Littlewitch Romanesque thoughts

SilverLi

The art kinda rubs me the wrong way. But I might just need to get more used to it.

I am somewhat surpised by the amount of praise you guys are giving it. Pretty much goes to say I should look past the art and judge it more fairly...

Anyway adding this to my to-read/play list.

I think the issue with Steins;Gate is the recent acquisition of the game by Qube(?) where it might be going to IOS and Sony titles...perhaps they are making a slightly edited version with those games and that is the one they wish to put on Steam (a notion which would of course piss off people), it's also possible that since Comic Market is coming up that they might just have to wait to discuss it with them in January...

If anything I am ridiculously surprised by Little Witch Romanesque being the first game to try and come to Steam as it was the last game I thought they would try. Aselia the Eternal or Steins;Gate seem much more likely to make it work. Admittedly they have had similar games on Steam in the past (the whole raising simulator thing...long live the queen for example) but uh the content for this one definitely makes it suspect. I imagine that this might end up backfiring horribly. It's also quite possible that Steam will remove it themselves if they look into (the amount of stupid steam users talking about the 18+ version definitely is not going to help matters)...I'm not sure of the content in the game but it definitely doesn't sound like Steam material...even if the gameplay does. Then again they released the adult game and the all ages game at the same time in Japan and outside of one or two characters of questionable attire the h-scenes are apparently nothing more than additives that add nothing to the game overall and thus won't really be missed (from what I've heard they actually come out of nowhere and feel really off)...time will tell.

edit: I don' know why but I'm a little worried on the translation for this game. I'm still undecided if I want to pick it up...rather pick up Ef Limited Edition HC, because really nothing about this game overly interests me outside of supporting the visual novel industry itself. 

They were cockblocked by 5pb on Steins;Gate many months ago, long before the console deal came to be. People have assumed that the reason is because of how easy it would be to get the game cheaper from steam than from within Japan (even though it's in english...). Steam has recently implemented a lot of restrictions to combat that kind of thing, though, so it shouldn't be a major concern anymore.

Well, I'm not too far in so this is just so very early first impressions.

1) The game is gorgeous (though, I understand the art is not for everyone one)

2) What I've seen of the gameplay has been interesting so far, but I haven't seen very much. The raising part of the game so far has consisted of dice rolls and using those rolls to teach the girls spells. I'm hoping that'll expand into more raising simulator actions, but like I said I'm very early into the game.

really like that game so far, nice artwork and the whole idea with teaching spells and so is somewhat funny. hope rest of it will not disappoint me later on, cause my hair went already grey while waiting for ages for my download code and getting no response from jast....

Dice rolls?

So it's RNG all over again?

You can "bump" them to have them land on the side of the dice you desire. There is also an auto-bump for spells, which are also done through dice rolls. Doing so has its own penalties, such as resetting the spirit you've already earned, but comes with buffs to subsequent die rolls and other benefits. It's kinda hard to explain, tbh. It's more than just RNG though. I haven't worked out the nuances of it yet.

You can "bump" them to have them land on the side of the dice you desire. There is also an auto-bump for spells, which are also done through dice rolls. Doing so has its own penalties, such as resetting the spirit you've already earned, but comes with buffs to subsequent die rolls and other benefits. It's kinda hard to explain, tbh. It's more than just RNG though. I haven't worked out the nuances of it yet.

Oho. Interesting. Thanks for the information.

WHOA! This game is unexpectedly good. Really, really good.

The english is seamless, the writing is hilarious, the sim gameplay is really fun without being heavy on stats or ultra-complicated, the art is original, the characters are diverse and interesting, it's been a very long time since I've been hooked on a VN like I have with Romanesque. Every fan of sim games should give this a try!

WHOA! This game is unexpectedly good. Really, really good.

The english is seamless, the writing is hilarious, the sim gameplay is really fun without being heavy on stats or ultra-complicated, the art is original, the characters are diverse and interesting, it's been a very long time since I've been hooked on a VN like I have with Romanesque. Every fan of sim games should give this a try!

I couldn't agree more, I've been having such a blast with it. The game is an absolute delight. I really can't think of much in the way of criticisms right now.