Littlewitch Romanesque thoughts

SilverLi

If youcast the +5 spirits thing several times do you get more and more every roll? In other words does it stack? (I think so but I am not sure)

Yes, Tempero Ignis stacks.

One little quirk is that extra dice don't seem to count towards your ability to sure-cast spells from the menu.  If your starting dice don't have the required elements to cast a particular spell, the spell can't be cast.

you get the second spellbook for kaya from the other travelling merchant at some point of the game. also some routes like merrets are bit difficult to get on, like failing the second exams and such stuff

& no, you cant cast any spells with xtra dices

Vndb classifies them as children so...

PS: Nvm I didn't realize how old it was  <_<

How old are they supposed to be? I personally can't see them being older than 13 and I feel that's stretching it. 

In regards to spell books, i'm already in the second year, and there are quests that require certain spells that neither Aria or Kaya has. Both of them received the second spell book from Elmore and the travelling merchant, Are we supposed to receive a third one? and if so when? or is there a requirement...

The extra dice are only for spirit generation, they do nothing else. But it's good to have lots of dice for certain spells like celestis flos or whatever that's called (the fireworks spell, which is available from the start). The general strategy is to spend the first couple days setting up the board, creating as many high-value dice as you can, then spend the rest of the week casting spells that strike the dice a lot generating crazy amounts of spirit. Specific spell combos may vary but that's the general outline that everybody should follow. After the first few months, you should probably be casting spells with both characters every day.

As for character age, well... don't ask don't tell. I did find it a little weird that despite their apparent very young age, they don't age at all in the course of three years. And I'm not a lolicon so like half of the characters' scenes are about as unerotic as they get for me.

Sounds like we're having a similar experience. My first playthrough is completely blind and I'm taking my sweet time with it.  Not even close to being done. Sounds like you're going for Mariella's ending first too. 

Well I decided to improve the tower just to check what the other study rooms could offer. If I entered her route I have no idea. It seems a bit early after 60 weeks but I don't know. 

The extra dice are only for spirit generation, they do nothing else. But it's good to have lots of dice for certain spells like celestis flos or whatever that's called (the fireworks spell, which is available from the start). The general strategy is to spend the first couple days setting up the board, creating as many high-value dice as you can, then spend the rest of the week casting spells that strike the dice a lot generating crazy amounts of spirit. Specific spell combos may vary but that's the general outline that everybody should follow. After the first few months, you should probably be casting spells with both characters every day.

If I recall correctly you should't cast spells every day because you reset the number every turn, or am I wrong? That's how I play at least. Cast spells 2 - 4 days and hope for the best. But my tactic isn't perfect.

Regarding their age. Well that's a pity and what do we really expect of Japan? I am playing the game thanks to the raising sim and gameplay.

If I recall correctly you should't cast spells every day because you reset the number every turn, or am I wrong? That's how I play at least. Cast spells 2 - 4 days and hope for the best. But my tactic isn't perfect.

That's how I've been playing it as well. But I haven't been trying overly hard to max my results because it's impossible to do everything on a single playthrough. I just aim for a decent amount of skill points and try and prevent Kaya from stealing all of Aria's points...

You bump the dice in order to get the spells you want, doing so doesn't reset your spirits at all. You only reset your spirits when you autocast a spell from the spell list. I almost never do this. It's generally pretty easy to cast the spells you want purely by bumping without losing any spirits once you get used to the dice bumping. You can then get 1500-2000+ spirits per category pretty easily with the right spells.

It's impossible to do everything in a single playthrough, but you can save a lot of time by being really efficient with your lessons and spell learning, reducing the amount of content you have to repeat.

Yeah, you do have to make sure you're constantly bumping dice, the moment all the dice settle is the moment the day ends. If you click the top of a die, it bumps it without flipping it, so sometimes I'll just randomly click on a die while scanning the rest to see what needs to be flipped.

Also because some other people didn't seem aware, bumping is more simple than you might think, whatever side of the die you click on is the side that lands face up. The die always spins in a predictable manner when you click on certain sides of it, so you can get used to the way it moves with enough experience. If you bump too much, you WILL start to lose spirits, but you won't lose all of them unless you go overboard.

I've become a super pro at this.  B)

Yeah of course I knew that but I suck at it. edit: I didn't knew they was bumping in a predictable manner. I just thought i poked it with a stick to perhaps get another side.  A question that just bumped my mind now. If you get 3 required sides to do a spell the girl may do it? I see a lot of random spells.

