Summer 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

The problem with this second season is probably going to be that they're not adapting 4 volumes like the first season but 3 (Phantom Bullet + Mother's Rosario) which will mean they're going to needlessly stretch stuff across a 24 episode span.

Episode 2 is living proof that they're needlessly stretching stuff. There was no need for an entire episode about how Sinon took down a couple guys and then tease us at the end with some plot and finish it off in a cliffhanger. They could have easily introduced her and killed off those guys in 15 mins or less and then proceeded to giving us some story, but they didn't.

If you want people to get into a series you need to captivate them with something. I don't think it's okay to give people several episodes of nothing and then give them plot and interesting stuff. Fillers are okay if they're placed properly within the series, but if you put a filler right at the beginning how am i supposed to be interested? It's an underwhelming feeling that I can't shake off. 

When I say i'm bored it's because the series didn't captivate me, I don't think it's a problem with me, the series is not giving me anything so how am i supposed to feel. I want to like SAO but SAO is not giving me something to like.  

I didn't hate the first season of SAO, I don't think it's the masterpiece a lot of people make it out to be, but despite its clichés and bad MCs the series was still flashy and did have some elements to grasp you from the beginning.

Season 2 failed to do this so far.

Now okay they're just 2 episodes, for some people this is excusable, sure I can accept that and I wholeheartedly believe it'll get some better scenes later on, but that doesn't mean i have to feel excited for random filler early on.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I made my post, the episode was just way too slow paced.

Watched the first episode of Fate/kaleid liner Prisms Illys 2wei and the fun is bad :) And I loved the first episode of Rokujouma, hoping I keep liking it as it goes on. Magimoji Rurumo was kinda slow, but the loli was overly cute. She's reason enough to watch it.

Am I the only one that thinks the protagonist in Aldnoah.Zero lacks emotions?

He hasn't had any sort of fitting reaction to the aliens invading or his friend dying.

He also doesn't seem to be afraid to get into battle.

I think this guy is hiding something.

It seems that they decided to crop parts of the manga in Akame ga Kill. It's a bit of a shame but at the same time they're not really cutting super important stuff so this means there's a chance the anime will get to the best parts which is good.

Episode 2 was made out of the first half of chapter 2 and chapter 3 so we can assume it's 2 chapters per episode now.

I was thinking Mein's voice might not be fitting but I liked her voice after all, she's still best girl.<3

Can't wait to see more of her next episode.

And I refuse to accept most part of the character naming. I will never write Mein's name as "Mine".

The protagonist from Akame really seems to be one of the good ones. He is funny and reacts well to the situations around him but is not a weakling. In other words he has balls.

He definintely has guts and stands up for himself, sadly his skills are often overpowered but he learns from his mistakes quickly and usually pulls through.

He hasn't had any sort of fitting reaction to the aliens invading or his friend dying.

He also doesn't seem to be afraid to get into battle.

I think this guy is hiding something.

Pretty sure he's hiding something too. I'm really liking it so far, though.

So the second episode of Akame ga KILL makes me really want to read the manga. So does Ao Haru Ride, only problem is once I read the manga if the anime matches up to it it will feel like I am watching the same thing I read then I get bored :/ 

Rail Wars! caught me by surprise though. I did not expect me to like it this much but now I can't wait for the next episode. 

Aldnoah.Zero is actually a lot more interesting than I was expecting as well.

So the second episode of Akame ga KILL makes me really want to read the manga. So does Ao Haru Ride, only problem is once I read the manga if the anime matches up to it it will feel like I am watching the same thing I read then I get bored :/ 

Assuming it's going at the rate of 2 chapters per episode 3 the anime will end around chapter 40~esh and I think I can predict where they will end it.

There are currently 50 chapters out there and it wouldn't make sense for them to start and adapting stuff like chapter 45 onwards because that's when a new arc kind of starts.

My best prediction, assuming this rate of chapter adaptation is that they'll end it at chapter 43 because that's where a major arc ends and a new one begins.

And for your information the anime is cutting stuff from the manga.

So by reading the manga you're getting all the content in all of its glory, you're getting all the gore because the anime is censoring it slightly, and you'll be ahead of the anime in the end because there's no way the anime will go to chapter 50, if it does then they'll have to remove entire arcs from the manga and at that point reading the manga just becomes more worth it regardless.

I'm enjoying the anime a LOT and i've read the manga up to the latest chapter, there's nothing to be afraid, just think of it as an alternative version.

Assuming it's going at the rate of 2 chapters per episode, right now the anime is in chapter 3 and it's cutting stuff from the manga just for your information.

But assuming this rate, the anime will end around chapter 40~esh and I think I can predict where they will end it.

