First time reading Fate Stay

Dark Ariel7

The art has kept me away for sooo long but I finally gave in. I regret nothing. I have been reading it for about 2 or 3 days. It is awesome. The only thing that is just killing me inside is that Illya does not have a route. My favorite character is never a main character. I have the worst luck in that regard. It is the reason I stopped Yume Miru no Kusuri halfway. I really wanted a little sister route. I am amping myself up for the new Unlimited Blade Works anime preview on Sunday.

UBW is commonly thought of as the best route.  I agree with that, it's really epic and well done, so hopefully the anime will be the same.  I have to say, though, Shirou's personality really irritated me.  Wasn't enough to ruin the game for me, but sometimes I just wanted to backhand him and yell, "Saber is a Servant, she's SUPPOSED to fight!"

Ariel you also started at a great time, since the sequel F/HA just had it's beta release with 100% translated and validated text, only some minor QCing left. But F/SN is a really awesome VN with a very rich world, if you can look past an older art(since, well, it is old) try Tsukihime, it's also made by type-moon and although both stories are completely unrelated it's events happen in the same world, since all of Type-moon's works revolve around the same world, commonly referred to by fans as Nasu-verse. For me even though I regard Grisaia as my favorite VN, I still think F/SN can't be beaten in terms of overall plot. Also, All Hail Tohsaka Rin, the best tsundere ever.

Fate was my favorite as was Saber. UBW was entertaining and HF's ending was a cinematic experience. However, I still drudged through both of them only to see Fate's true ending.

I can't say I like Saber anywhere else without getting violently abused on the web though. 

That depends, I for one believe every heroine has their merits and we are all different beings so I can accept people having saber, or any other heroine for that matter, as their favorite. Nowadays that discussion about F/SN has died down a bit.

I actually kinda liked the art. It was dated, for sure, but it had a certain charm for me. Glad you didn't let it keep you from reading it though, it's really awesome. I'd say HF was my favorite, but I really didn't like how it ended. And while Sakura may be my favorite heroine, I considered the romance between Rin and Shirou to be the best in UBW. UBW had a more ideal story going for it, but I preferred HF because the epic scenes were far more enticing.

That depends, I for one believe every heroine as their merits and we are all different beings so I can accept people having saber, or any other heroine for that matter, as their favorite. Nowadays that discussion about F/SN has died down a bit.

It is well and alive again with the ressurection from UFOTABLE. Why, just a month ago, a Fate/SN thread elsewhere (*cough*animesuki*cough*) was shut down because I suggested a movie be made about Saber :D

So far I have yet to finish the first route. The first sex scene caught me out of nowhere. I actually like it even with the weird art. Is it weird that the best part for me was the off-scene Rin? I thought that was just the best thing ever.  But I am I misunderstanding or are you guys saying that people hate Saber? Because that makes zero sense.

I thought I hit a bad ending when Gilgamesh showed up for the second time but it seems I am safe. For now...

No, you'll know when you hit a bad ending.  Shirou almost always quickly dies if you pick the wrong choice.  I just started laughing after the first one, they're hilarious  xD  The Tiger Dojos are pure gold.  There's a total of 40 bad ends you can reach, that is if you pick a wrong choice or use a walkthrough to try and get 100% completion.

The sex scenes are always so awkward at the beginning . They com out of nowhere and the voives suddenly just cut off. I like them though.

Looks like I'm missing out.

Funny, this is the exact same reason I haven't read F/SN yet  :P 

I'll get to it. Eventually.

That is something you get over eventually on your own. People told me it was so good. I watched fate zero and was pretty much forced to play after that. It still took me a while to get over it.

I enjoyed heavens feel the most. I think that the general public has agreed that either ubw or hf is the best route. While reading though I had the habit of going through the stats of the servants every few minutes to see if anything changes. :P

I enjoyed heavens feel the most. I think that the general public has agreed that either ubw or hf is the best route. While reading though I had the habit of going through the stats of the servants every few minutes to see if anything changes. :P

I think HF was the best written, while UBW made for a decent action story. I just never saw the appeal of Archer's character. His design is campy and cheesy to me. Not to mention, he used to be an awkward orange haired kid.

Fate was just fate to me. Love makes even the ugliest people pretty. 

Fate was my favorite as was Saber. UBW was entertaining and HF's ending was a cinematic experience. However, I still drudged through both of them only to see Fate's true ending.

I can't say I like Saber anywhere else without getting violently abused on the web though. 

Fate's true ending? I thought there were only 3 routes? Or am I missing something?