Eiyuu Senki - PS3?

kyrt

It seems with the help of 5pb and Fruitbat Eiyuu Senki is finally about to come stateside this summer...unfortunately it's releasing via PS3 (hopefully sony doesn't censor this version). Is there any chance of getting the PC version...I'm not sure if JAST upset someone or if Steins;Gate undersold and 5pb left (if anything happened at all) but since they would be the most likely people to release a PC version is there any chance of that happening? If an official license is not released is there any chance we might get a fan translation? (Hell if they transport it to PC they could even try putting the all ages version on steam (wonder why they aren't going to try). Is anyone even interested in this game?

Anyone know what the big changes might be for the All Ages version compared to the PC version is there any difference outside of H-scenes? 

This was actually announced nearly a year ago. When that announcement was made, Herkz, a long-time member of the scene who has connections with the various localization companies, said that the PC version was licensed separately a while ago. JAST was the most likely suspect. Anyways, since we've heard nothing about that, I wonder if they dropped it. I think it's more likely that a PC localization will never happen, since the licensor may feel it's not worth trying to compete with a console version, although they could probably make it work if they release the Gold version. 

Eiyuu Senki and these licenses are trickily related. You wouldn't be able to just take the existing PC versions and port the all-ages version's content to them, since Tenco owns the rights to the PC versions' content, while 5pb owns the rights to the console versions'. This is the same reason MangaGamer had to hire an artist to redraw the Higurashi sprites even though there was already a console version with redrawn sprites, they couldn't use that content. The only way you'll see an all-ages steam version is if A) Fruitbat Factory makes a custom port of the PS3 game to PC, they probably wouldn't do this because it would be a very expensive and time consuming endeavor, or B) if JAST (or whoever is supposedly licensing the PC version) makes custom edits to remove adult content from the PC version, although they'd be unable to add any of the extra content the console versions might have added. JAST is doing a custom edit of Romanesque so that's not entirely unlikely.

Fruitbat said that the game wouldnt be censored in any way when its localized and i have never heard of an oficial statement of the PC version being licenced.

As for fan translation that wont happen because the game got one but got a C&D by Tenco.

And the H-scenes of the first game are terrible for many reasons:

For one most of them were just one picture with no variations, they took to damm long to finish (Like 5 minutes of reading if you hear the voices) and many heroines didnt get one. Worse some heroines got even more than two (Himiko and Arthur like 5, Nobunaga 3, Benkei 3) and some girls didnt even deserved it (Like Nero, Bedivere and Lancelot) over others that would really fit (Like Ashoka, hannibal, Thutankamen, Galahad).

x360-YHW.jpg

The PS3 versions has new CGs that are not in the original and better yet since it seems most heroines will get one. Plus PS3 version has some new characters (Like awesome Sasaki Kojirou), im not aware of other new content.

To me the PS3 version looks like the best version after the Vita version if you ask me .

It's possible JAST licensed the PC version but hit a technical hurdle that caused them to drop the project.  If they licensed the project 9 months ago, I think they'd have said something about it by now if they were still actively working on it.

Of course, it's also possible that JAST has been biding its time waiting for Eiyuu Senki Gold to release in Japan.

It's possible JAST licensed the PC version but hit a technical hurdle that caused them to drop the project.  If they licensed the project 9 months ago, I think they'd have said something about it by now if they were still actively working on it.

Of course, it's also possible that JAST has been biding its time waiting for Eiyuu Senki Gold to release in Japan.

Considering JAST reputation of taking forever to release anything i doubt they have even gone as far as that, not to mention considering how Gold seems to be easy to translate (Some user new to hacking made an excellent job at it) i dont see how they can have that many problems with it considering its the same engine.

75512.jpg

Decay:

This is the same reason MangaGamer had to hire an artist to redraw the Higurashi sprites even though there was already a console version with redrawn sprites, they couldn't use that content.

I had been wondering about that, actually. Makes sense in hindsight.

Kyrt:

unfortunately it's releasing via PS3 (hopefully sony doesn't censor this version)

Not a chance, they would have to sell it as AO, which would create all kinds of barriers for the marketing process. Explicit sexual content would never be accepted on a average store shelf; Implied sexual content or softcore, maybe. but not the full-on stuff.

Not a chance, they would have to sell it as AO, which would create all kinds of barriers for the marketing process. Explicit sexual content would never be accepted on a average store shelf; Implied sexual content or softcore, maybe. but not the full-on stuff.

Think you misunderstood what I meant. I said I hope sony doesn't censor the PS3 version...quite a few games released via vita were unnecessarily censored in places to raise sales. I'm well aware the PS3 version will not be the true version but my biggest concern is whether or not it has any content that they might try to take out or censor outside of the actual h-content that isn't included in this version anyways. (not talking about hentai). 

Think you misunderstood what I meant. I said I hope sony doesn't censor the PS3 version...quite a few games released via vita were unnecessarily censored in places to raise sales. I'm well aware the PS3 version will not be the true version but my biggest concern is whether or not it has any content that they might try to take out or censor outside of the actual h-content that isn't included in this version anyways. (not talking about hentai). 

