Which -dere are you?

Flutterz

so wait...the tally so far is 2 Yandere's, 1 Tsundere....and the rest Kuudere's and Dandere's :\...this is the type of thing you can see what type of people get pulled into Vn's xD. Well just my opinion

People with no lives who can connect better with fictional characters that are their ideal being that obviously don't exist in real life. Or for great fictional stories.

People with no lives who can connect better with fictional characters that are their ideal being that obviously don't exist in real life. Or for great fictional stories.

Dunno. I love yanderes (you'll never find better tools) but I definitely wouldn't be able to see me as one. I think it's more about cold analysis than conneting yourself with characters (at least that's how I've been trying to do). The whole "cool" thing always makes me double facepalm thinking of how stupid that person is, but that's not too far-fetched from how I act, so I had to pick that one.

Though I may have taken this a bit too seriously.

Out of those, I probably fall closest to Kuudere.  I spent the first 9 years of my life living in a forest with no one my age within 20 miles, and then after my parents got divorced, I moved in with my aunt in the middle of Houston.  As a result I never really figured out how to deal with people on a social level until much later in life than most do, and I still have a habit of walling off my emotions.  I spent a good deal of high school avoiding others.

I actually can converse with people casually now(combine drama club in HS, loads of D&D sessions and years of customer service jobs), but I still can't easily relate personal feelings to others(my ex-wife has occasionally described me as being "cold").  

well the quiz you linked sayed i fall under the kuudere catagorie.

o well not that it matters cant describe a persons personality with only 7 qeustions.

i find these quizes more fun since they tell more about you.

http://psychcentral.com/ocdquiz.htm.

That's why I wasn't linking for the quiz - not only are there only 7 questions but they're also obvious. I was just linking to a list of deres, and there happens to be a quiz there. :P

Edit: Oh, and I scored a 9 on that test, so apparently I probably have OCD.

Well when it really comes to it I would be a yandere, ("that crazy psycopath just walked by, best walk the other way") as I do tend to make sure whatever I do is understood perfectly by others, (and yes it sometimes shows as violent) but it does reflect my honest opinions on people.

Guest hairybumslapper

Well when it really comes to it I would be a yandere, ("that crazy psycopath just walked by, best walk the other way") as I do tend to make sure whatever I do is understood perfectly by others, (and yes it sometimes shows as violent) but it does reflect my honest opinions on people.

Gee, i would hate to contradict you in an argument.

-

yandere_mode_by_souleater133-d45pxcn.jpg

This makes me wonder

What if a person is completely normal. No outstanding personality traits at all.

What would you call said being?

normalfag.  :ph34r:

At least according to the usual slang. Not a particularly good name, though.

I'd just call them "average".

Guest hairybumslapper

This makes me wonder

What if a person is completely normal. No outstanding personality traits at all.

What would you call said being?

Nodere.

Normal.

Boring.

a shame there is no poll in this topic (maybe its add-able). anyways, in terms of what i like in general about others and probably myself also:

Undere>Coodere>Dandere>Deredere>Kamidere>Kuudere>Tsundere>Himedere>Mayadere=Yandere

i actually never bothered about this dere thing, didnt rlly interest me, but once getting into VNs it might be good to know when u search for a certain VN filters.

so abviously Mayadere and Yandere r just plain sick and not to associate with unless u hav a death wish

acting all mighty, suppressing others and not appreciating ones kindness and good intentions towards u or others? i dislike tirany-ish and violent characters so Himidere, Tsundere and Kuudere r low on the list

its a difficult matter when it comes to Kamidere. I asume its kind of similar to tsundere so thats why its not on a higher placement. lets put that acting god-like aside, being proud and being very confident is a good trait. so even with those "cons" it has nice "pros" imo

Deredere can only be a good thing right? no evil or self-centred intentions. Why its not on the top? well it MIGHT be slightly boring. oh that hypocrasy im feeling right now....

Dandere... its like a derere, but just for u. being possessive is such a bad thing..

i dont know if its just me or do i think Coodere is super cute? i guess its way more open minded then dandere

i hope im not mistaken about Undere but i think its something about being very friendly and sweet towards a group of choosen ppl, but also respecting other individuals for what they r even thought u might hate them inside not showing it

You know, I think I've realized...  I'm not sure what I am anymore.  I'm fairly emotional and affectionate at heart, but when most people try to get close, I kind of wall them off.  However, I learned a while ago that people ask more questions when you look unhappy, so I pretty much wear a smile and speak in a pleasant or cheerful tone in most situations regardless of how I feel.  I frequently get told that I have a radio voice.

292utf6.png

Thugdere.

I didn't chose the thug life, the thug life chose me.

Himidere though.

normalfag.  :ph34r:

At least according to the usual slang. Not a particularly good name, though.

I'd just call them "average".

Any way to add -dere ?

I forgot what the word for normal/average was in japanese though i've heard it in anime plenty of times.

Depending on the definition of dandere, I'm probably one of them. I'm quiet most of the time because I'm shy in social situations. Opposite to the definition I read for clarity, I function a lot worse in groups instead of one-on-one, where people become surprised that I can actually talk sometimes. However, no one completely fits into their type and you can find me quite talkative even in front of large groups of strangers if you catch me on a good topic or day, and especially if it's not on a personal level, but a business social level (like a presentation, or a group project, or even class participation).