You know what's bollocks?

-Flashback-

In this thread you can share any story of just about anything in your life that is complete nonsense or ticks you off. 

I start:

You know what's bollocks? Regional lock. It's always the same thing. Every... single... time! What's the point of doing this? stoooooooop! ;_;

The hardware and software developers throw us the bulls!%3 excuse that they use region lock on DVDs, Blurays, video game consoles and other electronic devices of this kind because they say that "some products are not meant to audiences outside the region they were released in." That's a crock of s#%t Today's audiences have very different and specific tastes. They look for specific products, they want to see everything as much costumised as possible and they are getting more and more demanding about this as years go by. If I live in China, why couldn't I import a video game from Japan if I liked it for example? 

I understand that some companies try to protect their products by cutting the imports from cheaper countries and avoid losing money that way (for example iphones are cheaper here in China than in Europe), but giving us the cultural taste excuse is just low.

Everytime I try to get any electronic device from my country to work here in China, it just won't. It's frustrating. Try living in a region with a different system and you will see what I mean.

- the massive increase in ads over the years.

- the way copyright and regional locks have not evolved allong with the world and the internet. I mean seriously they are outdated as hell, those copyright laws predate the internet.

- how we still ALL have to work and pay for things despite it techically being possible for more than half of the work not having to work. :ph34r:

You know what's bollocks?

The fact that imgur is blocked by my ISP, and that 90% of all images on Fuwanovel are imgur. I had to jump my DNS and use a relay server just to look at Fiddle's sodding image. Or any image on Fuwa for that matter. That's just ludicrous. It's way too cumbersome.

Okay, the other things in this thread aren't bollocks. THAT is bollocks.

My steam account got blocked because I logged in my new laptop and the email it was linked to is also blocked because it was opened on a different laptop and the recovery email was blocked due to inactivity......

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

......What the hell did i just read.....

So now what?

I can't watch it the whole day, honestly.

If I had 150 GB though, I wouldn't be counting the number of days I had 'till the limit restarts.

You know what's ever more bollocks? Here in China all the western video websites where the anime series are hosted are either painfully slow or blocked. Even with a VPN they load painfully slow. So I got 2 choices: Either I download the whole series to my hard disc and take up a lot of space or I can always watch them in Chinese sites with Chinese dubs or subs from Japanese... which is not recommended if your Chinese level is "hello, how are you, fine, thank you". So enjoy what you have :>

- No good anime streaming services outside the US (gimme some Crunchyroll dammit!)

- Download limit of 150 GB per month and having to pay an outrageous amount to increase it

- Having a mother tongue that is only spoken in 1,5 (tiny) countries in the world (Dutch)

- 3D women  :amane:

...?

You live in belgium and you have a download limit, are you shitting me?

I am basically your next door naughboor and i dont have a download limit at all, i have a 50mbs per second connection for unlimited amounts of traffic.

Why in goods name do you guys have a download limit?

- No good anime streaming services outside the US (gimme some Crunchyroll dammit!)

- Download limit of 150 GB per month and having to pay an outrageous amount to increase it

- Having a mother tongue that is only spoken in 1,5 (tiny) countries in the world (Dutch)

- 3D women  :amane:

Crunchyroll is actually pretty bad.... Unless you have a premium account, it is just ad spam galore. I mean the video stop and they force an ad on you... I do feel sorry for the 3D women part but it's nice walking around and speaking a language that people don't understand. I know English and chinese but if I swear in either, people always know... Even when I go overseas.... There is always someone who understands English or chinese near you.

I can't watch it the whole day, honestly.

If I had 150 GB though, I wouldn't be counting the number of days I had 'till the limit restarts.

But....but....that means.... You have a decent amount of life....

You know what's ever more bollocks? Here in China all the western video websites where the anime series are hosted are either painfully slow or blocked. Even with a VPN they load painfully slow. So I got 2 choices: Either I download the whole series to my hard disc and take up a lot of space or I can always watch them in Chinese sites with Chinese dubs or subs from Japanese... which is not recommended if your Chinese level is "hello, how are you, fine, thank you". So enjoy what you have :>

I just came back from china. You have my pity. However, some anime sites worked while I was there that had English sub. That weren't that slow. I ranted about the same thing on another thread but havoc thought I was joking

I just came back from china. You have my pity. However, some anime sites worked while I was there that had English sub. That weren't that slow. I ranted about the same thing on another thread but havoc thought I was joking

You have to tell me which ones :mellow:  The fastest I could find was some Russian video website. I'm guessing it has to do with the geographical proximity to China. 

You have to tell me which ones :mellow:  The fastest I could find was some Russian video website. I'm guessing it has to do with the geographical proximity to China.

Well I tried so many I forgot.... Honestly .... Maybe chia anime, gogo anime, pinoyanime, animeflavor, were a few that I tried. But I can't really remember ( I tried 20 or so...)

Things that are bollocks:

- My ISP and everything they stand for.

- I spend three hours everyday commuting between my University and home (total).

- The fourth disc of my Clannad After Story dvds just kinda vanished. Like all four of them were there before I last looked, but then when I looked again (cause I wanted to watch it...again) they weren't there. Not in any of other cases either! Just kinda... poofed. o-o