Unpopular Opinions About VN's

Funyarinpa

15 hours ago, Decay said:

At least even the TB haters realize how good the voice acting was. 

I'm not really TB hater, but I dislike boring overrated VN that tries too hard to impress teenagers with chunni complex. Or maybe I'm just disappointed there's no Hanazawa Kana's godly moans)

This reminds me that I need to read Tokyo Babel still.

Anyways, I actually really really enjoyed Harukoi Otome, Riru's route being one of my personal favorites out of any VN (and she herself being one of my top heroines.)

Also, I'm not entirely sure if this is unpopular or not but I'll go for it anyways: Komari's route was one my favorite parts of Little Busters.

On 9/7/2016 at 2:08 AM, Kabu said:

Anyways, I actually really really enjoyed Harukoi Otome, Riru's route being one of my personal favorites out of any VN (and she herself being one of my top heroines.)

I did enjoy it as well, but not Ruri's route. It has one of the things I find most icky in VNs:

Spoiler

Creepy and sinister yuri

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.9.2016. at 10:44 AM, Mormaethor said:

Bible Black is pretty good, storywise. If you get around all the fetish/hardcore stuff.

My very first read VN xD It's basically what got me into VNs ... I have yet to find a VN similiar to it, that has somewhat interesting plot + fetish sex/hardcore stuff, Sei Shoujo is a genius in my opinion :D

Just now, Mormaethor said:

Yeah, it was more of an extended epilogue.

I'm still hoping to ever see a new one/remake, but alas...

There was no need for an extended epilogue in my opinion. That VN was perfectly fine where it left off, anything after the so-called "good ending" would just be needless and not fitting in the original flow of things. With the sequel they released they just managed to anger me with the awful voice actors and totally wrong storyline. I don't even consider the so-called sequel as a "Bible Black", it's more of a bad fan-fiction doujin in my opinion.

As for a remake, I don't think it's really necessary, the original art in Bible Black still looks good to me, now after I have played some more VNs from that period I definitively see Bible Black as a much better looking VN compared to many G-Collection translated bishoujo VNs. But if we compare it to today's standards, I definitively see what you mean, maybe Empress should give us a remake with the new art style Sei Shoujo developed, I like it very much so I would gladly pay for a remake if it were to be released or kickstarted for that matter.

1 minute ago, Infernoplex said:

There was no need for an extended epilogue in my opinion. That VN was perfectly fine where it left off, anything after the so-called "good ending" would just be needless and not fitting in the original flow of things. With the sequel they released they just managed to anger me with the awful voice actors and totally wrong storyline. I don't even consider the so-called sequel as a "Bible Black", it's more of a bad fan-fiction doujin in my opinion.

As for a remake, I don't think it's really necessary, the original art in Bible Black still looks good to me, now after I have played some more VNs from that period I definitively see Bible Black as a much better looking VN compared to many G-Collection translated bishoujo VNs. But if we compare it to today's standards, I definitively see what you mean, maybe Empress should give us a remake with the new art style Sei Shoujo developed, I like it very much so I would gladly pay for a remake if it were to be released or kickstarted for that matter.

I want a remake because they tend to come with more content.

And yeah, the sequel definitely had something fan-ficish about it.

7 minutes ago, Mormaethor said:

I want a remake because they tend to come with more content.

Hmmm, true, there is actually space for that in the Bible Black's story, it could be expanded, I can definitively see a way to improve it with more character development and maybe more ****** up situations, I can definitively see a potential in that ... But alas, as you said, there's little chance of it ever happening ...

On 9/24/2016 at 1:14 AM, Infernoplex said:

My very first read VN xD It's basically what got me into VNs ... I have yet to find a VN similiar to it, that has somewhat interesting plot + fetish sex/hardcore stuff, Sei Shoujo is a genius in my opinion :D

>learn japanese

>read black cyc vns

>profit!

1 minute ago, Kawasumi said:

currently reading gore screaming show and I can safely say this is one of the best Vns I have read like...ever.

Well, that might be good. Maybe. Since I don't actually know you.

But that title... almost as good as Maiden Rape Assault: Violent Semen Inferno. Which sadly was pretty weak, no matter what one day someone else might claim in this very topic.

1 minute ago, Mormaethor said:

Well, that might be good. Maybe. Since I don't actually know you.

