though, as I'm equally attracted to the conscious-and-shy-about-her-voluptuous-body type. So yeah, the frame alone says nothing to me. You could say I like both extremes, but only when they are together in some way. Does that make me an in-between?

Two words: Elfen Lied.

My 2D tastes are basically my 3D tastes, and that is any woman 18+, really. I tend to lean towards kyonyuu and nee-san types, y'know, older women, but I'm fine with ones more my age as well or pettanko josei. I don't care for lolis, though.

I'll provisionally accept this clarification.  But do note the original explanation used the vague pronoun "them".  It was not clear at all what you meant.  I'm not so much calling you a lolicon as suggesting you showed some indicators that you weren't being honest, which is fairly common among lolicons.

Your clarification of course introduces other potential inconsistencies.  Are you sure you're the broad-minded "equal opportunity lover" that you claim to be if you actively discriminate against lolis sexually?  Two exceptions don't upturn the rule, to turn your own words back at you.

I should also point out that lolicon has many definitions, but is typically interpreted to refer to a sexual interest in characters that are "child-like".  That might mean their bodies, their personalities, or both--but especially the body type.

Do note that I'm not trying to pick on you necessarily.  But when you make a topic about yourself, then naturally disagreements will end up being about you and not just your ideas.

I think in the end you are thinking too far into it. I am trying to say that I don't feel it's fair to have my friends call me a lolicon if I like a few characters who happen to be lolis. I said "them" to refer to lolis as a whole, while noting that there are some exceptions in how I think. I am calling myself open minded because I like characters based on my mood.

Also note that if I was trying to deny the fact that I consider myself a lolicon, I would not be openly expressing my sexual interests in this thread. I am not ashamed to admit what I like, so please don't get the wrong idea.

Interesting, some people have really analyzed themselves a lot on this.

I never really did that or felt like doing that.

(Maybe I'll make a list and let you people figure it out?)

For me it's just, I meet the right (2D) girl and I get hit by the thunderbolt ^_^

Only one thing, I'm pretty sure I don't go for the extremes.

I'm all about balance in everything, I expect that applies to girls too

I suppose I would have to go with "loli" over bigger breasted characters. Just because I've always preferred smaller, petite women. For instance, Benio from Comyu (And Mayuki, to an extent), and i'm also pretty fond of Shimakaze from Kancolle and Kotori from IMHHW, oh and Aisaka Taiga, she's probably my favorite female in all of anime/manga/VN's. Not sure if preferring girls with a more petite body type would make me a lolicon, but oh well. I've never really been all for huge breasts, whether it be in 2D or 3D. With the exception for some characters like Kagome, from Comyu. So I guess I can swing both ways, just as long as the breasts aren't able to suffocate me from across the room. I might as well not that the age play a big part in it as well, i'm 18, so if they are like that much younger I won't be sexually attracted to them, no matter the body type. And I prefer them to have a more mature personality as well. Picky? Maybe.

Interesting, some people have really analyzed themselves a lot on this.

I never really did that or felt like doing that.

(Maybe I'll make a list and let you people figure it out?)

For me it's just, I meet the right (2D) girl and I get hit by the thunderbolt ^_^

Only one thing, I'm pretty sure I don't go for the extremes.

I'm all about balance in everything, I expect that applies to girls too

As far as 2D goes I'm only attracted to flat A&B cups. C is like borderline 50-50%. Anything bigger than that is actually a turn-off for me. (Don't ask me why it just happened to be that way...)

Body types don't really matter to me (loli or not)

I have similar preferences in 2D as this ^  soo I guess my preference would be somewhere in the middle range and towards the loli spectrum. I think C is okay, I just don't like huge breasts that seem unnatural and exaggerated on a character (that's a definite turn-off). Proportional/natural is best!  Small chested girls can be just as cute to me (it's an empathy thing..lol).

--I do think super loli characters kind of weird me out though (looking like a young child)... It almost makes me feel as awkward as if I were to get excited from rape scenes. Just a, "oh, I feel dirty and wrong" guilty feeling.  So that's probably why I'm not really into loli characters unless they seem adult-ish in some way.  I know it's fantasy, but can't help feeling that way sometimes.

My 3D preferences are probably similar to my 2D  :makina: . I think almost all anime girls look cute/pretty in general though.. so it's their personality that wins it in the end for me^^.  If their personality sucks, they tend to be forgettable even if they look super amazing.

Well... this was an interesting read!

I've never actually thought about this, but I guess my interests would lie in the characters who are in the middle. Middle of the extremities, I mean, both physically and mentally. You know those side characters in games and anime who aren't heroines, and so don't get ridiculous body shapes and character to make them stick out? Yeah, I probably prefer those girls (even though a lot of them are forgettable if not portrayed properly). They're more legit. Of course, heroines can be in the "middle", too, but there's always something to make them stand out from the rest, and in a lot of cases, this "something" is a little OTT. I'm just digressing now...

I like average. Average is good, but nothing is bad. I don't really hate any "type" of character. No discim. Nope.

