What is the saddest VN moment that you experienced?

TridentScythe

Well, the title says it all really. Got a bit curious as to how sad VNs can get after getting Grisaia no Kajitsu and finishing both Amane and Makina bad ends and those who have seen Grisaia will know what I'm talking about.

For those who haven't seen it, click the spoiler link to find out what I'm talking about.

Amane's memories of what happened during the bus accident, how one by one the basketball team was afflicted by disease due to poor health conditions; how they broke the unspoken rules of 'being human' and became devils to survive. That part haunts me as is it true and has been true for some of real-life survival stories like Amane's

Actually, I do have one other sad VN moment from Soukoku no Arterial.

It was the Dream World scenario, where Shuuya and Atori became lovers when normally their relationship is at best platonic, and at worst mortal enemies. Near the end of the scenario, Shuuya must defeat Haagenti, the devil that will cause destruction by fusing everything in existence. However, by doing so, the dream world will end and so will the memories and feelings they have for each other as it was a love born from a dream.

So out of sheer curiosity, I ask you please remember the saddest possible moment that you experienced.I haven't put up a visual descriptor, (or rather I can't, my internet skills is way lower than a kid in high school) but when you do post something, could you please put a pic or a video to show your saddest VN moment.

:(

I have not seen Sengoku Rance so I must ask, is it a good VN? I have seen some people talk about in my other circles but have not bothered to check it out. But now, the flames of my interest is now burning!!  :blink:

As for that spoiler, the only two ways I can think of as to why that is a sad moment would; one, Sill is a very important person to Rance, or two, you yourself consider the loss of Sill a sad moment while Rance may not. Hmmm....

(Hehe, casually spoiling the spoiler. SPOILCEPTION! B))

I have two saddest moments I've run into in a VN... 

1.  Konata Yori Kanata Made

The entire game. The protagonist's battle with his knowledge of his imminent death from cancer and the temptation of Krys, the vampire who loves him. The way it describes how he covers up his suffering (in particular the graphic description of what the aftermath of chemotherapy is like). His death in Krys's ending is the most poignant, as she watches over him in his last moments, as he fades away.

2.  Evolimit

Evolimit.240.446044.jpgDmitri's standing death

Evolimit.240.446047.jpgEarthquake and Avalanche

Evolimit.600.446033.jpg

The final parting of the Calamity Monkeys, as Kou reunites with Chenfui (Kokoro), his little sister after death as Shiranui evolves beyond her to go with Shizuku to fight the final battle with Shannon Wordsworth.  Volcano, Avalanche, and Earthquake, having atoned for their sins by bringing Kou (Phantom Killer) back his humanity by sacrificing their lives by standing defenseless in front of him when he came hunting Shiranui.  Kou having atoned by fighting Shannon to the last to buy Shiranui and Shizuku the time they needed. 

Well for me it was White Album 2 

Everything related to Kazusa but it was when in coda , she is with haruki again at High School , in the room with the piano and she start to tell haruki everything , when she tell haruki even though she was the one who loved haruki first , who had haruki first kiss , who had sex with haruki first , she just wanted to be with haruki . Even though that she can't have him anymore .

Wasn't there a thread about this already? Pretty sure there was..

Well regardless.

Little Busters

When Kud returned. The feels

Hoshimemo

Asuho finally getting over her obsession about You not loving her. When she realised he loved her more than anything and broke in tears I also broke in tears

G-Senjou

So many moments. Each route has their own share of sadness.

Tsubaki always made me feel bad because she was so sweet and innocent and being toyed with by Maou made me feel so sorry for her.

Usami's past though~

Little bit of an odd visual novel moment here, but here it is regardless.

Ugi-ugi's death in Galaxy Angel and Vanilla's reaction. He was the best Space Rabbit I ever knew. *Salutes*

Another Galaxy Angel moment, having to shoot down Vanilla in Eternal Lovers. Surprisingly harsh for such a game.

Hoshimemo

Asuho finally getting over her obsession about You not loving her. When she realised he loved her more than anything and broke in tears I also broke in tears

Wow, I didn't think that anyone else cried about that.  I'm a sucker for those moments, too.  They hit me right in the feels.

I have two moments that are tied for first place.

Fate/stay night:

When Saber goes back to the moment when she's dying after destroying the Grail, and Shirou knows that he'll never see her again and that she'll die.

Hoshimemo:

When Komomo remembers that Kosame is dead, and she and You find her at the lookout trying to get Mare to send her off. I cried for a while after that, and then again when Kosame was still around after Mare cut Kosame with her scythe.

Hm, I think we have a thread like this already. :o

For me, the first one that comes to mind is that scene in Refrain. You all know what I mean... with the Faraway OST. ;_;

There are a few threads like this.

There are many moments in Little Busters Refrain that made me cry but that particular scene completely ruined me :(