Princess Evangile Release 2015

Vargas

Curious: anybody else disappointed in the lack of a Mitsuki route? It might be a purple hair thing, or a tsundere thing, or just that she has a low voice and I like low, womanly voices, but... yeah. I'm definitely disappointed in the lack of a Mitsuki route. I was even planning to pick her route first, before I realized there was no such thing.

On the topic of characters without routes, regarding Tamie: I like that she's genki, but she's somehow not quite interesting enough for me to be disappointed in the lack of a Tamie route. Of course, I sure as hell wouldn't say no to it if it were given to me...

I'm still not quite out of the common route, but I'm very curious to see what the character routes are like in the All Ages version, given that from what FamedWolf said, it sounds like quite a lot of ecchi in the regular version.

I'm also quite disappointed that Mitsuki didn't have her own route -.-... I was planning on starting on her route first but was utterly disappointed when I saw the choices. I'm really interested in how they will handle Mitsuki's character growth in her route (She's really against the integration). But oh well, at the very least she have her own route in the fan disk as every other supporting characters :3

Made some more. Can't stop, won't stop. ayakafaceemoticon51u8u.png konomifaceemoticong3umi.png

@mitch yeah, cop out indeed. I sort of felt that way as well to a lesser extent with like Ruriko's conflict 

Oh noes, arranged marriage? Dw, just reject him because you obviously don't love him. Oh look, he turned out to be a douchebag all this time, so her rejecting him is justified! All is well~

To be fair,

you wouldn't need an arranged marriage if you weren't a douche in the first place. I mean, you're a rich guy.

I actually really liked KonoSora. It dragged at times, and the translation was occasionally god-awful, but the plot really grabbed me, particularly the first time through. Having the whole plot revolve around a single goal, and having moments of real accomplishment on the road to that goal (and heartbreaking setbacks!) really works well for me, I think; Princess Evangile, in contrast to that style, is maybe a bit too episodic.

Well, in retrospect, I guess Princess Evangile tries to do that, too, with the Premier Judgement and the Grande Vote... but for whatever reason, those don't motivate me at all, and don't give me any satisfaction when they're successfully overcome. It's a stark contrast to, for instance, the first time the glider takes off in KonoSora - that's an amazing moment!

she was interesting to say the less. i was gonna say cute, but you could say that about any of the characters in this vn. yes, even the older goon. :wub:

.........what?

i really liked her. she seemed to have a good head on her shoulders.

Now that she's come and gone, I guess I can comment on Kayoko:

Initially she came off as crazy, but once I got her backstory I also really liked her. Genki is good, and like mitch said, she seems to be sharp as well. Good combination. Personality-wise, she felt like a very similar character to Tamie, but her CGs were all great, whereas I don't recall Tamie having any CGs (which is a damn shame).

Tamie had a CG. waaaay back in Chapter 1 or w/e (when you first meet her)

RV8j997.jpg

But ya, it's hilarious Kayoko has more CGs than Tamie. I feel they shouldn't have invested so much into Kayoko if she was just going to pop in for that one chapter  <_<

Ohh, not bad. I still haven't finished a route, so I don't have the Extras option yet, so I can't compare reality against my faulty memory just yet.

I'm quite ready to be done with Ayaka's route, TBH. Having it end right after Kayoko's disappearance and a few nice scenes with gentle music and CGs would have been just about perfect. But I kept playing for another hour or so after that, and it just kept going. Apparently there's still some stuff to work through, including another major event for Christmas Eve (should've seen that coming because Japan, I guess) which I'm really hard-pressed to care about right now, so, fine... but don't blame me if I nap through all of the remainder and dream of Chiho.

Ohh, not bad. I still haven't finished a route, so I don't have the Extras option yet, so I can't compare reality against my faulty memory just yet.

I'm quite ready to be done with Ayaka's route, TBH. Having it end right after Kayoko's disappearance and a few nice scenes with gentle music and CGs would have been just about perfect. But I kept playing for another hour or so after that, and it just kept going. Apparently there's still some stuff to work through, including another major event for Christmas Eve (should've seen that coming because Japan, I guess) which I'm really hard-pressed to care about right now, so, fine... but don't blame me if I nap through all of the remainder and dream of Chiho.

I disagree; ending just after Kayoko left to me would've left the route feeling really insubstantial. It's a pity you aren't enjoying Ayaka very much given that she was (in my opinion) the best heroine. 

Oh, no, I've been enjoying it. It just feels like stuff is basically resolved, at this point, so I'm ready for it to be over so I can move on to a new story. Ayaka is probably not my favorite, but she's second-favorite, at least.

