Saddest VN moment?

Isaac

So I just finished watching Kanon and thought of all the sad moments in different VN's and what is the most tear-jerking of them.

Mine is definately Kanon's

Makoto's death, take everything sad from an old person dying from old age, a pet dying and a friend dying and mix it to get one of the saddest episodes I've ever seen

close second is from Clannad 

what happens after Nagisa dies and Tomoya completely losing the will to live, even sadder that he repeats what he's father went through

Do NOT read this if you don't want to be spoiled on Konata yori Kanata Made

When the protagonist finally dies of cancer in Krys's normal ending in Konata yori Kanata Made, accepting his fate.

Do NOT read this if you don't want to be spoiled on Evolimit

When the Calamity Monkeys and Kokoro bid farewell to Shiranui and Shizuku as the pair ascend past humanity in their path, leaving the others to finally pass on through death's gates, some having atoned for their sins, others reunited with those they loved for the first time in over a century.

Honest-to-goodness tears flowing was this one:

Muv-luv Alternative:

After Takeru returns from destroying the original Hive and he discovers that Sumika dies. That and then returning to the classroom and watching him tear up when he sees everyone again just broke all the dams in the eyes.

Runner-up? Hanako's ending in Katawa Shoujo.

In Little Busters

When Kud is locked away in an island and almost loses her will to live but then hears Rikki's voice which is what allows her to escape.After that she comes back after weeks of not seeing Rikki, when those words "I'm back" were left out i teared~

Also Hannako's ending in Katawa Shoujo, i'll never forget those tears~

In Kara no Shoujo,

Tsuzuriko's death was a really hard blow. How the characters were all so sad after that, and the mood of the game got so depressive: I've rarely read something that sad.

I also shed countless tears while reading Muv-Luv Alternative, but it was more a huge mix of emotions rather than straight out sadness.

When a VN that I really liked ends, regardless of it's conclusion. I reeeeally like seeing bad ends, and I find them very fun, so I wouldn't say there's any particular moment which stood out like that. A few with very intense feelings, but not really sadness :P

- True End of Kara no Shoujo 2:

When Reiji finds Touko's skeleton buried in the woods and completely breaks down emotionally.

- The endings of MuvLuv Unlimited and Alternative:

I really, *really* wanted Meiya to live. Then the game said "fuck you". Also MLU's epilogue with your love interest on another planet with her child.

- Aiyoku no Eustia:

Melt dying. Edit: Also when it's revealed that the city floats regardless of the Holy Maiden's prayers, so them dying is completely pointless and they're basically just used as scapegoats to appease the angry mob.

- Lots of scenes in Muramasa, namely:

Subaru's death, Hikaru's death (although honestly this is more moving than sad, I guess), Ichijou's ending/epilogue, the epilogue of Janen Hen when Kageaki just weeps uncontrollably upon realizing what a trainwreck his life has become.

So I just finished watching Kanon and thought of all the sad moments in different VN's and what is the most tear-jerking of them.

Mine is definately Kanon's

Makoto's death, take everything sad from an old person dying from old age, a pet dying and a friend dying and mix it to get one of the saddest episodes I've ever seen

close second is from Clannad 

what happens after Nagisa dies and Tomoya completely losing the will to live, even sadder that he repeats what he's father went through

That Kanon's sad moment is really sad... 

Also, G-Senjou... 

When "Kyosuke's Father" sacrifices itself for his "son"... Man, that was sad, but also is one of the most manly scenes that I've ever seen.

The Epilogue of G-senjou no maou...

Before the ending plot twist anyway...

Or in Fate/stay night, the Heavens feel normal ending...

Of course, we all have different memories of the same scene, and we all have different preferences, so What was very sad for one person, might've been "Meh" for someone else...

Grisaia no Kajitsu

Michiri's bad ending!!!

When she comes back from the hospital, broken, void of emotions and still not understanding that her cat is dead my entire world crumbled.

That one sentence after you confess to her up on that hill with the ocean view, ugh, I cried, so much. :C
(Seriously thought that this was the good ending first and that the game left you with an empty feeling.)

Little Busters!

When the original Little Busters members, one by one, say farewell to Riki and then leave. That was the saddest moment I've ever witnessed.

G-senjou no Maou

When Kyousuke sacrifices himself so Haru can finally be free, by lying to the police. That was a really smart move, I really liked that part, and also the soundtrack song "Close your eyes" makes that moment even better.

Planetarian

When Reverie/Yume is destroyed. That scene remains to be the only scene that has made me cry. Even Little Busters and Clannad didn't break me, but that did.

Also, Symphonic Rain

In the Al Fine route when Chris and Torta go to the hospital and find that Ari's already dead.

I don't know why, but Kyou's ending in Clannad. It hit me in the feels harder than the rest. I just started bawling crying, and it's the only time I've ever cried like that. I would have to say it's because of the build up to that moment.

That rain scene brings me more tears than the amount of rain falling in it.

Well I'm pretty much emotional so I cry at every thing that has even a glimpse of sadness. But one that really hit me was the scene in

Muv-Luv Unlimited when my precious Meiya was to be separated from me. That and watching her rose weather away in Alternative. Oh, the horror....

I just finished playing Swan Song and while that game is more or less all-around sad, I did have many tear-inducing moments.

Tanomura's death in the church KILLED me. He was my favorite character and I was so full of happiness and love when he ran away with Hibari that having Tsukasa find the remains of his body was like being shot in the heart with a dart that proceeded to inject heated anger and hatred into my heart.

Aroe's death was what broke me into sobs. In the beginning of the game I wanted to like her, but found her extremely annoying on more than one occasion. As the game progessed I liked her more and more, and finding her body, especially after the statue, was another moment that just killed a part of me.

I went back and forth through the game about whether or not I liked Tsukasa. I realized that I did, but the level of my like tended to change with the situation. But I did not want him to die, especially after his character development. Of course that is when they would decide to kill him off; I spent the my time reading the epilogue in tears and heaving sobs.

So I pretty much spent the majority of that game crying, though the ending really clinched it for me. That being said, Swan Song was an amazing game and one of the best tragic stories I've read in awhile.

Little Busters!

When the original Little Busters members, one by one, say farewell to Riki and then leave. That was the saddest moment I've ever witnessed.

G-senjou no Maou

When Kyousuke sacrifices himself so Haru can finally be free, by lying to the police. That was a really smart move, I really liked that part, and also the soundtrack song "Close your eyes" makes that moment even better.

Those... were the exact same ones I was planning to choose. Scary.

Although I had another one in Grisaia no Kajitsu, when

Sachi and Yuuji went back to her old house, and found all the pictures that her parents had been planning to show her on her birthday.

And... you know what, ALL of Kana ~Imouto~. To describe all the depressing moments in that game would require a complete plot summary.

Those... were the exact same ones I was planning to choose. Scary.

Although I had another one in Grisaia no Kajitsu, when

Sachi and Yuuji went back to her old house, and found all the pictures that her parents had been planning to show her on her birthday.

And... you know what, ALL of Kana ~Imouto~. To describe all the depressing moments in that game would require a complete plot summary.

Well, that moment in G-Senjou also moved me to tears...

Re-Write 

I don't know if it's sad, but, when Lucia goes to the sunflower garden and after one day of being with Kotarou like a normal girl... That moment when she told him the truth.

And also, with the epilogue of the route, when they reach Girasol-7 sayng "These flowers are special, you can touch them [...]"... That was really emotive...