Salt Appreciation Thread

Salt

NaCl

Halit-Kristalle.jpg

We should all be thankful for Salt. It keeps us alive, especially as a source of iodine which prevents some pretty nasty illnesses, like the one where your neck becomes a giant balloon. Salt is used as a food flavoring to provide that extra bit of taste. Salt can also be used to melt ice, and slugs. If you really hate someone, pour salt in their yard and watch as every living plant dies. Ancient cultures would salt the lands of their enemies to make sure that no one would ever live there again.

So lets give it up for salt!

Salt

NaCl

Halit-Kristalle.jpg

We should all be thankful for Salt. It keeps us alive, especially as a source of iodine which prevents some pretty nasty illnesses, like the one where your neck becomes a giant balloon. Salt is used as a food flavoring to provide that extra bit of taste. Salt can also be used to melt ice, and slugs. If you really hate someone, pour salt in their yard and watch as every living plant dies. Ancient cultures would salt the lands of their enemies to make sure that no one would ever live there again.

So lets give it up for salt!

Given our last discussion, why doget the feeling that this is a self-appreciation thread in disguise, Mr. Salty?

Also... It's iodine that prevents goiters, not salt.

But I totally said that. I read an article about them one day and saw some ew pictures. 

Questioning salt is questioning life. Life came from the salt of the Earth... I think thats how it goes. 

Did I really come from the salt of the earth? I think I rose from the ocean standing on a seashell. :P

Salt is important and without salt or its core components there'd be tons of problems it our bodies.

However too much salt is unhealthy, so be careful to always regulate the amount you eat.

2vagx5A.jpg

>Be 13 years old at school

>First day of sun over the winter

>Teacher decides to celebrate by making sweet buns for all of us

>We wait impatiently

>Teacher finally comes out with the buns in a basket

>They're so warm to the touch and my taste buds can't wait to have at the sweet deliciousness

>Bring bun up to the mouth and take a solid bite

>A strong salty taste reaches my tongue

>Chew up and swallow

>"wtf"

>Suddenly every student is spitting it out and yelling

>Teacher apologizes for accidentally replacing the sugar with salt

>In the end I was the only one who ate it up regardless

>It was salty

>But I did it for the salt

>Salt is love

>Salt is life