But that title... almost as good as Maiden Rape Assault: Violent Semen Inferno. Which sadly was pretty weak, no matter what one day someone else might claim in this very topic.

true, but its because the main antagonist is literally named "gore screaming show" rofl or just ゴア for short

11 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

currently reading gore screaming show and I can safely say this is one of the best Vns I have read like...ever.

seems you really like GSS so far. strongly suggest (again *sigh) you also go for shingakkou after that one, despite it consisting of dudes getting poked in their butts (just try imagining some are chicks, they do already look a little femine). wasnt that impressed by GSS myself (still a good one), but its author did improve over the years and shingakkou turned out a disgusting masterpiece - shame we wont ever see it released in the west, since jast is 1) basically partnered with them 2)apparently has no ambition try doing BL 3)apparently has no one to do so

Just now, XReaper said:

seems you really like GSS so far. strongly suggest (again *sigh) you also go for shingakkou after that one, despite it consisting of dudes getting poked in their butts (just try imagining some are chicks, they do already look a little femine). wasnt that impressed by GSS myself, but its author did improve over the years and shingekkou turned out a disgusting masterpiece - shame we wont ever see it released in the west, since jast is 1) basically partnered with them 2)apparently has no ambition try doing BL 3)apparently has no one to do so

I really enjoy it so far and yeah, ill get to shingakkou soon (I really dont mind people get poked in the butt <3)

5 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

I really enjoy it so far and yeah, ill get to shingakkou soon (I really dont mind people get poked in the butt <3)

good then, as their butts aren´t the only thing that gets poked in there, not neccessarily meant on a sexual level :P overall i do think shingekkou does better in the despair-parts than GSS did, or emotional dismemberment in general. repeatedly that is. also less predictable than it might seem on first glance, or as the story proceeds.

& regarding topic here, to me reading nanarin fell completely flat. like there´s way too much and ero in there, seriously too much. though it´s part of the plot it killed off my mood, up to a point of me not caring anymore for what´s been going on, btw. when stuff started getting real i was pretty much all apathetic. literally wore me out whilst reading as hell.

btw to the one who did recommend me going for pigeon blood, because it´s sooo cool & dark - piss off. you killed me. i almost abandoned reading commercial works thanks to your ill-willed bullcrap. would have given it a -2rating if possible. seriously the most worst thing i ever encountered, not even to mention the 150euros i did waste on it and having stayed hungry for a week as the result...

You want unpopular opinions? I got unpopular opinions. Here's one.

You know what Wanko is? She's not the best grill (that's the Hulk Hogan grill), she's not the best girl (that's Ben Kei (two words as the bartender) or Nee-san or Miyako or Mayumayu or Seiso-haou or Ageha-san or Yadon or Karin) or even the best pet (Tatsu or Koyuki). She's just a useless whiny loser who gave up because she couldn't cut the mustard one time. Did Ronald Reagan give up because he didn't become President the first time? Did Ronda Rousey quit just because Dr. De Mars told her she sucked that one time she lost in that one piddlyass judo tournament that was only seen by the parents of the participants? No! She got back up, said "fuck you Mom, I'm gonna do it, that's it, period!" and got an Olympic medal and two world titles to shove up her ass. Now she's a fucking movie star.

You want to know what improves athletic performance? It sure as hell isn't that lameass crap you came up with it. It's growth hormone, testosterone propinate, trenbolone and anavar if you're female with more than 5% body fat. Or you embrace the dark side like Shakadou-san. Or you can raise your toukon the EcchiOujisama way, doing 1000 suburi everyday for 1000 consecutive days. That works too. I know because I did it. You know what didn't get the job done? (Insert diet here.) 

But the paths of both haou and toukon are just too much for our little pet dog. Oh sure, you can teach her to go fetch or show up when you blow the whistle, but that's all she's good for. Yamato should just cover his dick with peanut butter, blow the whistle and get it over with. "Yeah, that's it, right there, lick up those Scooby SnacksTM Wanko!" Assuming he didn't already do that in the Drama CD games, haven't gone through those yet. I would say I feel sorry for Hideo, but he can and will do better. She is a disgrace to Ekate's voice and should be ashamed of herself.   

On 26.9.2016. at 9:30 AM, Kawasumi said:

>learn japanese

>read black cyc vns

>profit!

Ahahaha, actually, I am already in proces of learning japanese right now and the purpose of it is to make me able to read untranslated Japanese VNs one day xD As for Black Cyc, thanks for recommendation but I was already aware of them since some time right now! :D

On 26.9.2016. at 5:01 PM, Kawasumi said:

I think Black Cyc is defunct right now (that's what VNDB says at least), and the VN you mentioned in your post is the first (serious, non-entirely-nukige) VN that I intend to play after learning Japanese (many people recommended it to me) ... I also intend to read Extravaganza, Black Cyc seems to be making (more like "made" - past tense since they are "defunct" by VNDB though I see they have released Extravaganza ~Mushigurui Hen~ relatively recently) that type of dark stories that I generally like :D Though I am not really limited only to dark stuff, I think I would also like chuunige too as well as anything sci-fi or epic :) ... I also intend to go through all Empress titles since Sei Shoujo is there :D ...