Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

Just dont care about pp xD

I kinda somewhat don't. Like, I usually won't play for the sake of getting it, but it's disheartening to see it go down. D: Plus, I don't mind waiting for it to get ranked. There's a lot of maps that get ranked daily. :P

Im still stuck on easy and I have a tablet

Tablet doesn't necessarily guarantee success, it's just that it can give better results in a shorter timespan. Thankfully I had experience with other rhythm games beforehand, so it was easy for me to start off on Osu, but I use to be horrible at games like DDR until after a while.

Perhaps your setup isn't the most comfortable for you to play, try to adjust your settings to see if something clicks better for you. You can adjust your tablet to use a smaller area, change the keys you tap with on your keyboard, and the lower resolution of the game client. There's quite a few options you can mess with to see if it makes a difference in your play. And if you're using the standard skin that comes with the game, try switching it out with something else (the standard skin is really distracting for me). I know Zealty likes using the Soda skin, which I think is pretty comfortable to use and pretty cute. :3 I prefer using rrtyui's skin though.

I remember one user (Bikko I think) was banned for what they assumed was "cheating" because he was making "impossible" movements with a touch screen. Since then,  they unbanned him because they realized he wasn't using software to cheat (as assumed) but it was just his hardware making the movements seem impossible.

I actually play, too, I shall confess since there are a few beginners around... I got up to Normal difficulty for most songs but can only FC about half the ones I have... I play with a Mouse + Keyboard. Here's my profile, if anyone's curious: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4844153

Does anyone have any tips for spinners? And getting the notes after them? And then playing stuff on Hidden or Double Time?

...Those are my most troublesome areas right now, although any general tips you have to get better (other than the obvious practice) would be appreciated, too! (Sorry if anyone's answered this stuff before, there are 81 pages to this thread...)

Does anyone have any tips for spinners?

For spinners, practice vibrating your wrist in order to get the most spin. Your wrist is what helps make your hand move faster when doing spinners~

And getting the notes after them?

You have to build up faster reaction time by playing the map more often, so you can anticipate where the next note is. 

And then playing stuff on Hidden or Double Time?

For HD and DT you mainly have to get used to them. Whenever you play solo, keep your HD and/or DT on the whole time, so you would get used to it. For harder songs you have to also as well play the map a lot so you would know where to hit the notes and anticipate it faster :D 

I hope these advice help you ><

Yeah, Osu is about as hard as any other rhythm game I've played. My 1st was DDR, and it took me like 2 months to progress past the easy diffs. XD These kinds of games are quite a bit more skill-based than others due to the reflexes needed to play them, so they're generally the hardest for many to play. But stick with it for a while, they're a blast once you find your groove! :D

And if you guys ever want to start up a chat in game, feel free to add me here. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4313410

I finally survived that stream at the end. I love Saten maps. <3 I feel like this would make for an awesome practice at streams.

ea5c879c7c.png