Grisaia no kajitsu anime

aznxa21

i still wake up shivering and crying from bad dreams about the horrible anime adaptation of Little Busters....and that wasn't that hard to ruin...

i can envision hundreds of ways to completely destroy grisaia...

why is it that hard to adapt a vn? i mean, i get that they have to compress 50-60 hours into 24 episodes or a little more/less...but at least make separate routes, why do the always try  to push all the routes into the same temporal line? what's so bad about covering different routes as "what if"?

It wouldn't make sense to be in let's say makina route for example In one episode and then shift into amane in the next one right? Also anime adaptions are really hard to make because they have make the story understandable to those who didn't actually play it

I don't know about this... Just read a small review on the internetz and they made a new heroine or something?

The only thing I am hoping for is that they will include ALL of the routes and not just stick with classic Amane or Yumiko route and also include Sachi's and Michiru's Life Story.

Edit: Found the website :c 

http://seventhstyle.com/2014/04/28/grisaia-no-kajitsu-not-looking-too-confident/

• 3 weeks later...

They are publicizing this anime with fanservice? Reallllllllllly?

To be fair, it's almost impossible to find an anime with a VN backround that DOESN'T get publicized with fanservice. Especially not one with 18+ content. I mean, even the LitBus anime had a lot of fanservicey images going around, and the actual show didn't have a whole lot of it (except a few scenes from the game).

The chara-design changed a bit, they have to because it has to be fitting for an anime rather than a VN.

Sadly the chara-designer, a guy from Shaft, is approximately the better known person in the staff. And the studio is some anecdotal company. And this will probably be 1-cour which probably can't adapt more than one route (how would they even do the other routes without things not making sense anyway?)

So yeah, chances of that being good are slim. And chances of people who didn't read the VN to care about it are even more slim >_>

Yosuga no Sora did it, not sure if al lthe routes but anyway, the first episodes were like the first half, then the routes came. Every girl got 2-3 episodes for their routes and then once it ended, the next episode was back to the point where the game would have continued if you didn't entered that route, something like this. I'm still waiting for Yosuga no Sora translation but imagine the route system goes like Grisaia, you'll understand how it worked.

But I'll admit that once the first route ended and the anime went back in time I was like: "wait, wtf? oh shit, is this a visual novel?". 

Yosuga no Sora did it, not sure if al lthe routes but anyway, the first episodes were like the first half, then the routes came. Every girl got 2-3 episodes for their routes and then once it ended, the next episode was back to the point where the game would have continued if you didn't entered that route, something like this. I'm still waiting for Yosuga no Sora translation but imagine the route system goes like Grisaia, you'll understand how it worked.

But I'll admit that once the first route ended and the anime went back in time I was like: "wait, wtf? oh shit, is this a visual novel?". 

That's a pretty damn lazy way to do things. I mean, I know it's hard to jump from an intrinsically non-linear medium to one that is usually more linear, but surely there must be a more elegant solution. Or maybe just mingle stuff, or make only one route, I dunno.

I don't know, I enjoy it this way because for example, if they made the whole anime using Amane's route, people who disliked it would most likely dislike the anime as well, also Michiru route fans would feel kinda down not seeing their favorite one animated. It gives everyone a taste of it, but I'm not sure if they'll use the same plot as the novel, there was an image long ago of Kazuki by Amane's side holding a gun, they could make something totally new.

That's a pretty damn lazy way to do things. I mean, I know it's hard to jump from an intrinsically non-linear medium to one that is usually more linear, but surely there must be a more elegant solution. Or maybe just mingle stuff, or make only one route, I dunno.

Yosuga no Sora was quite good, but only the last two episodes really mattered, since almost everyone watched it for the incest.

As for the Grisaia anime; from what I've read (Seventhstyle, anime forums, etc.), the expectations are really low. Maybe because it's hard to produce an anime with just one storyline, that's adapted from a visual novel with more than one storyline, and each storyline being unique and adding up to other storylines aka. routes.

I, myself, must say that my expectations aren't that high either. It probably will fail, but I really hope for a miracle to happen and it becoming almost as good as the visual novel.

I saw that news but the visual is actually the same as the one from a few weeks ago and the cast was already confirmed to be the same as the one in the VN. So the only news is Yuuji's seiyuu.

Well... I had something at least. :P I haven't seen the visual before so sorry about that.

I liked his work most of the time, I think it'll be just fine.

Just to name a few that I know, Takahiro Sakurai is the seiyuu of: Kururugi Suzaku (Code Geass); Griffith (Berserk - only in the Ougon Jidaihen movies); Kira Izuru (Bleach); Sasori (Naruto Shippuden); Yamato (Sukitte Ii na yo); Kiyomaro (Gash Bell).

There's a complete list on MAL if anyone is interested.