Recent (Japanese) Things You Have Purchased

Tatsujin

I just ordered these for work. They're about $800, made by Mizutani - one of the oldest and best shear makers in the world. Japanese steel making in the shear world is number 1. All the techniques they learned to make Katanas using piss poor metal paid off now that they have access to high quality metal. 

_2__34490.1405335196.1000.1200.jpg?c=2

I just ordered these for work. They're about $800, made by Mizutani - one of the oldest and best shear makers in the world. Japanese steel making in the shear world is number 1. All the techniques they learned to make Katanas using piss poor metal paid off now that they have access to high quality metal. 

What kind of work do you do that necessitates $800 scissors?

I'm a hairdresser believe it or not lol. I charge anywhere from $25-$125 for a haircut so in return I need high quality metal to create fine work for my customers. I used to use low quality scissors that would last me for a very short time but also created a lot of split ends on hair. Imagine the pattern you would get using a butter knife to cut through a sheet of paper compared to a razor slicing through. These will be my back up pair by the way.

I'm a hairdresser believe it or not lol. I charge anywhere from $25-$125 for a haircut so in return I need high quality metal to create fine work for my customers. I used to use low quality scissors that would last me for a very short time but created a lot of split ends on hair. Imagine the pattern you would get using a butter knife to cut through a sheet of paper compared to a razor slicing through. These will be my back up pair by the way.

Leave it to me to miss the most obvious answer. Shows how long it's been since I've gotten a haircut.

also

1260153_1375825153788_full.jpg

Ded pic

Disposable chopsticks.

Well, I actually pinched a few pairs from a Japanese restaurant I went to earlier today - #livingontheedge

Whenever i eat in sushi place, i will take two or more chopsticks. Man.....they r awesome.

but some sushi place in city somehow got shorter chopstick than sushi place in Suburb like Hawthorn for example.

back to subject even though i have my own Personal chopstick rite now i`m still keep takin those extra chopsticks.

Got my Saber Alter figurine, which was mildly amusing because we're in the middle of a Pineapple Express storm.  Please excuse the terrible picture quality, I couldn't find my camera and had to use my iPod Touch's horrible built-in camera.

769c42a7e8.JPG

53f42e6731.JPG

That thing was a pain to customize, the shoulders and arms keep popping off  >.>  It looks great, though.  Sometime I'm going to have to go and just make her hold Excalibur with two hands, because the one-handed grip just looks meh.

I hate to say this but, just saw a Saber Alter you got for 11.95 + free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nendoroid-363-Saber-Alter-Super-Movable-Ed-Fate-Stay-Night-Anime-Figure-Japan-/291319681119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d401905f

I just got a $10 coupon for having a seller account on ebay so I just bought this from the same seller for $11.95

$_12.JPG

I hate to say this but, just saw a Saber Alter you got for 11.95 + free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nendoroid-363-Saber-Alter-Super-Movable-Ed-Fate-Stay-Night-Anime-Figure-Japan-/291319681119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d401905f

I just got a $10 coupon for having a seller account on ebay so I just bought this from the same seller for $11.95

$_12.JPG

Everything's made in China these days. Don't get fooled by the shipping.

I checked the actual site, and it normally costs ~$50, so that's either a knockoff or a scam.  That's actually why I don't use eBay, a lot of people I know got scammed by seemingly legitimate sellers.  Not saying the whole site is bad, it's just...I don't really trust eBay anymore  -_-