Yosuga no Sora VN Comparison with Anime.

RuneKazuma

If any of you have seen the anime and played the visual novel, i would like to know what you thought about the changes between the two. There were some noticeable differences like the Haruka not being able to swim and the door seen in the anime was way more intense. I was just curious if anyone thought these differences were a bother. Also what was your favorite route? Mine was Sora's.

I loved both the visual novel and the anime. They cut off a bit of the plot as well as failed to fully convey Sora's character in the anime

how she describes her feelings during the time at the hospital and how she doesn't even remember anyone's name but Haru's and refers to everyone as "that person" in her mind

but its understandable, since it's only 12 episodes.

Well, not all the routes were good, but Kazuha's route had a pretty original and interesting plot and Sora's route had (obviously) the main heroine. Even though I spoiled the other VN routes through the anime, I'm still looking forward to them, especially Motoka route.

If you guys call this VN boring, look at Da Capo and Shuffle that everyone loves so much. They couldn't be any closer to being "boring".

I loved both the visual novel and the anime. They cut off a bit of the plot as well as failed to fully convey Sora's character in the anime

how she describes her feelings during the time at the hospital and how she doesn't even remember anyone's name but Haru's and refers to everyone as "that person" in her mind

Well, not all the routes were good, but Kazuha's route had a pretty original and interesting plot and Sora's route had (obviously) the main heroine. Even though I spoiled the other VN routes through the anime, I'm still looking forward to them, especially Motoka route.

If you guys call this VN boring, look at Da Capo and Shuffle that everyone loves so much. They couldn't be any closer to being "boring".

I don't know about Da Capo but Shuffle VN was really bad, I will never understand why people like it unless the other two are better I only had read an original,  Anime ver was great true.

Shuffle felt like a disjointed mess. I didn't like it very much. But its setting and attempts at humor were at least a bit more interesting. Da Capo 1 was also really boring, yeah. DC2 was quite a bit better but still not exactly great, at least I liked it more than YnS. Just everything about Yosuga no Sora felt dull to me. The character interactions, the humor, the drama, even the art. Maybe because I was reading the fan translation. The writing is really dry.

Sora's route is one of the best twincest routes I've ever read, the anime is there just to tell you "look, there's a cute twin sister you can go after in the VN".

I've only read one more route except Sora's and it sucked, so the whole game is definitely for the sake of Sora :)

I finished Sora's route in the VN.  I liked the scenes with Sora, but I found the common route and scenes with other characters really boring.  I started playing Kazuha's route and just lost interest; I ended up finding a save file so I could skip right to Sora's route.  Although I liked Sora's route overall, I found the drama to be too over-the-top to be credulous--Sora goes through emotional changes that are extreme and happen very rapidly.  That said, there's really not a whole lot of VNs that focus on the incest theme together with the taboo element like Yosuga no Sora does.  Kana Little Sister is the only other incest-themed VN that comes to mind that can compete with Yosuga no Sora.

Although I liked Sora's route overall, I found the drama to be too over-the-top to be credulous--Sora goes through emotional changes that are extreme and happen very rapidly.

I don't know what you mean. Sora was like that from the start and never changed one bit throughout the whole story.

Sora socially withdraws to the point of being a shut-in and develops a pathological obsession with Haru--pretty much starting at the point that she's encouraged by the priest girl (after a baseball game if I remember correctly?).  

She becomes progressively worse to the point of becoming suicidal.

The Sora in the common route is very different from the Sora in Sora's route.

The VN doesn't do the greatest job handling this transformation.  I felt it needed greater development, and perhaps greater stressors or underlying problems to justify the extreme circumstances that result.  

Haru's change of heart towards Sora also seemed sudden and felt pretty weakly motivated, as if he was just caving to her feelings rather than having actual feelings of his own.

She was a shut-in and obsessed with him all along.

What actually changed her was her childhood spent in the hospital, Akira's words simply encouraged her to start trying to get Haru's attention or something of the sort.

The reason she becomes suicidal is that she simply couldn't stand going back to being normal siblings after all that happened?

I agree about the Haru's feelings part, but you get that in practically every VN with more than one heroine, don't you?

As soon as she starts trying to get Haru's attention, she begins ignoring everyone else.  It's a pretty stark change in attitude.  Prior to that she gets along with the other characters for the most part.  

After that, it's just "Haru is the only one in my world who matters".

I haven't yet read a VN, but I loved the anime. And offcourse my favorite route was Sora's, it's the reason why I liked the anime in a first place.

I agree. My opinion of the VN was mainly that it was way too cliche when it comes to VNs. Sora is the only character I found remotely interesting because of her obsession with Haru. If I were to do the series any justice it would be if you liked the anime then the VN doesn't portray the story and character personality as well as the anime does, and in my opinion the art style looks a little more sophisticated to fit the drama well. If your like me and liked the series then playing the VN would not satisfy you any more than the anime would.

I'm looking forward to her route too. When I watched her fantasizing shorts at the end of each of the episodes I couldn't help but be interested in her route. The anime didn't portray any character development or back story for her. I'm not sure if Kazuha's route did or not either, but I'm very curious to see what the route will be like when I play it.

I haven't yet read a VN, but I loved the anime. And offcourse my favorite route was Sora's, it's the reason why I liked the anime in a first place.

Yeah I agree. The VN goes into a bit more depth in-detail than the Anime. So I recommend it for fans of the genre or the series itself.