Summer 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance surprised me a bit. I thought it'd be more bland than this.

Of course the setting is still 1 guy in a school full of girls as usual in these harems.

What surprised me the most was really the protagonist, so far he did not act like a typical harem wimp which is great.

There's still a lot of cliché situations but he has handled them like a proper male character thus far.

I mean it's not everyday you see a harem protag actually teasing the main girl full of confidence.

The main girl is cute in her own right, still a tsundere but that much I expected. Reminds me of Louise from Zero no Tsukaima.

I think that's the reason why i didn't dislike it, because Zero no Tsukaima is an anime that has a lot of nostalgia value for me so this brought up some of that nostalgia.

The girls I saw in the OP all looked pretty cute so there's that too adding to the enjoyment.

I don't have super high expectations but I'm happy that it didn't flat out disappoint me.

I read the light novels. It really has a very interesting plot.

Seriously... I'm not sure I can handle Ao Haru Ride. Like... IT'S TOO CLICHE!!! It would take forever if I were to explain in detail how cliche this shoujo is, but it's easier if you watch. I mean... it's so predictable! You can very easily guess what's going to happen next. I hope they change it a bit, or I'm going to end up dropping it. -_-

So far the plot didn't surprise me too much and it felt a bit rushed, but it was mildly enjoyable so i have no major issues with it thus far. Hopefully they don't disappoint in the end.

Hmm. I have not seen the first episode yet. They may indeed be rushing it. I simple said that in regards to the LN.

Cliche aren't what's bad. Poorly used cliches are what sucks.

I mean nowadays it's hard to even find an original concept.

I found Kanojo ga Flag wa Oraretara a pretty original concept, but I am a little new to the otaku world :P

And I really like Ao Haru Ride, but I tend to enjoy shoujo romances in general.

Kanojo ga flag was as unoriginal as it was confusing and poorly executed. Bland uninteresting characters, ridiculous plot devices and just didn't manage to make things connect properly, it wanted to be too much and ended up failing twice as hard.

pretty much this. It was random. Not to be confused with original. I liked it enough to watch it casually but it was hardly original. I have yet to even finish watching the last episode.

So far the highlight of the season for me is Zankyou no Terror, even though we've only seen one episode so far. I'm really interested in seeing where they go from there. Psychopathic main characters are always hard to do right, but I have a feeling that the girl is secretly the actual protagonist.  Sabagebu surprised me, I was expecting it to be much worse than it was. Kind of amusing that they turned a shoujo manga into some fanservicey shounen anime but I guess that's not all that uncommon. The humor is solid and I like how aggressive the main character is.  Any show willing to break the fourth wall that often is okay by me. Another surprise show for me is Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. At first I was kind of baffled by it but then I discovered that it's an adaptation of a 4-koma gag manga and altered my expectations. Embrace the stupid. 

Tokyo Ghoul is meh. It just failed to grab me I guess. I don't even care about the censorship, as I doubt it would really be enhanced that much by it. I haven't tried Akame ga Kill but I disliked the manga and I heard the anime isn't any better. It's almost comical how it constantly tried to one-up itself without really providing anything of substance. I'm going to give Argevollen and Aldnoah a shot, although I'm not really big on mecha. SAO2: lol, no.

Kanojo ga flag was as unoriginal as it was confusing and poorly executed. Bland uninteresting characters, ridiculous plot devices and just didn't manage to make things connect properly, it wanted to be too much and ended up failing twice as hard.

I specifically meant the flag viewing and breaking ability, not the plot itself. I haven't even finished it yet, still have 5 episodes to go.

I hear a bunch of people liking Sabagebu but I thought it was like 90% shit, with that 10% being sa few good comedy moments. I really liked the first episode of Blade Dance, first episode of Aldnoah was good but didn't have time to watch the second, I'm an Akame ga Kill fan, and I found Locodol very enjoyable.

Sabagebu is just pure stupidity. I enjoy every bit of it. I was afraid it'd turn out like this one particular anome that gave me nightmares over how bad it was, but thank god it turned out to be a gag anime.

Urara still best girl.

I just don't do good with pure stupidity. And I hope you aren't referencing C3-bu. God that turned out awful in my eyes.

Franscesca was.. *sigh* an eyesore. That animation was so appalling. I knew it was bad from the pvs but 10 minutes of it really showcases how bad it is.

But of course my love for idols had to make me watch it.

Jinsei is alright, it's clear to me nothing is really going to go on aside from some gag and slapstick comedy. It's alright i guess, i like the character's different personalities and see how they formulate their arguments based on themselves.