First time reading Fate Stay

Dark Ariel7

While I long since left FSN behind (it is generally ranked between fifty-second and sixtieth place in my heart), I do still love the universe it is based in.  UBW is indeed the best of the three routes... but Heavens Feel is something special too (even if I do prefer the bad ends for some reason).  Honestly, Ilya was indeed the biggest sticking point for me.  I wanted to save her so badly I could have punched Nasu in the sternum.

While I long since left FSN behind (it is generally ranked between fifty-second and sixtieth place in my heart), I do still love the universe it is based in.  UBW is indeed the best of the three routes... but Heavens Feel is something special too (even if I do prefer the bad ends for some reason).  Honestly, Ilya was indeed the biggest sticking point for me.  I wanted to save her so badly I could have punched Nasu in the sternum.

THIS is in your 60th place in your heart? I can't imagine what kind of epic is in your 10th or even 30th place in your heart, lol.

Btw, I'm reading F/SN too, almost done with the Fate route.

I liked UBW the most followed by Fate. I didnt like HF because of how shirou's attitude completely changes in that route.

He turns in a person who only thinks about Sakura and not about all his ideals which were so heavily emphasized in UBW. Besides that HF definitely has a good plot and clears up a lot of loose ends about the working of Holy Grail War.

Heaven's Feel was my favourite route because of the different, darker atmosphere. The stuff I enjoy the most from Nasu is the dark, cruel world and interesting philosophy, not really the fight scenes themselves, or obsessive stat comparisons. The Fate route is my least favourite, mainly because of Saber and Shirou being annoying in their own ways, and the plot not getting interesting up until the last twist at the end.

Just read the Last Episode yesterday and I have to say, I really liked F/SN. It has a lot of flaws but I can mostly overlook them -  except Shirou, he really is annoying in at least the half of the entire VN. Damn, I don't want to know how often I yelled at my monitor in Fate route. After accepting his 'stupidity' as plot device he was at least bearable...
Fate wasn't that action packed and mostly linear but the overall atmosphere and Saber were really enjoyable. And that ending, I'm a sucker for these. UBW, what should I say? Great plot, greater Rin, best route overall IMHO. HF: Large parts were mostly mediocre because I couldn't like Sakura or Shirou in that route. The more epic plot and finale though compensated for that. LE: d'awwww, Saber.

Also, what is about the art of F/SN? I don't know what there is to complain about except maybe the resolution.

So to be clear. That is not a thing in the PC version. And there ARE only 3 routes, right?

Nope, the Fuwa version has the Realta Nua content from a patch.  It's the 18+ version with the Realta Nua content added in.  To see the true end you have to get all of the true and normal ends, and get every one of the 40 bad ends.  Quite a lot of effort.  Of course, you can just look it up on YouTube if you're lazy, but you should at least wait to see it.

Heaven's Feel was my favourite route because of the different, darker atmosphere. The stuff I enjoy the most from Nasu is the dark, cruel worth and interesting philosophy, not really the fight scenes themselves, or obsessive stat comparisons. The Fate route is my least favourite, mainly because of Saber and Shirou being annoying in their own ways, and the plot not getting interesting up until the last twist at the end.

Heaven's Feel was pretty fucked up.  Not saying it wasn't good, but man.  I thought parts of UBW were dark...ha.  Ha ha.  I didn't really mind the tone shift, since it was so well done, it was just a bit of a shock at how different it was.

Just read the Last Episode yesterday and I have to say, I really liked F/SN. It has a lot of flaws but I can mostly overlook them -  except Shirou, he really is annoying in at least the half of the entire VN. Damn, I don't want to know how often I yelled at my monitor in Fate route. After accepting his 'stupidity' as plot device he was at least bearable...

Fate wasn't that action packed and mostly linear but the overall atmosphere and Saber were really enjoyable. And that ending, I'm a sucker for these. UBW, what should I say? Great plot, greater Rin, best route overall IMHO. HF: Large parts were mostly mediocre because I couldn't like Sakura or Shirou in that route. The more epic plot and finale though compensated for that. LE: d'awwww, Saber.