I must say first that personality is critical to what I find attractive, as couple of opposing examples I will use Lolis and tsunderes. As a rule i don’t find Lolis at all attractive but the right personality can change that quite a bit, examples being Tabitha from Zero No Tsukaima, Yuki from Haruhi, and Miyu from Fate Ilya, if those three had routes in a VN I would read them, though I don't know if the first two even qualify as Lolis or just as short. on the other hand if the most physically attractive character in a VN was a modern tsundere I would probably not read her route. with that understood this will be an examination of the purely physical. since clothes make the woman( a saying that even as a male I find more than vaguely offensive) we will start with the most appealing kinds of clothes. In general I find baggy and or rumpled clothes to be quite appealing and extra long sleeves are almost always a plus. on the proper sort of person it's almost impossible to beat a white sundress. while short skirts certainly have their points I have found that on people with darker or silver hair a long one can actually be more attractive. there are also some sweaters and hoodies that can be amazingly attractive. as my avatar should suggest I also strongly approve of yukata on the right people. I must also admit that I have something of a weakness for the only a Y shirt look. as for physical appearance in many ways I am not to untypical, I am a fan of big breasts and long hair. There are of course exceptions some people just look better with short hair and others some even look better with smaller breasts (and there are some breasts that are just to big). in terms of hair color I generally find darker or silver to be more attractive. in terms of eyes i find that almost all eyes can be attractive but there is a special place in my heart for blue ones, red ones and hetero-chromatic ones. long limbs in general are attractive with long fingers being particularly so. most of the rest of what I find physically attractive has do do with how the person holds themselves and looks out at the world and since that has a lot with personality I think I will end it here. I will say that I found this topic interesting as I had not spent much time thinking about what I found attractive about certain characters and it made me feel somewhat better about myself to realize how much of what I found attractive came back to personality.

I have similar preferences in 2D as this ^  soo I guess my preference would be somewhere in the middle range and towards the loli spectrum. I think C is okay, I just don't like huge breasts that seem unnatural and exaggerated on a character (that's a definite turn-off). Proportional/natural is best!  Small chested girls can be just as cute to me (it's an empathy thing..lol).

--I do think super loli characters kind of weird me out though (looking like a young child)... It almost makes me feel as awkward as if I were to get excited from rape scenes. Just a, "oh, I feel dirty and wrong" guilty feeling.  So that's probably why I'm not really into loli characters unless they seem adult-ish in some way.  I know it's fantasy, but can't help feeling that way sometimes.

My 3D preferences are probably similar to my 2D  :makina: . I think almost all anime girls look cute/pretty in general though.. so it's their personality that wins it in the end for me^^.  If their personality sucks, they tend to be forgettable even if they look super amazing.

A lot of us said the personalities are more important than the body. So I guess it is just normal the figure may stretch the normal boundaries of preferences we got. Doesn't matter if it is a loli or a big breasted girl apparently. 

But it is good to see a lot of similar thought process from a lot of us.

A lot of us said the personalities are more important than the body. So I guess it is just normal the figure may stretch the normal boundaries of preferences we got. Doesn't matter if it is a loli or a big breasted girl apparently.

But it is good to see a lot of similar thought process from a lot of us.

That being said, having the stuff we like most physically becomes a treat. It's like the chocolate ice cream you have sitting in the freezer. You want to stuff your face in its creamy goodness (the body), but you know that the healthy food is sitting in the fridge (the personality).

Still, that ice cream is so fucking delicious. Om nom nom.

Boobs are just a fake ass! Ass is the best.

Looking back on my top10 favorite anime/game characters... I really was attracted to them all mostly due to personality.  It'd be the first thing I'd mention if I were to describe them and why I like them.  If characters act Introverted in their mannerisms, that usually perks my interest since I can relate to them and that instantly creates that initial connection/attraction. Another personality trait I like is kindness/helpfulness. Then comes their appearance. I tend to like a more tomboyish or formal wear on them (collared shirts, tie, hoodie, etc), and dark features (black hair, etc). I don't think I've ever really had a favorite female character just based on how beautiful/cute they looked alone though, or consciously judged their bust/butt size before taking interest (unless, like I said they look super exaggerated..which is an instant turn-off..so I guess I do filter a bit without realizing it).

But yeah~, most of the time, I think almost every anime girl looks pretty unless they were specifically made to look..ugly xD 

f16f77cf317603e102298d90ff910b1912246436

Well... this was an interesting read!

I've never actually thought about this, but I guess my interests would lie in the characters who are in the middle. Middle of the extremities, I mean, both physically and mentally. You know those side characters in games and anime who aren't heroines, and so don't get ridiculous body shapes and character to make them stick out? Yeah, I probably prefer those girls (even though a lot of them are forgettable if not portrayed properly). They're more legit. Of course, heroines can be in the "middle", too, but there's always something to make them stand out from the rest, and in a lot of cases, this "something" is a little OTT. I'm just digressing now...

I like average. Average is good, but nothing is bad. I don't really hate any "type" of character. No discim. Nope.

Sorry, off-topic.. but I keep imagining you as the avatar speaking, lol. Sounds like how he'd talk.

That being said, having the stuff we like most physically becomes a treat. It's like the chocolate ice cream you have sitting in the freezer. You want to stuff your face in its creamy goodness (the body), but you know that the healthy food is sitting in the fridge (the personality).

Still, that ice cream is so fucking delicious. Om nom nom.

Boobs are just a fake ass! Ass is the best.

May I remind you that a key selling point of the 2D bishoujo world is that you can have the body and the personality simultaneously.  The world is your oyster, as it were.