Grisaia no Meikyuu stalled for a while

Kaguya

This is actually news from one week ago, so I was surprised no one made a topic about it. Well, we'll still get it eventually, just not now, I guess.

http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Grisaia_no_Meikyuu

Looking at the bright side, Seinarukana is basically finished. We just have to wait some months until they got all the CDs and stuff going until release, I guess.

And the VN community may now cry. Good thing I still haven't read the first Grisaia.

Still sad that big projects seem to be getting stalled so much.

....Get out.

Well, he's working on another project, so I guess it's ok. I was way more excited about Seinarukana than Grisaia anyway, so recieving both news at the same time, I still feel really happy.

It is kind of a pity, though.

Well, looks like Mephisto and Ren will just have to stream the final 2 games of the trilogy. After Cocoro@Function, we will begin Meikyuu.

Really? This would be awesome. :D I am loving the cocoro@function stream so far.

Really? This would be awesome. :D I am loving the cocoro@function stream so far.

Meph is angry because he says he can read Meikyuu but can't English it. There is a reason I am there...if anything I might be able to convince him to do the main route of the game which in all honesty wouldn't take more than a week of streaming (3 days at most or a little more if anything). As for the after stories, I think waiting on those would be best anyways.

Probably won't happen for quite a while, part of the enjoyment of grisaia is the writing itself, which is why I don't want to touch it. Sure I get what's going on, but the sentences themselves actually matter due to how grisaia is written, and it's going to be quite a while before I can properly translate stuff like that. 

This is it, this is the final revelation. God send me a message to motivate me: "This is your opportunity to prove yourself that you can learn Japanese and read the rest of the Grisaia series."

I will sacrifice every part of my self being to accomplish this goal so that my soul can finally rest in peace.

KAZUUKIII I'M COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGG WAIT FOR MEEEE

Sucks about Meikyuu but it will still get done eventually and koestle is a man of good taste, so I'm sure whatever he's working on now is also good. I posted this a while back in the other Meikyuu thread here, I suspect that koestle is working on the Liar-Soft steampunk series with Mangagamer. It all lines up, with koestle recently making tweets about those games, Mangagamer making very strong hints that they picked those up, and saying they're working with a new translator on a franchise from a new partner, all at the same time as koestle making the announcement about making an official localization. A couple of them have already been translated by Amaterasu but apparently the translations aren't very good and there are a few games in the series that aren't translated yet.

I don't think the translation of those games was half bad, actually. Both Inganock and Sharnoth had a good translation, even if not perfect. If he is picking the steampunk games, hopefully he'll tl one of the non-translated ones. Of course, this is all a guess.

Well, koestle himself pretty much said that the Inganock translation was so bad that Amaterasu shouldn't have even released it because it did the game such a disservice. After he reread it in Japanese, he said his appreciation for the game went up quite a bit.  I enjoyed Inganock when I read it (I haven't played sharnoth yet) but I can't speak Japanese so I can't really say anything about the TL's accuracy.

~drama~