Most tear-jerking moments in anime

Nagisa_Fawkes

Don't worry, I know about the Saddest Moments thread. But we all know that tear-jerking does not mean only sad, it could also be a very happy/beatiful moment that brought you to tears. So I bring my top three, in crescent order of tear-jerking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeCuu-LOHQY

I know the Little Busters anime adaptation sucked, but this moment still brought me to tears (although Riki saying I love you was a bit awkward).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SGR2IrAPO8

At first I was sobbing because I thought Fuuko had died here, now I know the truth, but end up tearing up anyway (and that music doesn't help~~).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Okay, this is a punch to my kidney. The closest I came to sobbing was on this scene, with Ushio crying in the field in her papa's arms  :(.

In Clannad, when Ushio and her dad reconciled. That one gets me every time.

In Kami Nomi, the last episode of season 3, Chihiro's song just broke my heart. Still glad i read the manga after.

A lot of arcs in Kobato and even the ending made me tear. Such an underrated show <3

I don't have a video, but the scene in Gosick when...

~major spoilers~

Kujo went to war, and in the middle of the war, some stones fell above him. I cried so freaking much, thinking he was dead. And in the end, I cried even more when they got reunited <3

I don't have a video, but the scene in Gosick when...

~major spoilers~

Kujo went to war, and in the middle of the war, some stones fell above him. I cried so freaking much, thinking he was dead. And in the end, I cried even more when they got reunited <3

Oh man, this.

Also, "Aria the Origination" got me pretty good when..

Alice graduated

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, when Ed faces Al's body in the Truth and as he was being pulled out by the darkness, he kicks the door back open to promise Al he'd bring him back. It wasn't sad or joyful, I just teared up because it was an amazing, amazing scene. Was that a spoiler? I don't think so. I hope not.

Code Geass R2: Lelouch of the Rebellion, the ending ("I destroyed the world" scene). One of my favorite endings of all time.

Angel beats the rocket scene.

tumblr_lmt9l2cYuy1qasd21.gif

Gold.

I'm a crybaby, so I'll just list a few of many that haven't been listed :P

ef - a tale of memories

Idolmaster - episode 20 (This one always gets me, one of my all time favorite anime scenes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUJGqbS3WsU

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! (No video)

The scene they explain to Hina about her parents

Chuunibyou Season 2

Noticed I forgot the video in ef a tale of memories, edited in :P

Edited by Ceris

This, and basically every episode in The Origination.

Also, Hidamari Sketch,

Hiro and Sae' graduation. And other moments too.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on "Aria the Origination". If you haven't yet, check out the "Aria Arietta".

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on "Aria the Origination". If you haven't yet, check out the "Aria Arietta".

I've seen it. But The Origination was really the peak, it was incredible. Some episodes in The Natural were really really excellent too.

Aria is basically one of my favorite slice of life with Hidamari Sketch and some magical-girl shows.

Speaking of which, Smile Precure got me several times:

with episodes like Yayoi's dad or Nao's last focus episode with her family... And several other really great moments.

As for Sad moments: Clannad: After Story wins by default. I cried so much I had to stop that certain chapter and leave to get some air, because I couldn't even see thanks to the tears xD 

Anohana and Angel Beats too made me cry, not as much, but they did.

As for joyful/happy/etc: Nichijou made me cry of laughter every single chapter, and Clannad + After Story had some moving scenes that made me teary eyed too. 

I had a few more, but power went down and I lost what I had written, so these will do for now :c

I've seen it. But The Origination was really the peak, it was incredible. Some episodes in The Natural were really really excellent too.

Aria is basically one of my favorite slice of life with Hidamari Sketch and some magical-girl shows.

Speaking of which, Smile Precure got me several times:

with episodes like Yayoi's dad or Nao's last focus episode with her family... And several other really great moments.

Oh, certainly. "Aria the Origination" was easily the peak and IMO may never get topped in terms of slice of life quality. 

The ending of Code Geass made me cry... bawling.

But I think the most memorable tearful ending I seen was from Full Moon wo Sagashite. It's been a long time, but it was very heartfelt that I still recall it being the best. (Even though I don't remember the ending clearly anymore, I can still remember the feeling I had).

I remember 5 Centimeters Per Second being an emotional one. It's a beautifully written anime film, a that.

The ending could have gone one of two ways. It makes you happy that it went one way, while at the same time sad it didn't go the other way. An interesting one indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, aside from most Key adaptions, probably the greatest tearjerking moments I've witnessed in anime were from Railgun S and Geass R2.

For CG R2, just assume the obvious for what I consider the best tearjerker, lol.

For Railgun S, it'd be that scene on the bridge. That part was just wonderfully directed and the OST was perfect.

I can't exactly pin point when  that made me cry.

but Clannad after story.,

when i saw that madae me cry/

and Code Geass !!!

exactly in season 2.,

when lelouch plan to unify the country by pretending to be a villain, became the ruler of the vile
and a good friend who had been sent to kill him., 
when nunally realized him, she can only be sad and crying behavior brother
Edited by MDruidd

MDruidd, don't spoil it. I know that 95% of the internet knows how CG ends, but hide the details for the 5% that don't!

I remember a while back trying to avoid CG spoilers like the plague, but right when I got around to watching it, I ended up getting spoiled by someone I know who didn't even watch the anime.

haha, sorry, i will edit my post :)

Seeing as though this is a tear-jerking moment thread, has anyone come across a genuine happy tear jerking moment? Almost all of the ones people post are the sad ones or comedy.

Day break illusion 

when Ginga come back I don't really know why but I was very happy

^_^

Seeing as though this is a tear-jerking moment thread, has anyone come across a genuine happy tear jerking moment? Almost all of the ones people post are the sad ones or comedy.

Lots.

I mentioned Aria the Origination, most of the moments were happy ones

Like Alice's graduation. I had tears ready to flow the whole episode, and the end was a stream of water.

Most of what I mentioned in Smile Precure was very happy too.

There's also Fancy Lala, with episodes 12 and 24,

first one when she gets reunited with her family, second one the concert.