My Experience with Sengoku Rance

Mr Poltroon

A couple of images inside, just a warning for slower machines.

First, I started

IUt0T6g.jpg

zNCMYzY.jpg

yolMQTi.jpg

Powerup.jpg(read: cheats)

Then, I restarted with theKSZQLsP.jpg

BdL32X7.jpg?1at a decent pace.

BzMT5AB.jpg

408wQx5.jpg?1

oMV7wIz.jpg?1

And so, I decided not to touch the bloody thing for a while.

But you know what I really want to play next, now that I've learnt my lesson? 

ena_s5.jpg

Rance isn't particularly hard.

Aselia is leagues above rance when it comes to story, though. It'd be great even without gameplay. It is in my 5 all-time favorites for a reason.

Really?

I thought Aselia was a pile of cliche things.

That's according to some people though.

I call grind to the endless conquer/be conquered situation. It eventually got to the point where all the other nations were so much better than me I couldn't even defend myself.

That's silly.

That's called 'getting girls'.

To not be owned by other nations, try going for Uesugi first.

Kenshin really helps on the first run.

Don't even dare to fight the raccoons or Takeda.

Alternatively, you could also vassal Tanegashima and Akashi to not be overpowered by Mouri, but being overpowered by them is really a rare case. Other than that, you'll only be having problems with Honnouji.

I do hope you reconsider playing it.

Really?

I thought Aselia was a pile of cliche things.

That's according to some people though.

That's almost like saying Grisaia no Kajitsu is cliche because it's a school setting with girls that have all sorts of problems that you end up solving. 

I'll eventually get to Aselia in my Tld VN corner. I'll talk to you about it then~

The racoons are a pain in the ass but damn they are so good if you conquer them early. :)

But your first playthrough is conquer Ashikaga -> Miko -> Uesugi In my opinion. After that go for Tenegashima/Tokugawa -> Hanni (forgot the name) and Hojo. This is my preferred route of order. 

Looking forward to that Kaguya. I don't see that "magic" feeling from Aselia. But maybe you can enlighten me.

But your first playthrough is conquer Ashikaga -> Miko -> Uesugi In my opinion. After that go for Tenegashima/Tokugawa -> Hanni (forgot the name) and Hojo. This is my preferred route of order. 

I always go Ashikaga ---> Hara ---> Asai-Asakura/Miko ---> Uesugi.

I like steamrolling countries.

The raccoons are pretty hard to capture on first-game, but doable.

I always go Ashikaga ---> Hara ---> Asai-Asakura/Miko ---> Uesugi.

I like steamrolling countries.

The raccoons are pretty hard to capture on first-game, but doable.

Right I forgot Hara. I always conquer them on day 2/3 or something. Asai Asakura is just annoying with their bearguy. Steamrolling is the way. Preferably in 2 days if possible. I never defend my own country because they have to conquer 3+ cities before I lose that territory. Just a waste of units. I always defend my conquered territory.

Right I forgot Hara. I always conquer them on day 2/3 or something. Asai Asakura is just annoying with their bearguy. Steamrolling is the way. Preferably in 2 days if possible. I never defend my own country because they have to conquer 3+ cities before I lose that territory. Just a waste of units. I always defend my conquered territory.

Hmmm? It's pretty easy to handle once you get the idea of attacking their mainland.

Huge spoiler about Takeda

I am talking about the great offensive Takeda does. If you successfully defend the 3 or 4 attacks you are able to reveal the secret of Takeda Shingen and therefore get every general and Takeda surrender to you(not sure about this).

Huge spoiler about Takeda

I am talking about the great offensive Takeda does. If you successfully defend the 3 or 4 attacks you are able to reveal the secret of Takeda Shingen and therefore get every general and Takeda surrender to you(not sure about this).

It's true. I've collected the Takeda generals, after all.

Dude,I think all gameplay VNs require hundred of hours of game-play to fully clear everything, I'm currently playing Kamidori since people recommended me...and Honestly I am also sick of the grind, Im like 30+ hours into it and for the most part it is grinding the characters and leveling them up.. 16 characters for first play through ,and another 14 additional from NG+ , I'm only at 10 characters so far...and I am just petrified at the thought of consecutively leveling up 30 different characters... Iv read on the forums that it took someone 500+ hours to clear all 3 routes of the game..I have spent 500+ hours on a game before....over the course of 4 years...and I'm not going to devote 4 years of my life to this one and every other gameplay VN ,lol