Majikoi Release

Onodera Punpun

The common route is definitely really long, much longer than your typical VN. The VN is just kind of huge in general, after the long common route there are five main heroine routes, one lengthy unlockable "true" route, and a bunch of side-routes that are surprisingly long for what they are. 

humu, i'm sorry, its like my second visual novel so i'm not used to the duration of the common routes.

That aside i just reached the first group fight D: it was really interesting, and i loved the angry moro

I was gonna say Majikois prologue is not that long, there are other vns that were much much longer in the beginng/common route 

The common route is definitely really long, much longer than your typical VN. The game is just kind of huge in general, after the long common route there are five main heroine routes, one lengthy unlockable "true" route, and a bunch of side-routes that are surprisingly long. 

Rewrite, and Grisaia had long common routes, Majikoi did not.

I was about to say rewrite...that was almost a chore :P and grisaia too if you choose the last heroine (yumiko) you really need to read a lot but this is a common thing among vn the common route is really long most of the time, clannad was really long too, G-senjou, etc etc..

Rewrite, and Grisaia had long common routes, Majikoi did not.

Both of those also have abnormally long common routes. Just because Majikoi's isn't as long as those doesn't mean it isn't long. I dunno, Majikoi's felt really long compared to a lot of other VNs.

If you want a long-ass common route, read Grisaia no Kajitsu.  The common route took me so long to get through...it almost crushed my spirit.  Then I got to Amane and Sachi's routes, and all was well.

I honestly don't care if a common route is long as long as long as it's hilarious, and Majikoi's is pretty funny so far.

If you want a long-ass common route, read Grisaia no Kajitsu.  The common route took me so long to get through...it almost crushed my spirit.  Then I got to Amane and Sachi's routes, and all was well.

I honestly don't care if a common route is long as long as long as it's hilarious, and Majikoi's is pretty funny so far.

:vinty:  i'm planing to play grisaia after i finish majikoi

That's one of the biggest problems I had with Grisaia, the common route was so long I got bored and then I also think the Angelic Howl part was too long. Sure it was interesting but it felt like there was a bit too much of the same thing over and over again.

Majikoi however managed to entertain from start to finish, I really hope S and A will be translate at some point. 

I'm surprised no one's mentioning IMMHW's common route, that one I think dwarfs at least Rewrite's.

My useless self cannot find a line-count for Konosora anywhere, but Rewrite's common route has 38699 lines of text. I'd bet on Konosora's being shorter though.

I'm sure to make a special mention of Amane in Konosora and Lucia in Rewrite. Both of them skip atleast two hours of their respective game's common path.

I thought I was gonna die when I played Grisaia. Japanese love to add useless scenes. You'll say, the daily scenes can add to the atmosphere but dayum guys :yumiko:

It was funny. The primary point of Grisaia was the comedy and the drama in the heroine routes was only something extra to spice things up. I'm not sure what else you want out of a comedy game but Grisaia's common route was hilarious from start to finish so I was never bored by it. 

It was funny. The primary point of Grisaia was the comedy and the drama in the heroine routes was only something extra to spice things up. I'm not sure what else you want out of a comedy game but Grisaia's common route was hilarious from start to finish so I was never bored by it. 

Not gonna deny that it was hilarious, but for me at least it kinda started to drag on, although admittedly I was never actually bored.  I guess it was more impatience than anything else.  Kinda wanted to get to the meat of the story.  More slapstick scenes with Michiru were greatly appreciated, though.  I will never get tired of those.