Nitro+/5pb games compared to steins;gate.

Sealsa

Ive only read the steins;gate VN of their product but, ive watched the animes for steins;gate, robotic;notes, and chaos;head.

Are the other VN's really lackluster compared to steins;gate just like the anime adaptions? If so i might aswell forget about playing the other VN's

If it really is lackluster, how could they pull off such an amazing VN(steins;gate) but, their other two are just ... Medicore. I have high hopes for chaos;child though.

Don't go by the anime. Nitro+ didn't make the anime, they might have funded it but they're not responsible for it.

Nitro+ didn't just make Steins;Gate as well.

There's Saya no Uta and Phenomeno for example which are rather good VNs. Particularly Saya no Uta always gets a lot of hype.

And come on who doesn't love their mascost Super Sonico who also happens to have her own novels.

9fS4V40.jpg

I didn't have too much issues with Chaos;Head. The pacing was great, IMO.

Robotics;Notes has like a three star average on Amazon.jp. I've seen the anime, and it was alright. I think people kept comparing it to Steins;Gate, which it's nothing like.

i think people compare the three science adventure series games because they all share the same universe and even characters. i know that mr braun's daughter is a main character in robotic notes (all grown up and hot looking to boot) and i believe a character from chaos head was involved in the steins gate 8 bit side story as well. i have no clue if chaos child will have the same connections as the others did but im positive it will share the same in game universe.

Chaos;Head went into some weird directions after the first half, which probably turned off a lot of people, but I enjoyed it a lot. Well, even I enjoyed the first half better, admittedly, because it had an awesome murder mystery/psycho-thriller atmosphere.

But as crazy as the plot got, I still liked it a lot. I might be a sucker for ridiculous things that hardly make any sense, but I loved the main twist involving the protagonist.

Saya no Uta (although I think 5pb. has nothing to do with this one?) is one of my all-time favourite VNs, so yeah, I loved it. :)

I could also add Dunamis15 and Disorder6, which are the opposite of Saya (5pb. but no Nitro+). It's said that they are somehow related to the X;Y VNs universe, but I think they honestly just said that to increase sales, since I didn't spot any connections while reading. That said, Dunamis15 is like a post-apocalyptic Higurashi with darker twists but weaker plot, and Disorder6... well, I really liked Disorder6, actually, but I think I enjoyed it much more than I should've. You see, the main heroine has an extreme case of split-personality disorder, and that makes the character so much fun... :D The story is basically a murder mystery with sci-fi mixed in. But it's mostly about the heroine who steals the show, as you can never be sure if she's your friend or a dangerous murderer - the fact that the MC has amnesia and is for some reason handcuffed to said crazy girl doesn't help at all. :)

Of course R;N a total failure, I couldnt even count the things they didnt animate and things they fail to animate. Not to mention they made it to Frau route first but suddernly hit the steer to the childhood friend. Talk about indecisive. 

As for Nitro+ itself, I like nearly all of em. Their VNs is what motivated me to start learning moonrunes (aka kanjis) seriously.

Only titles of their's that I've played are Saya No Uta and Chaos;Head.

Saya No Uta is a short (but sweet) horror/suspense story. Disgusting, shocking, and thought-provoking is how I would describe it. Pretty good, certaintly worth a read.

Chaos;Head is a suspenseful murder mystery with elements of horror. It starts off fantastic, and the pacing is pretty perfect until the last 1/3 of the story which feels completely rushed. The super-otaku main character is probably my favorite MC from anything. If you can excuse the subpar conclusion, you'll likely enjoy this.

I'm reading AXANAEL at the moment, and even though the pacing might be seen as too slow, I enjoy it a lot so far. It is a story about a deadly Russian roulette with a mystic gun that grants your wishes provided you survive the game. The story is told from the perspective of six characters, and you can freely pick from which point of view you want to read the story - it is segmented into pieces, and you have to read to a certain point with all of the characters to continue, so you end up switching perspectives a lot. A lot of the time is spent building up the characters and motivations, and they're quite interesting - from a psychopath yandere with a box cutter to a failing doujinshi artist, they each gain the motive eventually to pick up the gun, I imagine. :) Can't say how well it compares to the other VNs yet, as I haven't finished it, but there were nods to Steins;Gate already, and some plot points/crutches might be taken directly from Chaos;Head, which is awesome.

Guest hairybumslapper

Nitro+ VN's? Saya no Uta and Chaos;Head come to mind for me.

I would like see an anime adaptation of Saya no Uta, perhaps an OVA or story driven Hentai without the watered down censored Bullshit.

Demonbane; Saya no Uta; Hello, World, Phantom of Inferno; Soukou Akki Muramasa; and Jingai Makyou.

The list of VNs by Nitroplus  better than the science series.  Except for Muramasa, all the VNs by the main company made after Sumaga are second or third-rate.