Oh, no, I've been enjoying it. It just feels like stuff is basically resolved, at this point, so I'm ready for it to be over so I can move on to a new story. Ayaka is probably not my favorite, but she's second-favorite, at least.

I look forward to your opinions once you finish it :)

I'd like to know your thoughts on Headmistress after you complete Ayaka's route, Fred >.>

I second the motion. 

A combination of social life and a burning need to play the Iron Banner event in Destiny prevented me from finishing up Ayaka's route until tonight, but I finally got through it.

So, yes, I was glad to have the rest of the situation resolved and the ridiculously positive ending. I am a sucker for sweet things, so that was really nice. However, I stand by my previous statement, and will embellish a little: this game is terrible at keeping a clear arc in front of me. The writers really need to read and internalize this wikipedia page about dramatic structure, and understand why things are so often done this way - it's hard to keep momentum going in a story when you just drop the issues on the floor every now and then, which Princess Evangile loves to do.

Regarding the Headmistress... I'm an easy sell, so I just feel sympathetic for her. All's well that ends well, and they all seem to be happy now, right? I'm not one to hold a grudge, especially against fictional characters... though I admit, I'm not looking forward to her regressing back to a total bitch in future playthroughs.

Another complaint: I'm rather annoyed by the half-addressed issues that got raised in that route. If they wanted to talk about Masaya's damage, then they should've dealt with Masaya's damage. They even brought Rise and Chiho into it, and then just... dropped it. Wut. Similarly, Ritsuko's arranged marriage was referenced for about 5 seconds and then magically fully resolved with nary a mention. Wut. To be clear, I'm not saying they should've addressed them head-on and resolved them - rather, they shouldn't have brought them up in the first place on Ayaka's route. Save that stuff for where it's actually going to get resolved.

Anyway, I like to complain (and any review-like text that just says "Rainbows! Daffodils! Happiness!" is kinda useless anyway), but I want to emphasize once again that I enjoyed Ayaka's route, and I'm looking forward to the other three as well. I honestly have no idea which one I'm going to pick for my next playthrough, though I think I like Chiho the most at this point... which probably means I'll save her route for last. I probably won't have anything to report on this VN for a long time, regardless, because I read slowly, I don't have much time, and I'll probably be doing the VN reading club with the limited time I have available...

A combination of social life and a burning need to play the Iron Banner event in Destiny prevented me from finishing up Ayaka's route until tonight, but I finally got through it.

So, yes, I was glad to have the rest of the situation resolved and the ridiculously positive ending. I am a sucker for sweet things, so that was really nice. However, I stand by my previous statement, and will embellish a little: this game is terrible at keeping a clear arc in front of me. The writers really need to read and internalize this wikipedia page about dramatic structure, and understand why things are so often done this way - it's hard to keep momentum going in a story when you just drop the issues on the floor every now and then, which Princess Evangile loves to do.

Regarding the Headmistress... I'm an easy sell, so I just feel sympathetic for her. All's well that ends well, and they all seem to be happy now, right? I'm not one to hold a grudge, especially against fictional characters... though I admit, I'm not looking forward to her regressing back to a total bitch in future playthroughs.

Another complaint: I'm rather annoyed by the half-addressed issues that got raised in that route. If they wanted to talk about Masaya's damage, then they should've dealt with Masaya's damage. They even brought Rise and Chiho into it, and then just... dropped it. Wut. Similarly, Ritsuko's arranged marriage was referenced for about 5 seconds and then magically fully resolved with nary a mention. Wut. To be clear, I'm not saying they should've addressed them head-on and resolved them - rather, they shouldn't have brought them up in the first place on Ayaka's route. Save that stuff for where it's actually going to get resolved.

Anyway, I like to complain (and any review-like text that just says "Rainbows! Daffodils! Happiness!" is kinda useless anyway), but I want to emphasize once again that I enjoyed Ayaka's route, and I'm looking forward to the other three as well. I honestly have no idea which one I'm going to pick for my next playthrough, though I think I like Chiho the most at this point... which probably means I'll save her route for last. I probably won't have anything to report on this VN for a long time, regardless, because I read slowly, I don't have much time, and I'll probably be doing the VN reading club with the limited time I have available...

Chiho's voice is definitely good. Her VA's performance as Yumina in Yumina the Ethereal is also splendid if you like loudmouths :3

My favorite VA in PE though would have to be Ritsuko for how seductive she sounds (very breathy way of talking >.>)