There are currently 50 chapters out there and it wouldn't make sense for them to start and adapting stuff like chapter 45 onwards because that's when a new arc kind of starts.

My best prediction, assuming this rate of chapter adaptation is that they'll end it at chapter 43 because it's that's where a major arc ends and a new one begins.

Might as well read the manga then and see if I can watch the anime with out being bored. The first two episodes got me so pumped I don't want to wait for more.

Might as well read the manga then and see if I can watch the anime with out being bored. The first two episodes got me so pumped I don't' want to wait for more.

I couldn't resist reading the manga after 1 single episode.

Worth it, read it all in 2 days, would do it again, jumped to my all time favorite manga, MEIN BEST GIRL.

There are very mixed opinions about this character. Some people go as far to say that she is the worst character of the series. For me she is just your classic tsundere, nothing special there. 

As usual with every tsundere ever there's always mixed opinions. I hate a lot of tsunderes and like a lot of tsunderes.

I just liked Mein from the start. Sometimes you connect with characters, sometimes you don't, this is one of those cases.

Yes she is a tsundere but she has a lot more character development later on, particularly  in the latest chapters.

I don't know if you noticed but only Akame, Tatsumi and Mein are listed as main characters in the series so Mein really is a relevant character.

I think Mein is pure cuteness, I can't help but lover her. I think I have a thing for heroines dressed in pink to be honest. I remember being obsessed with Nonon from Kill la Kill as well.

Tastes are tastes I guess.

God, I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one. Looking back on previous seasons, I could tell this would be the kind of show that I'd never be able to anticipate, I'd have a hard time keeping up-to-date with each episode, and I wouldn't be able to enjoy the plot due to my lack of attention to it (plot anime can really suck when they aren't consistently engaging). It took me 12 minutes to realize that this wouldn't be my kind of anime, so I decided to drop it.

Unlike most people, I actually don't follow the 3-episode rule. ^^ Yeah, I've taken an extreme turn from never dropping anime to dropping it halfway through the first episode, lol. Guess my patience with anime really has run thin. ._.

I'm almost sure it is, but is this the girl you're talking about? MAL naming in general can sometimes not match up with the proper spelling, but just to make sure. I like tsunderes as long as they're cute and not repetitive. :3 I'll be watching the latest episode of AgK now. :D

Yes that's the girl I'm talking about.

I prefer spelling her name as Mein because I believe her name was meant to be kind of german and Mein is a german word that sounds exactly like "Mine".

The spelling "Mine" is just a different interpretation of the katakana in her name.

The literal transcription of the kanas in her name into romanji is "Main" (pronounced just like "Mine") but like I said I believe the intention was for it to be like "Mein" in German. If you notice there's several names in AgK that have germanic origins, hence my reasoning to spell her name as "Mein".

Katakana is too complicated.

Regardless Mein is a top of the class badass girl that can shoot your brains off. And she's an adorable tsundere on top of that.

Rail Wars. The only thing bothering me at this point is, why does everyone start off as security? It really seems pointless. If he wanted to be an engineer why would they put him in security first?

Just my reasons and thoughts

• The official title is Rail Wars! Nihon Kokuyuu Tetsudou Kouantai which translate to Rail Wars! Japanese National Railways Security Force
  • The light novel is currently at 8 volumes, however as far as I've heard, the series will be 12 episodes.
  • Because of the short length and title, I expect the series to remain in the security portion
  • I also think the show will have a high school-like slice of life interaction between the characters and the typical romance hints between Aoi, Naoto and Haruka. Throw in some action and light fanservice.

Glasslip - None of the characters are that appealing to me. Thus far, the drama feels a little forced. And I need to see how the supernatural aspect will fall into this.

Yanagi and Yukinari are stepsiblings, the yuri vibe from Sachi and the this love polygon.

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance surprised me a bit. I thought it'd be more bland than this.

Of course the setting is still 1 guy in a school full of girls as usual in these harems.

What surprised me the most was really the protagonist, so far he did not act like a typical harem wimp which is great.

There's still a lot of cliché situations but he has handled them like a proper male character thus far.

I mean it's not everyday you see a harem protag actually teasing the main girl full of confidence.

The main girl is cute in her own right, still a tsundere but that much I expected. Reminds me of Louise from Zero no Tsukaima.

I think that's the reason why i didn't dislike it, because Zero no Tsukaima is an anime that has a lot of nostalgia value for me so this brought up some of that nostalgia.

The girls I saw in the OP all looked pretty cute so there's that too adding to the enjoyment.

I don't have super high expectations but I'm happy that it didn't flat out disappoint me.