Saddest VN moment?

Isaac

Virtue Last Reward

Luna ending so sad

Oh thank god I thought I was the only one. 

Here are a few I don't think people have mentioned...

Ever 17

The end of Tsugumi's route when you sacrifice yourself.

That was mentioned before.

I'll add a few that no one else has:

9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors:

The true ending. The background music was utterly perfect, the conclusion tear-wrenching and the cruel simplicity and brilliance of the last puzzle is incredible. I still whistle the tune sometimes when I am alone without realizing it.

Remember11:

One of Kokoro's bad endings where she kills herself after she eats all the food and Yomogi dies. That was the single most "feels" moment out of all the VN, though also the endings where she just collapses into the snow while All Or None plays in the background is very sad too.

Ever17:

Sora's "Good" end. Sora was my favorite character in all of Ever17, especially since she was not in the danger of dying, like the others, but she had a quest of her own: To love.

While usually I never feel anything about this sort of thing, but I could relate to Sora so much. (The quote in my signature is from her route.)

At the "good" end of her route, Takeshi and Sora finally find love. However, they are helpless and about to die. As water floods into Himmel, they hug for the first and last time and then, my tears flow like the sea filling LeMU.

Virtue's Last Reward:

Besides Luna ending(which is either the saddest or the second saddest moment in the series-the first one being 999's True Ending), the moment when you learn the old lady is Akane and Tenmyouji is Junpei, Tenmyouji mutters "Akane..."

And 70 years of sorrow is packed into one word.

Also, the true ending's near finale. The HQ part, and the part where you learn what "Tu fui, ego eris." means.

Steins; Gate:

All of Chapter 6. Repeated deaths were overwhelming after a point, where I had to take a break.

Umineko:

I have only read the first four episodes, but especially Maria and Rosa's back-stories were very dramatic and depressing.

Umineko

I cried when George first confessed to Shanon. I watched the anime first, so I knew what would happen after that, and I became really sad =(

That and when Eva talked to Ange at Episode 8, during the farewell party. I thought she was being very honest, and due to all that Ange lived through, that words were very meaninful and sad.

In order from the saddest:

1. CLANNAD: In daddy's arms

Tomoya reconciles with his daughter on a field of flowers. The perfect, perfect dialogue and music makes this one of the best moments ever put on visual novel, and I found it more touching than Nagisa's death. There's something about the irreplaceable love for your daughter that gives you utmost sympathy and care for her, and this moment illustrated that so well that it was the only moment in any VN that made me drop a tear down my chin.

2. Little Busters: The secret of this world

Kyousuke reveals to Riki about the dream world and that the Little Busters were death casualties of an upcoming accident, followed by the final farewell between the two survivors and their lost friends. The execution was sub-standard, but the shock and awe came from the IDEA of losing your friends. The idea that all your relationships have only built up to an abrupt end and you can't do anything about it. The sheer thought makes the last 1/3 of Refrain the most impressive segment in any VN I've ever played.

3. Tomoyo After: I don't remember

Tomoyo reveals to Tomoya of his disease and her desperate attempt to bring back his memories. This VN's after story felt a little separate from the plot, however, it has such a brilliant execution that you can't help but sympathize with your lover after her daring efforts. I found it so touching that it didn't feel cliche'd, and you can't deny what an amazing short after story this makes.

4. Grisaia no Kajitsu: Crazy apple

Komine Sachi's backstory involving the death of her parents and the origin of her PTSD. I found her history to be the best out of all Grisaia heroines and I'm sure it was the most you could relate to. The chapter left away with a very heartbreaking, damaging, and haunting impression, and the storytelling really enhances that experience that it plants your ultimate concern for this heroine.

5. Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai: Shattered dreams

Kazuko breaks down after being denied of her hopes and dreams. This was one of the most shocking scenes I've ever read, because I never thought this seemingly happy-go-lucky VN would be willing to damage this character so far. It breaks your heart to see a very determined and lovely heroine fall to her knees in desperation, just its sheer image would drill a hole in anyone's heart.

Oh, yes, how could I have forgotten "that" scene from Ever17? You guys just reminded me. That was a really moving one :).

Ever17 has quite a few moving scenes in my opinion.