Yeah of course I knew that but I suck at it. edit: I didn't knew they was bumping in a predictable manner. I just thought i poked it with a stick to perhaps get another side.  A question that just bumped my mind now. If you get 3 required sides to do a spell the girl may do it? I see a lot of random spells.

If you get all three required spirits for a spell and the character knows it, they WILL cast it. This will happen whether it's by coincidence (you don't touch the dice) or you force it into happening through manual dice bumping. Clicking on the spell in the spell list is just the cheaty way of doing it, which is why they take away all of your spirits when you do that. This is basically what I've been talking about. Bump the dice until the desired spirits are laying face up which is easy to do once you know the trick to cast the spells you want every time without losing any spirits. 

Romanesque quickly transforms from a weird and frustrating RNG-based dice rolling game into an actual skill game that takes hand-eye coordination and that kind of thing once it all starts to click in your mind. The RNG starts to matter a whole lot less once you get good at bumping the dice and figure out the good skill combos. The most random thing about it becomes the random placement of the objects, but you can still manipulate your luck by bumping the dice into ideal positions (e.g. shove one character's dice into a corner and spread out the other one's).

My end game and NG+ strategy right now is (don't read if you want to figure some stuff out on your own):

Day 1/2 - Celero + Dicere Herba.  Day 3/4/5/6  - Caelestis Flos + Invisbilis. I know for sure there are better combos than this but it usually maxes out or gets very close to maxing out my spirit every time, usually getting 1500+ per spirit. Celero gives ALL dice +3 spirits every day, so it very quickly adds up. Casting it twice makes it happen twice, so it's +6 spirit per die per day, pretty nuts. Dicere Herba randomly drops 3 seeds that when struck generate a die with all six spirits. So it's basically three times better than Ignis, granting six dice after two days. The random placement can favor one character over the other, but since they're usually struck immediately upon being summoned, you can do some clever dice positioning to try to even things out over the course of the two days. Those two spells work well together because they each can buff not only the caster but the other character as well. Caelestis Flos just hits most of the dice on the board a whole bunch. I'm not sure if there's a spell that's better for this purpose. Each time a die is hit, they generate the amount of spirit they're worth, so you use those kinds of spells after you've buffed your dice. Invisibilis creates an invisible chest that doubles the day's spirit generation after it's hit. This means if it's hit at the very end of a day it's a pretty big bummer, but the spell actually works works really nicely with Caelestis Flos. Caelestis Flos tends to push all of the dice to the sides of the screen, meaning they take up very little space by the end. Then Invisibilis is cast, and usually stays until the next day when it will be immediately activated before any spirit is generated, making that a good combo.

Perhaps the best thing about this combo is that you can spam it without it favoring one spirit type over the other, since Caelestis Flos completely jumbles the dice and Dicere Herba gives you a dice with an even probability for all spirits.

Oh and one other thing to note since I've seen some people ask about this elsewhere: Only the first three dice count for spell casting when doing manual bumps. Extra dice is only ever used for spirit generation and nothing else. The darker shade of dice is the original that needs to be manipulated to cast spells.

AHHHHH! I DIDN’T KNOW THAT! I will definitely give this technique a go.

But my hand eye co-ordination isn’t the best, I’m not sure if I’m quick enough to do this :(

You can use the autocast menu (press space bar or right click) to hone in on the dice you want to bump. It pauses the game and give you a chance to see what dice you should bump. You can then just move your mouse over that dice before you unpause it. It might be a lame way to do it, but if you're rubbish at bumping, it's an option.

You can use the autocast menu (press space bar or right click) to hone in on the dice you want to bump. It pauses the game and give you a chance to see what dice you should bump. You can then just move your mouse over that dice before you unpause it. It might be a lame way to do it, but if you're rubbish at bumping, it's an option.

So uh, does Merrett always leave at the end of the second year? Anyone know how to stop that?

The only way to stop merret from leaving is to do all her quests and have her teach during second year only in the classroom.

Doing so will trigger her events and eventually you will get a starred quest for her.

Doing that quest and failing the 2nd year exam will take you to her ending

I've read a few favorable reviews about this game but after this finishing the first year and half of the second, I can't help but feel that the story/plot is way too slow. It's gotten to the point where I'm just about skipping through most of the "everyday" stuff without actually reading it. I didn't realize the difference between a "raising sim" and a "visual novel" like Fate/Stay Night was this much. I'm probably going to finish it once at least but my motivation to do so has considerably dwindled.

There is no real story, and the slice of life stuff is like 98% of the game. Each major character has an ending that isn't so much a route but an epilogue (that's what the game calls them) that lasts about half an hour or so each and is somewhat serious. But that's it. So you'll be skipping the entire game at this rate.

• 2 months later...