Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

You've made me want to look into this series more now after pegging it to be generic damnit.

This picture might give a biased image of Heartcatch to be honest, although it's all true. But it's an amazing series nonetheless imo - you just need to go into it expecting the monster of the week format and copious amounts of pink and flowers.

Here's my review of Shinsekai Yori

Story - 8/10

The story was pretty good, especially the setting was well crafted and beautifully detailed. The events felt natural and not forced at all, if somehow PK powers actually emerged the events in Shinsekai won't be too far-fetched from reality. It was one of the best dystopia disguised as a utopia that I have seen. It shows pretty well how the society had to go to extreme measures to ensure it's safety, over the course of the show we are shown both the sides of the predicament. The story also touches upon an important issue that while we ourselves talk about equality and freedom, when it come to someone(here Queerats) who is a bit weaker to us we become like tyrants and treat them as inferior beings and exploit their weakness. In the last arc, no one is really right or wrong as both the Queerats and the Humans were fighting for their survival. In the end the Humans are the good people simply because they won.

Characters - 9/10

The characters are properly fleshed out and mature throughout the show. All the major characters have a different view about what's happening and it is a nice experience knowing all the different the ways with which the same situation can be understood. The characters who shone the most were Saki and Squealer. Saki being someone who understood both the Queerats and the humans, and squealer being a good antagonist - one who you hate and at the same time also understand the reasons behind their actions.

Art - 7/10

The art-style was fitting for the show which had a mix of horror and mystery feel. The animation was handled well but nothing really great.

Soundtrack - 8/10

The soundtrack showed the mood perfectly and greatly increased the impact of the scenes. The first ED was amazing, but nothing much apart from that.

Overall - 8/10

I enjoyed the show a lot and am grateful to the anime to the club for showing it to me. I had never heard of Shinsekai before and probably would've missed this great show. It's definitely a must watch for everyone.

Welcome to the wonderful world of PurpleEyesWTF, where everything makes sense.....forever. 

I honestly thought your avatar was from None Piece for a minutes. 

As a fan of One Piece, None Piece was hilarious. :lol:

P.S. Your profile pic has this feeling of "manly-ness" about it for some reason.

P.P.S It also reminds me of Snake from the Late Night Crew.