Also, what is about the art of F/SN? I don't know what there is to complain about except maybe the resolution.

I know, right?  I think that Shirou was the largest flaw.  Not saying that protagonists have to fit a certain mold, but when a protagonist annoys you they're doing something wrong.  As for the art...it's not bad, it's just old.  I mean, it's from 2004, so I think it's pretty damn good for when it was released.

I liked UBW the most followed by Fate. I didnt like HF because of how shirou's attitude completely changes in that route.

He turns in a person who only thinks about Sakura and not about all his ideals which were so heavily emphasized in UBW. Besides that HF definitely has a good plot and clears up a lot of loose ends about the working of Holy Grail War.

That was the whole charm of HF, Shirou's growth and change. Although it's darker tone was a nice change of pace vs fate and ubw. ubw is still my favorite route though.

That was the whole charm of HF, Shirou's growth and change. Although it's darker tone was a nice change of pace vs fate and ubw. ubw is still my favorite route though.

I don't have any problem with the darker tone. But personally I didn't like the change in shirou, I doubt that it can be called as growth it was more like his personality completely changed.

In Fate, the faults in his ideals were shown. In UBW, he overcame those faults and accepted his fate. In HF though suddenly the ideals he had been focusing through the last 2 routes were suddenly cast aside, which I didnt like.

I don't have any problem with the darker tone. But personally I didn't like the change in shirou, I doubt that it can be called as growth it was more like his personality completely changed.

In Fate, the faults in his ideals were shown. In UBW, he overcame those faults and accepted his fate. In HF though suddenly the ideals he had been focusing through the last 2 routes were suddenly cast aside, which I didnt like.

In UBW his ideals weren't really overcome, in fact he could still become Archer in UBW, however in HF is where he truly understands that he cannot save everyone and that if he truly cares for someone that he must protect, he must give his everything to that person even going as far to harm others. Also his ideal, heroic spirit Emyia, is more likely to come from HF than any other route, Nasu said so himself, although for that to happen he has to choose to kill sakura, or something similar to that. It also coincides with the Ilyia route that was supposed to branch of in that choice.

In UBW his ideals weren't really overcome, in fact he could still become Archer in UBW, however in HF is where he truly understands that he cannot save everyone and that if he truly cares for someone that he must protect, he must give his everything to that person even going as far to harm others. Also his ideal, heroic spirit Emyia, is more likely to come from HF than any other route, Nasu said so himself, although for that to happen he has to choose to kill sakura, or something similar to that. It also coincides with the Ilyia route that was supposed to branch of in that choice.

Yeah, but I still didnt like the sudden change of attitude which made the last two routes seem meaningless.

I will probably stop of UBW and not do HF.

Got to finish it now. Plus, there is a Realta Nua patch for the PC version, just google it. It adds some minor changes, new scenes.....ect. I'd go ahead and finish it as is, though, then maybe replay with Realta Nua. The sex scenes are in the newer Realta Nua patches for PC.

I can't say anything without spoiling things, but if that pisses you off that much, just watch the Realta Nua content.  I'd advocate for unlocking it through 100% completion, but if you're lazy just search for it on YouTube.  That's what I did.

And it was mentioned that said content is in the fuwa version?

And it was mentioned that said content is in the fuwa version?

That it is, but only if you complete every route and get every ending to every route.  I've also heard that you have to complete all of the Tiger Dojos (get every single bad end) to see it, but I've seen conflicting posts regarding that.  It's quite a daunting task, but the brief bit of content it shows is almost worth all of the time you have to sink into it to unlock it.  Again, I was lazy and just looked up a video of someone else reading through it, so...I'm a bit of a hypocrite.  I'd honestly recommend waiting and legitimately unlocking it, but I understand if you're not that patient.