GAME RELEASE - ShiniKiss (Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji)

Guest madoka12345

What a coincidence~ XD How are you liking it so far? And how many hours would you say the common route is? I've heard it's pretty long.

The common route is really long honestly.  Probably at least 30 hours.  

My thoughts:

• I like our protag's sense of humor.
  • None of the characters are flat.
  • The characters all make me laugh in their own ways.
  • It doesn't shove one singular emotion down my threat repeatedly like some VNs have.
  • It's just great so far, and I'm still in the common route.

Guest madoka12345

The common route is really long honestly.  Probably at least 30 hours.  

My thoughts:

• I like our protag's sense of humor.
  • None of the characters are flat.
  • The characters all make me laugh in their own ways.
  • It doesn't shove one singular emotion down my threat repeatedly like some VNs have.
  • It's just great so far, and I'm still in the common route.

The common route is 30 hours.....? IT says the novel is 10-30 hours....

Not done with the common route still but the novel definitely has its share of comedy, i've had some good giggles here and there

I'm really enjoying it, it hasn't gotten boring at all and it has mystery. It kind of feels like Hoshizora no Memoria all over again, can't wait to finish.

The protagonist is not that generic either thank god, he has some common sense and has its own personality traits, teasing people and understand some of other people's feelings.

I can definitely relate to his non-attachement to life.

Now that i've 100% finished the game i can give a complete impression.

The story isn't too complex, like i mentioned before this is good for a quick read, that's about it.

I feel like at least the 2 first routes focus a lot on h-scenes rather than a story and Honoka's route was probably the most predictable.

There's nothing extremly outstanding about the novel but it's not really bad either, it's just one of those you read easily and get over it.

Kohaku's route was probably the most fullfilling and that's probably what saves the novel from being extremly generic.

The reason why i won't rate it badly is because for once it actually made me chuckle in various stances. Even with the amount of sex jokes

It was fairly enjoyable that's all i have to say, anyone can easily read this.

Can anyone give me an idea of how long this takes to complete? I've put Grisaia on the backburner for now cos it's just toooo long for my current limited playing time XD

The indicator on VNDB is rather accurate if you do follow the rate as which the characters speak. You can then from there gauge how fast you'll read it if you only follow the text.

It took me about 25 hours to clear it cos I was reading it at a pretty slow pace and I follow the voices so I think you should estimate. VNDB says reading it typically takes 10-30 hours, and from what I read it, unless you ignore the voices. It's gonna take quite a while to finish it.

The indicator on VNDB is rather accurate if you do follow the rate as which the characters speak. You can then from there gauge how fast you'll read it if you only follow the text.

It took me about 25 hours to clear it cos I was reading it at a pretty slow pace and I follow the voices so I think you should estimate. VNDB says reading it typically takes 10-30 hours, and from what I read it, unless you ignore the voices. It's gonna take quite a while to finish it.

^ That. It took me something around 10 hours, so it really depends on your reading speed and whether you skip the voices or not.

Can anyone give me an idea of how long this takes to complete? I've put Grisaia on the backburner for now cos it's just toooo long for my current limited playing time XD

You can easily finish this in 1/2 days. The first 2 routes end quickly, there's only ONE choice in the entire game and it's pretty obvious which choice leads to what route. After those 2 routes just start a new game and you'll be asked if you want to go to the common route or Kohaku's route, obviously chose the latter and just read until the end, there's no choice to make.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, there is no way I can say anything about this game without giving it away.  It's a nakige, but If I go into the details I can guarantee you'll want to kill me later.  Just enjoy it.  Don't look at it like one of Key's games though... for one thing, it isn't very comedic.  I don't recall laughing much during the course of the game, though I do remember crying.  I remember it as an emotionally-moving story, especially the shinigami's path. 

I wouldn't realy label it as nakige becouse even true it has some sad moments the endings are still

happy endings

Whell at least first two are I still didn't play Kohaku Route.

It's decent. I hate Honoka, but Shizuku and Kohaku are likable. Shizuku's route has been really awkward so far, I definitely hope that it improves soon. It seems like 90% of the common route is talking about sex, and while I'd normally label the game bad because of that, I actually find the comedy to be decent, better than Key's by far. 6.5-7/10 so far.

It's decent. I hate Honoka, but Shizuku and Kohaku are likable. Shizuku's route has been really awkward so far, I definitely hope that it improves soon. It seems like 90% of the common route is talking about sex, and while I'd normally label the game bad because of that, I actually find the comedy to be decent, better than Key's by far. 6.5-7/10 so far.

I'd say the comedy elements are the only thing it has going for it. It has nothing else. 

Both the 2 normal heroine routes are predictable and focus a lot on sex scenes.

Kohaku's is the best route and has a nice little twist at the end which i liked, it probably saved the VN too.

But then again it's not some masterpiece