Ah fair enough, such as concerns about

Angelic Howl

in Grisaia no Kajitsu. Sorry about that, was abit presumptious of me. :P

Ah that's a shame.

May as well ask this here too, since I'm having trouble progressing now, there's some countries which I just can't get through.

How do the combat mechanics actually work in this game? I end up hitting the enemy for like ~500, doing pretty much nothing, and then they turn around and one-shot me. There's no way I can build up enough money to just massively up my soldier counts, so, how does the combat actually function? Are there unit counters? Should I only be using specific units to attack specific other units? Pretty much nothing at all regarding battles wss explained through the game itself, only the UI and the basics of how to play through a battle. There was really nothing of mechanics at all.

Which heroes are good? I really don't know which ones I should be pumping money into and which I shouldn't.

Would help to know what country you are trying to conquer because even though some open very early they are massively difficult to conquer if you dont conquer other regions with lower army might. For instance Russia opens up pretty early but you will be slaughtered if you try to conquer it as soon as it opens.

The game mechanics are simply, it has a weapon triangle like FE and the damage depends on your HP (Wich is army might). Some enemies has items equipped that has many effects so maybe these units are using damage halving items. Do you see the pink bar up your side of the screen? Well that one fills depending in two conditions: You attack an enemy with a weapon she is strong agaisnt or the enemy attacks your weakness wich is true for the other side as well. So basically avoid exploiting an enemy weakness otherwise they will launch special skills on you.

As for useful heroines barring the legendary heroes (Yamato, Gilgamesh and any blue bar unit) Lubu, Kublai, Seimei, Hero, Kamehameha, Himiko are the most useful early game.

Also complete the heroines events as soon as the unlock since they give the unit more abilities, item slots, area effects to the heroines.

Would help to know what country you are trying to conquer because even though some open very early they are massively difficult to conquer if you dont conquer other regions with lower army might. For instance Russia opens up pretty early but you will be slaughtered if you try to conquer it as soon as it opens.

The game mechanics are simply, it has a weapon triangle like FE and the damage depends on your HP (Wich is army might). Some enemies has items equipped that has many effects so maybe these units are using damage halving items. Do you see the pink bar up your side of the screen? Well that one fills depending in two conditions: You attack an enemy with a weapon she is strong agaisnt or the enemy attacks your weakness wich is true for the other side as well. So basically avoid exploiting an enemy weakness otherwise they will launch special skills on you.

As for useful heroines barring the legendary heroes (Yamato, Gilgamesh and any blue bar unit) Lubu, Kublai, Seimei, Hero, Kamehameha, Himiko are the most useful early game.

Also complete the heroines events as soon as the unlock since they give the unit more abilities, item slots, area effects to the heroines.

A weapon triangle like FE? What does that mean?

And that's what I'm talking about, the strengths and weaknesses, how can I know what an enemy's weakness is?

Check the wiki for some more information.

http://eiyuuwiki.wikidot.com/wiki:gameplay

http://eiyuuwiki.wikidot.com/wiki:type-effectiveness (here to see how weapon weakness works)

For instance check the battle image i uploaded, the current character in turn is the protagonist (Player) wich he is a sword unit (see the sword besides his name), then look at the enemy Tiamat wich is a canon unit and see her icon is a red circle wich means that she is weak agaisnt sword unit wich in turn means that if you attack her she will gain break balls wich are used for skills. If you attack the enemy Yinnan however YOU will be the one earning break balls because he resists your attack.

Thats basically how you play throught the game, the strategy comes in position your characters in a way that you can use skills effectively.

btw you will want to go to the download section and download the update and english patch, do make a backup of the game and the savedata in case something goes wrong. Items are far too useful to not take advantage of them.

Ah, thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for. I know I looked at that wiki before, and that type effectiveness page wasn't there. The red on their icon indicates weaknesses does it, ahhh.

I don't need the English patch, I can play it fine in Japanese, I just didn't know the combat mechanics, since they're not explained in-game. That clears up everything I wanted to know, thanks.

• 3 months later...

It's hard to say whether we'll get a PC version let alone an adult version...the fact it's taking so long to release on the ps3 though may be a good sign though if they plan to announce both at the same time...something peter said at a con however makes me skeptical whether we'll get anymore games from 5pb/Mages from/with Jast.

I actually /index.php?/topic/4643-news-tenco-announces-an-official-all-ages-ps3-port-of-eiyuu-senki/?hl=eiyuu+senki">wrote about the port a year ago when they first announced it.

The PC version port is a fluke; it will never happen. Only console version was licensed. Different companies own rights to each version of the game respectively, making the full porting of the game nearly impossible. Various content is spread between them as well. Such a shame, to be honest.

I don't like the way TENCO handles the game. They not only hurt their business in the process, but make the licensing and future development a lot more difficult as well. It's quite funny considering the PC version did preety well for japanese market. Eiyuu Senki is a nice game, although it's not without flaws; it has the stigma of being just a more detailed Rance clone with slightly bigger production values.

haven´t followed this discussion closely & so does that mean, there´s no chance of even getting the gold version for pc in english? would be a shame, since the art is...*sigh

would have been so darn nice to play it in english on smaller displays...guess i´m going blind in the nearer future...