Sora & Tsugumi's "good" ends WHICH ARE NOT GOOD AT ALL

Sara's dolphin room scene

Sara's identity reveal

Tsugumi's reunion

Many more I cannot remember right now

</3

It's a very heartbreaking game...

Ever17 has quite a few moving scenes in my opinion.

Sora & Tsugumi's "good" ends WHICH ARE NOT GOOD AT ALL

Sara's dolphin room scene

Sara's identity reveal

Tsugumi's reunion

Many more I cannot remember right now

</3

It's a very heartbreaking game...

The good ends were not good at all. :P

Another one from Ever17

Tsugumi reuniting with her children.

Grisaia no Kajitsu

I definitely agree with everyone else that's posted about Sachi's backstory and the parents, and the wall of feels and just everything...but. I played through Angelic Howl first and that just hit me like a truck. Especially when Kazuki sacrifices herself--even knowing it was coming it hit me hard.

Akai Ito. 

Kei (aka your) death at the end of Akai Ito Sakura's route (You being impaled on Nushi's sword) with her begging you not to leave her (Since everyone she's know in her millennium long life has.) with kei telling Sakura she's happy that she meet her, which causes Sakura to weep in rage and beat the shit out of the main villian.

Aiyoku no Eustia

When Licia receives the crown and finds what's inside it

Eien no Aselia

The hime-sama route..... where you become an eternal and everyone forgets about you as you are written out of the universe and how you need to start over from scratch with your relationship and knowing the futility of it all and what the rest of your life is going to be

Steins;gate

The entire final sequence.

Rance 9

when old man freak died....

• 1 month later...

I think 

Sora and Takeshi dying together in HIMMEL(Sora "Good" End) is way sadder...

Tsugumi's route ("Good" ending) was the first route I finished in Ever17 that's why my reaction was like "Whaaaaaat?! What?! Did he die?! Noooo! No! This is suppose to be a good ending, dammit!". As I remember, I finished Sora's route after Sara's and You's and thought "Oh, he died again. Well, fine".

Tsugumi's route ("Good" ending) was the first route I finished in Ever17 that's why my reaction was like "Whaaaaaat?! What?! Did he die?! Noooo! No! This is suppose to be a good ending, dammit!". As I remember, I finished Sora's route after Sara's and You's and thought "Oh, he died again. Well, fine".

Personally I got Tsugumi route's ending spoiled for me, so Tsugumi never affected me much. I connected with Sora on a far more personal level though, no idea why.

Personally I got Tsugumi route's ending spoiled for me, so Tsugumi never affected me much. I connected with Sora on a far more personal level though, no idea why.

Maybe it connects with her personality, no? She's calm, polite and friendly. And what about Komachi... In the first half of the route Tsugumi is an unpleasant person. She's cold and trying to be strong and tough. Sometimes even rude.

Maybe it connects with her personality, no? She's calm, polite and friendly. And what about Komachi... In the first half of the route Tsugumi is an unpleasant person. She's cold and trying to be strong and tough. Sometimes even rude.

Quite possible. Never felt really caring about Tsugumi... also Sora was my first route (I think I went Sora> Tsugumi> You> Sara).

Not sure why im getting that respomse(*response, fixed it) directly underneath my post after everyones been doing the same for awhile.

I'd say coincidence and/or bad timing, the discussion I had with WinterSachi was probably what that post was directed at. Well, it is a discussion about moments in Ever17 that you just have to see for yourself and would be spoilers if read in plain text, hence the spoilers. I'd say we are just respecting that a lot of people who read this thread might not have read Ever17 yet, and they have the right to learn what happens by themselves. "Imagining we are whispering in public" is probably just a misinterpretation on Palas' part. Nothing worth worrying too much over.

I'd say coincidence and/or bad timing, the discussion I had with WinterSachi was probably what that post was directed at. Well, it is a discussion about moments in Ever17 that you just have to see for yourself and would be spoilers if read in plain text, hence the spoilers. I'd say we are just respecting that a lot of people who read this thread might not have read Ever17 yet, and they have the right to learn what happens by themselves. "Imagining we are whispering in public" is probably just a misinterpretation on Palas' part. Nothing worth worrying too much over.

Ah. Well you guys are doing a lot better than the Akame thread in the Anime section lol.